Does hairloss make it more difficult to get a job?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Depends what line of work your in. Id imagine white collar are more image conscious about looking pretty compared to those that are in the blue collar.

Lots of people where I work are balding, fat and considered the red neck, newfy neckbeard types.

Even if things are like you say where you work, that is still just one workplace. We can't extrapolate from your one workplace what is happening across the entire employment spectrum, especially since you work in redneck geography where the people are used to everyone looking like toothless hayseeders.

- - - Updated - - -

And he still thinks that shaving a NW1 will have the same effect as sporting a full NW5.

NW1 shaved = alpha male who doesn't care about what other people think = hot!

NW5 shaved = what a loser! He actually thinks it hides his baldness = bald creep.

Happy New Year Fred.

Keep your spirits up. I have good feelings about Samumed.

Yours Truly,

The Eternal Optimist

P.S. We're all going to make it, including you.

- - - Updated - - -

What's next? Are you going to spend a day in a wheel chair and then pretend that you know all about the horror of being crippled?

Dynamite point. Nailed it. That is EXACTLY the kind of thing he would do.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
- - - Updated - - -

Happy New Year Fred.

We may get good news from Samumed
Keep your spirits up. I have good feelings about Samued.

Yours Truly,

The Eternal Optimist

P.S. We're all going to make it, including you.

- - - Updated - - -

Dynamite point. Nailed it. That is EXACTLY the kind of thing he would do.

How would you know what I would do? Did you even read my response that so far Fred has failed to respond back to? And by the way, Fred's already made it dude, can't you see the confidence oozing out of him. He just rocks the buzzed look to make it look like he doesn't give a **** about hair. Ooooh the confidence! I bet girls tremble in his presence!

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Well, confidence has nothing to do with attracting girls.

And don't tell me it's about having the balls to approach.

That's obvious, if you don't take action, nothing's going to happen.

Sexual attraction is all about looks.

lol

cosmic

Banned
Reaction score
How would you know what I would do? Did you even read my response that so far Fred has failed to respond back to? And by the way, Fred's already made it dude, can't you see the confidence oozing out of him. He just rocks the buzzed look to make it look like he doesn't give a **** about hair. Ooooh the confidence! I bet girls tremble in his presence!
:laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

Beta male but too stupid to know it

Johannes

Banned
Reaction score
LOL, that was gold, Fred. Very true indeed. People who haven't actually gone through something will never know what it's truly like.

Makes me sick how shallow some are, and you are just feeding him.
LOL (something) don´t even dare to compare hair loss with real injuries, illness since your desperation of gaining some hairs just for outer appearance.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Very informative.

What do you want me to say? You haven't responded to my original response and then when I make blatant sarcasm you fail to see it.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL (something) don´t even dare to compare hair loss with real injuries, illness since your desperation of gaining some hairs just for outer appearance.

Exactly, makes me wonder what's going on with some of the people in this forum. Fred is not the only bald guy here as much as he wishes he was.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Well, confidence has nothing to do with attracting girls.

And don't tell me it's about having the balls to approach.

That's obvious, if you don't take action, nothing's going to happen.

Sexual attraction is all about looks.

+1

Of course sexual attraction is about what people look like.
Only a total moron or total phony would say otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with EvilLocks. Her point is correct.

You indicate hair loss is no big deal because it's merely cosmetic but social science evidence shows that cosmetics go a long way towards determining the quality of a person's life. For example, unattractive people are more likely to be found guilty of crimes and more likely to get harsher punishments. If you don't think it matters whether or not you are found guilty or innocent in a criminal case you're a fool. Attractiveness can decide who gets found innocent, who gets the job, who gets the raise, who gets the mate, etc, etc, etc, The quality of life hangs in the balance of whether or not you have hair.

Does that mean that 100% of attractive people succeed in life and 100% of bald people fail in life? No. But there are limited options for bald people to succeed in quality of life matters while the options are virtually limitless for attractive people to succeed in quality of life matters. For example, about 90% of women will reject a man because he's bald but virtually NO women will reject a man because he has a full head of hair. So there's a limited number of women who will give a bald guy a break whereas virtually all women will give an attractive man a break. This doesn't only mean that it's easier for men with hair to find success with women; it also means that there are not enough women, who will give a bald guy a break, to guarantee that all bald men can have a woman. This means that even if all bald men said and did exactly the right thing many of them, if not most of them, would still be rejected by women. And you might argue that it's no big deal if a man does not have a woman but the fact is that people (both men and women) without mates have shorter and unhealthier lives than people with mates. In other words, if a man does not have a woman it can kill him and it can make him unhealthy.

Did you know that unattractive people have inferior social status? In other words, people don't like them. Can you not imagine scenarios wherein being disliked by people could cause you to suffer some health problem, or even the loss of you life, or incarceration? It can happen. It DOES happen.

shookwun

Reaction score
How about relationships where the man seeks to find women who have the opposite of their own features for better genetic balance?

Had Ric not had children with a women who has high FWHR, and strong features they would of inevitably had his own inbred genes.

242ijcj.jpg

297A577900000578-0-Ric_Ocasek_poses_with_sons_Oliver_Orion_Ocasek_and_Jonathan_Rave-m-4_1433863814107.jpg

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
That's an excellent post, nameless. You will never have any certainty of outcome when it comes to baldness, much as the sadbrains here would like to pretend there is. The genetics chat is a big distraction IMO. It really all comes down to the smaller number of viable options you have romantically, career-wise and socially as a NW1 vs. a slick dude, and the window of possibility these create for a favorable outcome in life quality.

You also touch on one of the things I hate the most here, which is the "plenty of fish" argument. It goes something like this: "who cares if some girls reject you for being bald? Some are gonna reject you for x, others are gonna reject you for y. There's tons of girls out there!"

In actuality, the number of suitable partners for any one person is quite limited when taking into account age, lifestyle, interests, attractiveness, geography, opportunity and probably a myriad of other factors that I just skipped over. Hair loss isn't something like say, green eyes, that is down to just personal preference, it's something that has a global negative impact on your attractiveness. So the girls, if you are dating, are not really rejecting you for being bald, they are rejecting you for being unattractive. And since attractiveness is by far the most important factor of those I just listed, that means your number of potential partners just got a lot smaller*.

*You can increase it, ofc, by lowering your standards. Hope you like fat girls or single moms.

And being bald reduces your options so much that your options become so limited that there are not enough women to go around to all of the single bald men so many bald men are going to stay single because there simply are not enough women who will give bald guys a break in the geographical location of any particular bald man. So even if you're OK with lowering your standards you still may not get a mate if you're bald. It's that bad. Even unattractive women do not want us and she would rather be alone than be with someone she is not attracted to even though her own solitude will result in her having an earlier death and health problems. Like I said, single people die earlier and have worse health problems. But she doesn't care. She would rather die and be unhealthy (and gripe about it) than put up with having a bald man.

And you don't have to be all the way bald to be in this predicament. I was OK looking until I got to late NW2 early NW3 and that is when my life became damaged so you don't have to reach NW5 for it to damage your life. Major damage to your life could start as early as late NW2 or early NW3. I did reach late NW4 early NW5 but I managed to reverse it to about late NW3 but it has not improved my life. I would need more reversal to improve my life. The damage to your life at late NW3 is about the same as the damage to your life at late NW4 early NW5 - almost nobody wants you as a mate and you are the butt of people's jokes if you socialize and people view you as an ugly loser.

These NW1.5's, NW2's and mid NW2's talk about hair loss being no big deal but they don't know what they're talking about, and they are in for a very RUDE awakening if they don't get their hair loss to stop. They do not want to reach late NW2/early NW3. If they do then they will be singing a totally different tune. If I could just get myself back to early NW2 or even mid NW2 I would be satisfied. I was happy, had a few girlfriends, and a good social life at those stages. In order to get to early NW2/mid NW2 I would have to reverse my hair loss one and a half Norwood rating. I'm hoping that SM04554 gets me there. If it does then I will steal hairloss23's women and teach his sorry @ss a lesson.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How does lowering your standards as a man even work?

If you're a male 6 and go for female 4's, how will you even get it up?

How will it even be enjoyable and better than just jerk off to p**rn and visit hookers?

I've never understood this "lower your standards" argument. Just go for a females who is on the same level as you, or even slightly above.

I understand Exodus when he says that at a point, it's not worth it if he can't have a slim white girl.
+1. I hate when people here act like lowering your standards is the cure. I can't even get it up unless the girl has some kind of attractiveness, basically at least a 6. and of course isn't fat or black. the politically incorrect truth is that vast majority of guys would have the same standards, even a lot of black guys lol xD.

its not like i'm holding out for a supermodel.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to zircon again."

Damn it. Good post Zircon

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think for most men the lowering of standards isn't really a conscious process.

It's a subconscious thing, I feel, brought about by crushing frustration. What used to be a 4 for you gets to be a 6, as your id grudgingly dials down its threshold values for penis engorgement.

For Exodus' part I think the solution is simple: brush up on his Bahasa with some online courses, and then head down to Indonesia to find his roots and "branch out", so to speak. Find a local job programming Candy Crush clones for pre-teens. Toke up on the weekends.

This might involve conversion to Islam at some point, I'm not too clear about that, but thinking about it that might provide some much-needed direction so altogether a win I must say.
this is terrible advice lol. i hate indonesian and muslim culture for one, they're both primitive and religious, and are the opposite of me. i would never fit in there.

secondly, i hate indonesian women lol. i have zero attraction to them. i also have zero interest in them personality wise.

convert to islam? really? please tell me you are kidding. you can't be serious about this dude. holy hell man, pray five times a day, limit everything good (diet, alcohol, drugs, etc), wear a veil, all for some girls i couldn't get it up with? lol

and on TOP of all that, i can't just "toke up on weekends". its a hell of a lot harder to smoke in indonesia and the penalties are very harsh. http://www.theweedblog.com/toughest-marijuana-laws-around-the-world/. a woman was PUT TO DEATH for bringing weed (she was from australia)

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The "advice" was meant in jest. I wanted to poke some light fun at you and your predicament.

But I will say, reading this reply has left me deeply disturbed. Honestly, I feel that it has betrayed sides of your character, more specifically a racially charged lack of empathy and concern for others, that I had hoped I would not see. It makes me think that you might actually be somewhat deserving of the bleak fate that you've outlined to us elsewhere.
you wanted to poke light fun at me and my predicament . . . . . . ? really? and you have the gall to say i'm immoral? lol

what has hair loss talk come to. where people pick on each other for baldness. wow. just wow. and now you say i deserve it.

deeply disturbed because i find indonesian women ugly? lol ok. and yes, both indonesian and muslim cultures are both primitive and religious. where is the offense in that? maybe not primitive per se, but they are very conservative and that can be considered "primitive" in a sense.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Calling women of a certain race "cheap, third-rate dark pussy that makes me want to throw up" is very disturbing. It's close to, or may already be in Stormfront territory.

I have worked with a few Indonesian women, all from Jakarta, and they were very modern and Westernized. Smart, diligent workers, nothing third-rate about them. Perhaps that might have added to the offense I took.

You bemoan your baldness and how it makes others perceive you, but certainly the lens through which you view others is no better, arguably even worse, in all its provincial, racist and warped, miserable glory.
obviously the women you would have worked with were in the financial field and as a result are preselected to be intelligent and hard working xD. come on dude.

anyways, i shouldn't have used those words, i'll edit the original post. it came off racist but really i am just a little bit racist. but i never act on it so to make me out like i'm hitler is very inaccurate.

its wayyyyy worse that you joke on someone when they are already down though, that is truly ****ed up man. and to say i deserve too. shame on you.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yea of course there are some attractive girls there. but on average they are less hot. anyways, i don't care. i'm very disappointed that you would joke on someone's baldness on a HAIR LOSS FORUM. and to top it off say they deserve it. seriously what the hell. just what the hell.

that is ****ed up.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Watch out guys, it's now racist to have a preference in girls!
THIS THIS THIS THIS +45

and lol at how you made it worse zircon. the equivalent would be "cheap third rate dark penis". i never said indonesian pussy was loose as a goose. its prolly tight since they're so short in fact.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
still never claimed they were loose, the equivalent of micropenis

- - - Updated - - -

That post was incredibly dumb. You were not just expressing a preference. You didn't say "there's nothing wrong with Indonesian women, I just don't find them attractive". You called them "cheap, third-rate dark pussy that makes me want to throw up".
i edited it, gandhi. i was a little overzealous, whatever. i can't deny i am little bit racist though, but like i said i never act on it. nothing thats worth going bald young though

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Calling women of a certain race "cheap, third-rate dark pussy that makes me want to throw up" is very disturbing. It's close to, or may already be in Stormfront territory.

I guess the line is drawn at poking fun at baldness(even if you are also laughing at yourself). Racism on the other hand is A-OK! The dude recently negged me for a comment I made in September, where I was just joking around(LIKE I ALWAYS DO!!!).

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess the line is drawn at poking fun at baldness(even if you are also laughing at yourself). Racism on the other hand is A-OK! The dude recently negged me for a comment I made in September, where I was just joking around(LIKE I ALWAYS DO!!!).
comparing bald guys to cockroaches can hardly be considered "joking around". especially since you are far from bald, so its not like you are also picking on yourself.

also racist beliefs dont mean **** if you don't act on them. they're similar to bald discrimination cuz ur hating on a physical difference but you guys are actually acting on your bald hate. so you guys are obviously way worse