Does hairloss make it more difficult to get a job?

shookwun

Reaction score
Depends what line of work your in. Id imagine white collar are more image conscious about looking pretty compared to those that are in the blue collar.

Lots of people where I work are balding, fat and considered the red neck, newfy neckbeard types.

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
I cant speak for other countries but in the US it really doesnt matter. All the job interviews I've been on have been with the manager or associate you would be working under. HR really just goes through the resume and applications to find suitable candidates for management to interview. Thats my experience in NY, but I have done many interviews.

cosmic

Banned
Reaction score
What the actual **** is up with this Fred guy? I have seen his posts the last few weeks I have been browsing this forum, you are mad and need to man up! Sure hair is important for things in life but you take it too far man. I am unable to make a new thread about my brief hair loss story so I may as well write it here. I am 25 and I think I am between a Norwood 1-2 with some thinning at the hairline. I have started Avodart. Genetics for hair loss are not really that strong but do exist. I may as well try and save my hair but there are more serious problems in life that exist for some unfortunate people. This is nothing. I am willing to bet my life that no long term member of this forum is very good looking like 8 plus, otherwise baldness is not a big deal.

blackg

Reaction score
Fred is my man and I'm gunna back his *** up! So you are 25 and STILL an NW1 or 2, hey?
Boy...you really are a man to admire around here! You don't know the first thing about "maning up" and facing the world every fuqking day as a NW4 or 5. Then you will know what maning up is all about. Hahaha... I gotta laugh at this ****!!
Right now...you just sound like all the other male robots who believe they should spew out the "man up" line. Because its what society demands.

In case you need educating. This section for people to vent. When ya bald this world will drag you *** down, son. So we need to vent here, so we can "man up" out there.
Man up...Only the insecure, wanna be "alpha male" drones ever say this ****.

cosmic

Banned
Reaction score
So you think you need an award for stepping outside the house as a Norwood 4-5? Sweet Jesus I couldn't even predict someone would say that. I think it's clear who lacks courage in life. I appreciate this is a section to vent but if you can't deal with this at all, what can you deal with? Of course I still have most of my hair like most people in their mid 20s.

blackg

Reaction score
So you think you need an award for stepping outside the house as a Norwood 4-5? Sweet Jesus I couldn't even predict someone would say that. I think it's clear who lacks courage in life. I appreciate this is a section to vent but if you can't deal with this at all, what can you deal with? Of course I still have most of my hair like most people in their mid 20s.
It's coming to get ya!! Society will crush your gentle *** very soon. The fact that you've joined this forum is all I, and my friend Fred, need to know. We've seen it all before. So good luck, mate. Hahaha...

cosmic

Banned
Reaction score
I have joined for information not because I am a crybaby. I didn't know you knew what my genetics were or how Avodart would work on me. I wish you well and hope you let go of the hate. I still don't think a very good looking guy would be a long term member on here so you all have other problems generally.

blackg

Reaction score
I have joined for information not because I am a crybaby. I didn't know you knew what my genetics were or how Avodart would work on me. I wish you well and hope you let go of the hate. I still don't think a very good looking guy would be a long term member on here so you all have other problems generally.
Ahh...damn, not you again. This is too good. You really are very sensitive.. But, I already knew that. Look, I'm having a good night drinking here and watching MNF (don't tell me who won).
Anyway... I'll let you have the last say, because I know how important that will be to your fragile ego.
Whatever ever it is its gunna be a riot.
I will check it after the game. But sincerely... Good luck, son.

Norwood

Established Member
Reaction score
What the actual **** is up with this Fred guy? I have seen his posts the last few weeks I have been browsing this forum, you are mad and need to man up! Sure hair is important for things in life but you take it too far man. I am unable to make a new thread about my brief hair loss story so I may as well write it here. I am 25 and I think I am between a Norwood 1-2 with some thinning at the hairline. I have started Avodart. Genetics for hair loss are not really that strong but do exist. I may as well try and save my hair but there are more serious problems in life that exist for some unfortunate people. This is nothing. I am willing to bet my life that no long term member of this forum is very good looking like 8 plus, otherwise baldness is not a big deal.

His posts are legit, one of the most redpilled posters here. You're only a NW1-2. If you were to live one day as a NW5, and experience first-hand how bald men are treated in Western society, you would angry at the world too if you had any self-respect at all.

cosmic

Banned
Reaction score
Hey I don't mean to cause a fight with you blackg. This is all new to me. I genuinely wished you well in my last post. No riot! My main problem was seeing this Fred guy post garbage all over the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

His posts are legit, one of the most redpilled posters here. You're only a NW1-2. If you were to live one day as a NW5, and experience first-hand how bald men are treated in Western society, you would angry at the world too if you had any self-respect at all.
He seems confused and unwell, sorry to say and doesn't really comprehend his own situation. Also writes garbage about girls, male models. I have seen bald people go about their day just fine, they are not being burnt at the stake. People in wheelchairs have it way worse and are limited. It hurts the ego to go bald for sure but if you take a step back, many things are worse.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score

+100. It's always the people who have virtually no noticeable hair loss who come on here with this "man-up bulls**t". They do not know what real hair loss is like because no one is going to mock you for being an NW1 or an NW2. That is so incredibly minor since you have what is essentially a full head of hair. These fullheads always say stuff like "there are more important things than hair" yet they don't know what the devastation of true baldness is like because they have never experienced it firsthand for themselves. Fred unfortunately does know because he was bald at one time. My wish for the New Year is for people who have essentially full heads of hair to stop coming on here and preaching to people about how they should react to true hair loss, especially when they have absolutely zero firsthand knowledge of it themselves.

blackg

Reaction score
+100. It's always the people who have virtually no noticeable hair loss who come on here with this "man-up bulls**t". They do not know what real hair loss is like because no one is going to mock you for being an NW1 or an NW2. That is so incredibly minor since you have what is essentially a full head of hair. These fullheads always say stuff like "there are more important things than hair" yet they don't know what the devastation of true baldness is like because they have never experienced it firsthand for themselves. Fred unfortunately does know because he was bald at one time. My wish for the New Year is for people who have essentially full heads of hair to stop coming on here and preaching to people about how they should react to true hair loss, especially when they have absolutely zero firsthand knowledge of it themselves.

Too true!! But, in a sense, I can't blame these early norwoods for having this "whatever", "man-up", "it's only hair" mindset.
Ya see, at the moment these fullheads/early balding types are still getting neutral to positive feed back from the world. And in theory, loosing your hair in an obvious male pattern baldness pattern really shouldn't effect this feedback, right??
And I agree...In a theory it SHOULDN'T!!

But out there in the real world, where it's a ****ing rat race and people have no time to actually consider the fact that your still a worthwhile person despite your hair loss..and, surprise..you didn't actually CHOOSE to look like this....these theories go completely out the window.
In an instant you will be sized up, judged..and put into a certain "loser" category..one of which you never actually decided to join.

Don't expect the full heads/women to actually consider the possibility that you NEVER actually chose to look like this.
That's asking WAY too much!
This is you new look..your new category and you will be treated as such.
Don't believe me, anyone??? Just wait. It will happen to you.

And as the poster Norwood said... The disrespect dished out to bald men by strangers will eat away at you and make you a very bitter person. That's if you have any SELF respect at all.
You can only shrug your shoulders and "man-up" so many goddamn times...

Now, quite often this disrespect is dished out in quite subtle ways so maybe that's why it's not really picked up on by those with a full head of hair.
Hell, even some baldites are oblivious to it!! But, there is no hope for those guys anyway!! (You know the type)

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
Height is known to have a negative effect on your career so I would imagine it's the same with baldness, maybe not to the same extent.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
I agree, I am a low Norwood who is actually regrowing and if I ever eventually get back to NW1 I have decided at some stage to completely shave my head, not buzzed, completely shaved and go try some new stuff where I'm out in public a lot. I want to see just how the world would react to someone so young being bald. For added bonus might even leave the horseshoe and just buzz it.

blackg

Reaction score
I agree, I am a low Norwood who is actually regrowing and if I ever eventually get back to NW1 I have decided at some stage to completely shave my head, not buzzed, completely shaved and go try some new stuff where I'm out in public a lot. I want to see just how the world would react to someone so young being bald. For added bonus might even leave the horseshoe and just buzz it.

Hahaha...I just love reading these deluded posts!! The If I ever get back to an NW1. Come on, now!!

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Did you read the post? "For added bonus might even leave the horseshoe and just buzz it." As for getting back to NW1? Look at my regimen, I can't imagine it will be too hard, I'm already seeing temporal regrowth and if needs be I'll get a hair transplant. Stop trying to act like being the victim of all this somehow puts you on a pedestal. A guy can very easily replicate the NW5+ look if he wanted to.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
And even then, doing that will not teach you the horror of true baldness.

What's next? Are you going to spend a day in a wheel chair and then pretend that you know all about the horror of being crippled?

LOL, that was gold, Fred. Very true indeed. People who haven't actually gone through something will never know what it's truly like.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Not really, you'll need to put make up to cover your follicles otherwise people will wonder what the f-ck you're doing.

And even then, doing that will not teach you the horror of true baldness.

What's next? Are you going to spend a day in a wheel chair and then pretend that you know all about the horror of being crippled?

I never said it would show me "the horror of true baldness", I said it because I think it will be something worthwhile experiencing, whether or not you beat Androgenetic Alopecia is irrelevant because afterwards everyone has a new-found respect for those suffering male pattern baldness than they did before they were suffering, example, ask any fat guy who overcomes obesity if they have a respect for other fat people trying to lose weight and I guarantee you almost all of them will say yes, because they've been there . It's the same with practically every life altering disease that can be overcome. I'm not saying I've "been there" with hair loss, no I've not lived the NW5, but It doesn't mean I don't respect a bald man trying to fight Androgenetic Alopecia, much like a guy who went from 200lbs to 160 would still respect a guy trying to go from 300lbs to 160. What's the harm in trying it anyway? It's better than just going back to my normal pre-male pattern baldness life and forgetting forums like this and people like you even existed. You don't need to put everyone on this forum down just because they haven't gone through Androgenetic Alopecia at the same severity you have.

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
Just one opinion here, but I would say no. I think that few HR people would really put the decision on hair loss-hiring is just too important to be decided by looks. Looking great and being confident help, but if you are the best candidate and bald I bet you still get the job.