Does Dutasteride Really Worked Better Than Finasteride ?

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yes. Why wouldnt it? Why would a drug that inhibits nearly 100 percent of the 5 ar 2 which is almost 30 percent more than finasteride not help more? I dont know what planet your on to argue dutasteride would not work better than finasteride at the front. It would work everywhere.
The picture of the twins where the one on dutasteride lost almost no hair while the twin went bald. Stuff works, but your taking more dangers with side effects too. Nothing is free.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it's stronger and then "block" more DHT in the scalp. But stronger drug means stronger side effects (in theory). I remember you had gyno, it's not for you.

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Why wouldnt it? Why would a drug that inhibits nearly 100 percent of the 5 ar 2 which is almost 30 percent more than finasteride not help more? I dont know what planet your on to argue dutasteride would not work better than finasteride at the front. It would work everywhere.
The picture of the twins where the one on dutasteride lost almost no hair while the twin went bald. Stuff works, but your taking more dangers with side effects too. Nothing is free.

Yeah but finasteride specifically targets the type 2 isozyme, which is responsible for hair loss. Going after the other isozymes may not be that much more beneficial.

I've been around these kinds of communities a long time and it was super rare to ever see someone who had no results from finasteride swich to dutasteride and suddenly get results.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but finasteride specifically targets the type 2 isozyme, which is responsible for hair loss. Going after the other isozymes may not be that much more beneficial.

I've been around these kinds of communities a long time and it was super rare to ever see someone who had no results from finasteride swich to dutasteride and suddenly get results.
dutasteride inhibits type 2 more than finasteride does

InvaderZim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a dutasteride user (no side effects) and I'm doing great. I have results, like stabilisation, thicker hair, some regrowth around the temples, etc.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is better for some people. Also if you have been on Finasteride for a long time and are losing ground adding Duasteride twice/week can help. For most people Finasteride is enough and the safest option among all ''anti androgens" (which Finasteride really isn't). And even this has controversey.

abcdefg

Reaction score

Right, but we arent debating what enzymes are worth inhibiting. The topic is does dutasteride work better than propecia at maintaining hair. Of course it does. To what extent I think we all know no one knows that it varies by person

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is better for some people. Also if you have been on Finasteride for a long time and are losing ground adding Duasteride twice/week can help. For most people Finasteride is enough and the safest option among all ''anti androgens" (which Finasteride really isn't). And even this has controversey.

I haven’t seen one successful story (beside the australian study with 1 subject lol ) adding dutasteride to finasteride just once or twice a week. There’s also no logic whatever that this will work any significantly better.

Last edited:

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
532ECB88-829B-4BE7-8CF1-8D80A38F3D81.gif

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride works better If you want your hairline sitting at the back of your head ;)

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
when i switch from finasteride to dutasteride, i started to see some regrowth in the hairline, temples and a general more thicker hairs. i took it only for 6 months, cant imagine the results if i took for 1-2 years...
but the side effects are more stronger, loss of libido,watery semen and gyno..that can persist for several months after discontinuation because the long half life..

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Right, because there’s zero stories about finasteride doing damage on the hairline on this forum...
Of course there are stories about that, I'm one of them. finasteride ate my temples and they never came back. I was only making a joke when I said the same about dutasteride, but it does happen.

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost 3 months on dutasteride, no sides, no shedding (shrug). Previously on finasteride for over a year. Will be taking photos in a few weeks to compare to my finasteride baseline.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven’t seen one successful story (beside the australian study with 1 subject lol ) adding dutasteride to finasteride just once or twice a week. There’s also no logic whatever that this will work any significantly better.

I said twice/week. The only logic would be that some people may respond better to Duasteride and it has a long half life so using it twice/week may give them a boost if they are not noticing anything on Finasteride. It also more completely inhibits 5AR2 (also 5AR1 which is not very helpful) which may help if they took Finasteride for a long time and are not noticing as much benefits. There have not been adequate studies on this but still something available to try.

alex1307

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is blocks more DHT, so it should reduce hairloss even more than finasteride, yes.

Teflon Don

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride is a lot stronger than finasteride.

Changing the amide from t-BuNH2 to bis-trifluoro-aniline profoundly increases the potency & also the duration.

Idk about hair in the scalp, although the skin texture feels more polished and glossy like on fish scales.

I came across various articles that suggested that it might be something to do with increased collagen.

Duta is also orexigenic.

mustafasoud

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if anybody experience wrinkles on finastride it seems like my forhead shows some signs of wrinkles i dunno may be it's on my head how can i get rid of it anyway if anybody could help