Does Dutasteride Really Worked Better Than Finasteride ?

InvaderZim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if anybody experience wrinkles on finastride it seems like my forhead shows some signs of wrinkles i dunno may be it's on my head how can i get rid of it anyway if anybody could help
Never heard a case in which finasteride causes wrinkles.

Only minoxidil-related ones, though

Ahmed Maher

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if anybody experience wrinkles on finastride it seems like my forhead shows some signs of wrinkles i dunno may be it's on my head how can i get rid of it anyway if anybody could help
I've had noticeable facial wrinkles since I started finasteride too, even my mother noticed them and warned me.
BTW, I don't see any remarkable progression yet, maybe the "Nopecia" we have in Egypt is adulterated.

Last edited:

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a dutasteride user (no side effects) and I'm doing great. I have results, like stabilisation, thicker hair, some regrowth around the temples, etc.
How long have you been on dutasteride for?

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not even through my first 90 dutasteride pills and I swear my hair is looking a bit better already. Was previously on finasteride for over a year (~14 months). I'm feeling pretty positive. Really hope I can come back in a few more months and report solid success story.

edit: forgot I already posted in this thread. Basically my hair just keeps looking a little better bit by bit (~3 weeks since my last post).

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not even through my first 90 dutasteride pills and I swear my hair is looking a bit better already. Was previously on finasteride for over a year (~14 months). I'm feeling pretty positive. Really hope I can come back in a few more months and report solid success story.

edit: forgot I already posted in this thread. Basically my hair just keeps looking a little better bit by bit (~3 weeks since my last post).

That's great! Are you on anything else other than duta? Is your "my regimen" up to date?

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just min foam + nizoral. Dropped finasteride now that I'm on dutasteride full-time.

Kendell

My Regimen
Reaction score

How was your experience with side effects ?

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I took dutasteride for the first time yesterday and the only concern i have is that coincidently my bones have been abit brittle last night and today. painful and grinding. mostly in left wrist and knees.

its abit concerning.

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting update...noticed yesterday that my back hair seems to be reduced. That's after only 3 months of dutasteride. Over a year of finasteride did not change my body hair at all.

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on 0.5mg dutasteride every day for I think about 2 months now. Started taking it a few times a week on May 23rd, eventually upped it to every day. Basically I got 90 pills at the end of May and I just finished the last of that batch today. So technically I've been taking it for four months.

No sheds, no hair loss, no negative side effects. Hair's probably about the same. There's a big patch of those crappy bigger than velus\not real terminal hairs that I think is new and has sprouted on my left temple. Along the front of my hairline too, actually. Not cosmetically significant though.

Really hope to see improvement over the next 90 pills. If not, I might switch back to finasteride, just because it's supposedly "safer". I dunno...

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just spent like 30 minutes trying to get a photo that perfectly matches my baseline photo. Even with the same exact camera and lighting, it's f*****g hard to get it right. Seems like my left temple is a bit better, but can't be sure... Just gonna wait another 3 months before comparing photos again.

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got a haircut, swear my hair looks better. Quality feels good overall. Not necessarily expecting crazy regrowth at this point (still very bald), but almost positive I have a ton more patches of semi-vellus hair compared to my 1+ year of finasteride. No negative side effects, only sporadic days where my libido is increased.

Another thing I noticed about my hair regrowth in general (mostly a result of minoxidil up to this point). Rather than growing "in place" it seems like the thick sides of my head grow "in"...my thin areas gradually close up, rather than get thicker. This sh*t is fascinating.

Last edited:

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is it safe for my hair to swap from finasteride to dutasteride straight away, or should I be transitioning slowly into it? Thinking of making the swap if I don't see any positive cosmetic changes by the year mark.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is it safe for my hair to swap from finasteride to dutasteride straight away, or should I be transitioning slowly into it? Thinking of making the swap if I don't see any positive cosmetic changes by the year mark.

You can just transition right away

dutas_analysis.jpg