Does Dutasteride Really Worked Better Than Finasteride ?

dhtbaldy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess every body reacts differently. Finasteride suddenly lost efficacy. I was glad that I was able to obtain Avodart. Side effects not that I noticed. Being one of the majority that does ton experience any...fingers crossed.
Having said that...if Sisheido is the big game changer one day, I will go for it. Not keen of using medication until I bite the dust.

Yeah I'm following you. I don't mind using Finasteride forever since I personally haven't experienced side effects and it's efficacy is almost the same. At 30 it's kept all my hair and one FUE will take my hair back to 21. Sisheido is a game changer though and I wouldn't say no but who knows when it will happen. I hope Avodart proves to be very useful to you!

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on Avodart for 6 months. Shedding like an absolute mofo. But my gf inspected my scalp this week and she said there's tons of little hairs growing through. Just wish the shedding would slowdown!

How did finasteride work for you? Did you ever try anything else as well? Mino, RU, whatever natural remedies?

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello my dudes just a quick update from me. Closing in on 4 months of 0.5mg dutasteride every day. No side effects.

I think my hair is just continuing to get a bit better compared to when I was on finasteride. No miracles, but my left temple\corner in particular seems to have a good bit more hair. I took some comparison photos and there is no blatantly obvious cosmetic improvement, but definitely no shed since switching from finasteride to dutasteride either! Also my hair in general just sits better. Holding on to some hope that a full year will give me a solid improvement.

skinnyshaft

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How did finasteride work for you? Did you ever try anything else as well? Mino, RU, whatever natural remedies?

Sorry, only just saw your previous message.

As with most of these drugs, very hard to tell how well Finasteride worked. I still continued to gradually lose my hair but with the aid of 3 hair transplants at the hairline, I've managed to retain a decent head of hair by the age of 40. The biggest issue with my hair is less the hairloss but how naturally fine it is. Who knows where I'd be without the meds? I'll never know!

As for trying anything else, not really. I use Nizoral and, very recently, Regenepure DR. I did try topical Min through Belgravia for about a year when I was 20, but recall it doing jack s**t. I'd be tempted to add it to my regimen, but it would be a nightmare given the concealer and hair products I use. I'd just be re-washing and restyling my hair all the time. Think it would be unmanageable.

User707

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all. Very new here. I’m a long time finasteride user of 20 years here. It has pretty kept all my hair for that long. Recently I’ve noticed a bit of thinning. I’m just wondering of those of you who made the switch or even incorporated DUA with finasteride could give me an update all these years later. Would really appreciate you input