Do You Think The Average Balding Guy Would Get Dumped ?

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
All this to say that looks often won't cut it, social intuition and intelligence shouldn't be overlooked (damn I'm actually saying this).

Although I do like one of your other previous points, that social intelligence is often nurtured by your looks. If you're good looking, especially from a young age, you will usually have developed sufficient social skills. I bet there will come a day that Xander overcomes this social ineptness, whereas without looks he probably wouldn't.

But yeah there are definitely exceptions to this.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
And this doesn't explain why there are many good-looking guys who are socially autistic.

Well autism is definitely one of the exceptions. Doesn't matter how good looking you are it won't help your autism.

It's obvious that traits like extraversion/introversion are mostly genetic.

Kids are rarely different from both their parents when it comes to their core personality.

Of course experience is valuable, but will never turn an introvert into an extrovert for example. All introverts have tried.

Yes but it's a mistake to think that introversion has much to do with social intelligence. Introverts will likely have less experience and usually take a longer time to develop but I know very socially intelligent introverts as well as very socially inept extroverts. There probably is some correlation but I don't think it's nearly as large as the average person thinks. I've often felt I'm a good example of this, introverted and socially retarded but I overcame it eventually, now I'm just introverted.

While I know ugly people who are socially intelligent, I don't know many good looking people who are socially retarded to the point that it would affect them with women. Again, I know they exist, but I think it's quite rare.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this, I know ugly people who have stellar social skills, but unfortunately for them, even if they always say everything in the right tone, at the right moment, make people almost piss themselves laughing, it won't help for certain social activities.

They still won't be invited to go to the club (and if they are it's to make fun of them), girls will still reject them, and any time they're not "perfect" socially, the backlash is f*****g brutal.

Sometimes one of these guys is going to try to be edgy or to get mad at something, and it never ends well. They can't do that. Like when a short guy tries to stand up for himself: "Haha Napoleon complex! Manlet rage!"

My point was that these guys still managed to develop excellent social skills despite being ugly.

And this doesn't explain why there are many good-looking guys who are socially autistic.

It all depends where we stand on the personality spectrum.

Kids are rarely different from both their parents when it comes to their core personality.

Of course experience is valuable, but will never turn an introvert into an extrovert for example. All introverts have tried.
Dunno whats wrong with me I was always extroverted as a kid. Then as a young adult realised that being extrovert takes too much energy and focused on myself instead and didnt give a sh*t about what other people thought.

My case is vastly different than Baldhurts though he was getting attention from women and free tinder dates. Whereas a woman has never expressed interest in me.

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dunno whats wrong with me I was always extroverted as a kid. Then as a young adult realised that being extrovert takes too much energy and focused on myself instead and didnt give a sh*t about what other people thought.

My case is vastly different than Baldhurts though he was getting attention from women and free tinder dates. Whereas a woman has never expressed interest in me.

Even if a woman HAD expressed any interest towards you, I doubt you would have noticed it.

OzsEkD4mQHQDm.gif

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
And now that I can't wear a hat and long sleeve shirts people laugh at me in public.

Why cant you wear long sleeve shirts??

Devop911

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm my girl accept me who I am and she says she doesn't mind. But since I suffer balding in the last 2 year getting a NW5 (now decided to work against it) she doesn't even saw my head. I wear a beanie if we go to bed, even if we f*** i wear a hat. This topic struggles so hard on my mind, I guess if I wouldnt have a girl yet i, couldnt efford the self-confidene and strength to build up a relation ship....

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
It's hot as f*** here already. Try to imagine how I look compared to the average Italian. Short, pale, frail, bald. Utterly disgusting and pathetic.

You don't have a fan/AC at the workplace?

Have you tried wearing lifts?

Baldingat188

Reaction score
LOL yes, of course, but I don't spend my life at my workplace, you know. Considering there's no AC in public transports. Taking buses with teens/young people is absolute hell. It makes me feel even worse, a half-deformed, rotting corpse.

Could you wear a cap or baseball hat? Or is that not common in Italy ?

In the Us that would fit in and they are good in warm weather

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's plenty of research showing that autism can be modulated and adjusted with diligent intervention. Keep in mind that autism is now classified as a spectrum. I don't know if that's scientifically correct, but if it is then that means that we're all autistic to some degree.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm afraid low self-awareness and social intelligence are often largely genetic.

I know I've been hammering that looks are almost everything, but if they're not accompanied by some social intelligence, you get cases like @Xander94 and Baldhurts (RIP).

I had a discussion with my girlfriend about this, she says that guys who just have no social intuition are very common and that it's a big problem for girls... Especially when they're hot ;).

They're like "come on, I thought I had hit the jackpot!" and then the guy has the IQ of an oyster, he interrupts her all the time, has no sense of timing, jumps on her for a kiss (which she'll often accept, let's not kid ourselves here), starts texting her a hundred times a day after the date, etc.

Unless the girl is as dumb and socially oblivious as they are, educated girls will avoid guys like these for a long-term relationship. Of course you have exceptions and some girls will just be like "but he hot!" and make them their official boyfriend. If they do so, they'll undoubtedly be mocked by their friends and family, and the jealousy for the guy's looks won't help.

All this to say that looks often won't cut it, social intuition and intelligence shouldn't be overlooked (damn I'm actually saying this).

As @David_MPN said before, everything matters to a degree.

I'm not sure about this, I know ugly people who have stellar social skills, but unfortunately for them, even if they always say everything in the right tone, at the right moment, make people almost piss themselves laughing, it won't help for certain social activities.

They still won't be invited to go to the club (and if they are it's to make fun of them), girls will still reject them, and any time they're not "perfect" socially, the backlash is f*****g brutal.

Sometimes one of these guys is going to try to be edgy or to get mad at something, and it never ends well. They can't do that. Like when a short guy tries to stand up for himself: "Haha Napoleon complex! Manlet rage!"

My point was that these guys still managed to develop excellent social skills despite being ugly.

It all depends where we stand on the personality spectrum.

I think what ugly guys with good social skills can do is more competently seek out that smaller fraction of women who will be into them, and be more self-aware of what their "league" is. If an ugly man is going after 5'10 athletic blondes with great jokes then he's not an ugly guy with good social skills, he's an ugly guy with bad social skills as he lacks self-awareness. Once you see a guy crashing and burning it's a very good indicator that his social skills are bad in my opinion.

I have behaved like an idiot with women in the past. Nevertheless, I am amazed at the stories I get from women. There are men who behave worse in their 30s than I did as an 18 year-old, for example they talk about marriage after the second or third date. Men who send dozens to hundreds of texts early on begging for more attention, what is the f*****g point? I kind of get it, I've been obsessed too, but even when I knew less than now, when I was effectively socially retarded, and when I didn't have access to forums like this one, I did not send a zillion uninterrupted texts. Perhaps I wasn't that retarded and I'm simply unaware of the bottomless well of dimness of the general male population.

Men apparently open on okcupid and plentyoffish with talk of sex, it's their first post. Women, even average women, apparently get several "hey wanna bone?!" messages per day, dick picks, etc. I can't see that being a good idea, but it's the norm. Women also get hateful invective if they don't reply to a message, or if they reply to a message by saying no. That may be why those two sites have been depopulated. Tinder, Bumble, and I think "coffee meets bagel" have women allow a man to message them.

I think good social skills likely help with women, I'm not sure to what extent. What is true though is that it will help one lead a better life. Self-awareness, receptiveness, not being a contrarian, good listening skills, empathy, and as you bring up good timing, et cetera are valuable to have even if women are sexually indifferent to them. You will build better bonds with more people, more meaningful connections.

A good analogy might be money. I don't see women being turned on if a guy makes $80,000/year rather than $40,000/year. But that difference is actually very meaningful, it means you can have an annual vacation together, that you can eat healthier meals, et cetera.

With respect to this forum, I think a lot of guys understate the importance of social skills as a cope. If they recognize that it's important, then they have to put more effort into yet another dimension, one which may be difficult to make progress on. They have to recognize that some of their failures might be their own fault. It is easy to blame looks, in many cases looks really are to blame, but on this forum we're aware of at least two good looking men who have substantially less relationship experience than they should, and are incorrectly blaming this on their looks.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
An addition annoying online behaviour of many men, which I neglected to mention in my prior post, is "catfishing", a new term for me.

A catfish is someone who pretends to be someone they're not using Facebook or other social media to create false identities, particularly to pursue deceptive online romances.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=catfish

A lot of men claim to be someone they're not in online. They might use ancient photos, I've heard of photos used being ten or even thirty years old. A woman told me a couple years back that she showed up on a date and saw a man who could be her father and she left within a few minutes. They post pictures of themselves where they look thinner, younger, or have more hair. They lie about their heights.

I've also heard that "they claim to be someone they're not", which is more generic, I don't know if that also only referred to looks in spite of being more generic sounding.

It's a good example of large swaths of men lacking social skills, given that so many women have this story to share it must be a lot of men doing this. What are they expecting? To get away with it? It takes self-awareness to know which battles to pick. We all try and put our best foot forward, but it's foolish to post an ancient pic, you're not going to get away with it. You're not going to convert the opportunity of a first date and overcome her frustration at being misled with your great humour.

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
This happened to me. When I first met my then girlfriend she was all over me, you could almost say obsessed with me.

I definitely had the upper hand in the relationship, her friends would ask me questions like when will I ask Her to marry me,and say things like she is soo in love with you.

At that stage my hair was looking pretty good nice and full..

Then after a stint on Roactane ( cystic acne hit me hard at age 20) My hair started to thin a bit at the crown, and recede enough for a few people to comment on.

Looking back I was balding pretty fast.I knew it but was trying to hide it from her as best as I could with a carefully placed comb over.i was 23.

Anyway we were going great,good sex life,good communication etc.

Then one day totally out of the blue she says I need to talk to you outside..

I still at this point had no idea. She said she wanted to break up after about 2.5 years of dating. I was shattered as it took me by surprise.

I asked for a reason and she never really gave me a reason just said "she doesn't feel the same anymore".

I had nothing to lose at this stage and said has anything changed with my appearance that you don't like.She got angry but wouldn't look me in the eyes. Said no way your a fool for thinking that.

When I walked away I knew hairloss

was the culprit of my break up..

I went into a downward spiral after that but I went and ordered minoxidil and had a fantastic result and grew all my hair back.

Then I ran into my ex and would you believe she wanted me back when she saw my hair.

Said I look great now"

This is prior to propecia and after about 18 months the minoxidil wore off my hair started to look crap again. She then broke up with me again. For good this time.

All her previous boyfriends had good hair and the guy she married is a Norwood 0.

So I have definitely been dumped for hairloss even though she wouldn't admit it.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
An addition annoying online behaviour of many men, which I neglected to mention in my prior post, is "catfishing", a new term for me.

A catfish is someone who pretends to be someone they're not using Facebook or other social media to create false identities, particularly to pursue deceptive online romances.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=catfish

A lot of men claim to be someone they're not in online. They might use ancient photos, I've heard of photos used being ten or even thirty years old. A woman told me a couple years back that she showed up on a date and saw a man who could be her father and she left within a few minutes. They post pictures of themselves where they look thinner, younger, or have more hair. They lie about their heights.

I've also heard that "they claim to be someone they're not", which is more generic, I don't know if that also only referred to looks in spite of being more generic sounding.

It's a good example of large swaths of men lacking social skills, given that so many women have this story to share it must be a lot of men doing this. What are they expecting? To get away with it? It takes self-awareness to know which battles to pick. We all try and put our best foot forward, but it's foolish to post an ancient pic, you're not going to get away with it. You're not going to convert the opportunity of a first date and overcome her frustration at being misled with your great humour.

The first girl I ever met up with, she was from a dating website called tagged, had about 5 photo's up and looked average looking but slightly overweight.

When she got in the car I honestly thought for a second that it was someone else completely from the photo's. Then I realized she just must have used photo's from when she was younger and skinnier. She was honestly sick looking and really fat.

It was so awkward, she knew that she had tricked me, she knew she was a disappointment, I really just couldn't understand why she would do this. I was inexperienced as f*** but I was nice and brought her to eddie rockets, got the food and dropped her home. I could feel she knew the whole time that I had no intentions of going any further. So awkward.

It just doesn't make any sense to me. What's the point? I'm going to find out anyway, may as well be honest.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
With respect to this forum, I think a lot of guys understate the importance of social skills as a cope. If they recognize that it's important, then they have to put more effort into yet another dimension, one which may be difficult to make progress on. They have to recognize that some of their failures might be their own fault. It is easy to blame looks, in many cases looks really are to blame, but on this forum we're aware of at least two good looking men who have substantially less relationship experience than they should, and are incorrectly blaming this on their looks.
I keep thinking about this and that I need to improve. But this first step of actually TALKING to the opposite sex is very difficult for me. I basicly havent done it at all.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, as an ugly, bald guy with decent social skills, I can tell you it's utterly useless. A 4/10 fullhead I know, with excellent social skills, is considered nothing more than an interesting idiot who can make you laugh. He's intelligent and cultured, and people (especially women) don't give a f***. He's never had a woman, and they humiliate him for it at his back. I remember, during a party, a sl*t pretended to be interested in what he was saying, just to laugh at him with her friends later. It was as depressing as it was disgusting, but from a woman I could have not expected anything different. He's naive and blue-pilled, though, always happy and smiling. I hope, for his sake, that it doesn't change. This world and people love to crush unlucky people's hopes and souls.

DANTE!!!!!!

resu

Reaction score
No, as an ugly, bald guy with decent social skills, I can tell you it's utterly useless. A 4/10 fullhead I know, with excellent social skills, is considered nothing more than an interesting idiot who can make you laugh. He's intelligent and cultured, and people (especially women) don't give a f***. He's never had a woman, and they humiliate him for it at his back. I remember, during a party, a sl*t pretended to be interested in what he was saying, just to laugh at him with her friends later. It was as depressing as it was disgusting, but from a woman I could have not expected anything different. He's naive and blue-pilled, though, always happy and smiling. I hope, for his sake, that it doesn't change. This world and people love to crush unlucky people's hopes and souls.

That's why being confident is pointless, other people won't allow it and will notice it then they will proceed to put them in their place. While it's easier for women to get away with it, other women will get triggered and the same will happen sooner or later.