do women even like buzzcuts?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
. What Im saying is if you or I referred to HER as the chubby girl there would be a HUGE human resources meeting about insensitivity, and the word chubby would be all over the web as the next bull schit b list star bandwagon "stop saying chubby" anti bullying campaign.

Yeah, I don't like this.

How about "obese"? That's a medical term with a precise definition in terms of BMI.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
You didn't mind, would she?

Good point. She probably would mind, nobody wants to be called fat or "big", unless they have some kind of fetish for fatness. Just like the vast majority wouldn't like to be referred to as "the bald guy (or girl)". The person who said it probably didn't think they were saying something rude though, and just said it like a description, like Danny said. But like I said before, people should think about what they say more as stuff like that can really hurt the person it's about.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Danny dont think, "IM" offended by her calling him "the bald guy", this isnt where Im going and Im trying to explain that. What Im saying is if you or I referred to HER as the chubby girl there would be a HUGE human resources meeting about insensitivity, and the word chubby would be all over the web as the next bull schit b list star bandwagon "stop saying chubby" anti bullying campaign.
Where Im going is if that bald guy threw a crap fit he would prob be penalized for violence in the work place or being overly sensitive. Even IF the job (like where I work where my CEO is bald) sided with him, EVERYONE at work would then now avoid him because of his offensable personality.
Im saying if everyone else can pull this BS card than bald guys should to, its there to use and I would. Now I would probably be looked at wierd since I dont immediately come off bald anymore (unless seeing my crown under ANY light!).

You may not care about being bald but this forum shows A LOT of guys do. Hell sly bald guys shows a lot of guys do because their cutting it all off to avoid looking "bald".

Men care, women care, and men care women care.

Hoenstly I dont think HALF or 1/3 the people who scream bullying and offense at situations are really offended more than just looking for some strange powerhold they get for the 5 minutes the other person is being reprimanded but Ive said before, if more guys started coming out about hating being bald openly instead of just accpeting it then I think more treatments would come out. Treatments are there when demand is there (capitalism). The more guys try to be macho and go "Ill shave it off BRAH!" the less appealing spending millions on possible treatments becomes because the profits dont seem there. Right now we have 3 awful possibilities.
minoxidil which is cheap and most companies prob dont want to compete with something already on the market so cheap
finasteride which most companies would prob view as the actual competition, but would NEVER get true numbers since most guys wont admit to using it and others are terrified by sides
hair transplant which is the last resort for what appears to be the MOST deperate.

More men need to openly start saying "we need to step up the game on a real treatment"

Dude i get your point because like i said before bald and fat are seen in different ways to most, i get it, but lets not try and change the topic here and go onto other stuff, end of the day she never meant it in a horrible way, even me as a fellow bald guy can see that, and it should be "my type" who should be so called "offended". Eventhe guy who was describing to me about the other volunteer i work with he was just describing, how others want to see it or react to it is up to them. And about the slybaldguy comment,how shaving themselves to the lowest you can go bald wise is "avoiding" i never know. I am sly now, because i dislike the hair when its grown out (its ok to a point though) not trying to avoid being bald though, for obvious reasons.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
but by todays standards it still comes out as a dig. Its basically agree to disagree. While you or ten people may not think its a big deal , I and 10 others do. If calling someone fat is wrong, so is calling them bald.
to me shaving to skin is basically trying to hide any formation of the horse shoe, so its hiding baldness. Its like fooling others by trying to fool yourself.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
but by todays standards it still comes out as a dig. Its basically agree to disagree. While you or ten people may not think its a big deal , I and 10 others do. If calling someone fat is wrong, so is calling them bald.
to me shaving to skin is basically trying to hide any formation of the horse shoe, so its hiding baldness. Its like fooling others by trying to fool yourself.

But you can still see the shadow on the sides, unless you are blonde i guess, but are you saying people like me are trying to hide the fact we are balding, by using a bald look? surely hiding is using a comb over?, and the bald and fat thing like i keep saying its how you look at it, its really that simple, i see no harm unless they are being dicks about it for an example.

marco75

Established Member
Reaction score
To be honest I like to joke about my baldness at work, say things like "I wasn't bald before this project" to show you dgaf

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
To be honest I like to joke about my baldness at work, say things like "I wasn't bald before this project" to show you dgaf

I joke about it aswell.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
But you can still see the shadow on the sides, unless you are blonde i guess, but are you saying people like me are trying to hide the fact we are balding, by using a bald look? surely hiding is using a comb over?, and the bald and fat thing like i keep saying its how you look at it, its really that simple, i see no harm unless they are being dicks about it for an example.

perhaps not you, but you are not everyone just as I cant speak for everyone. I personally think more than half those slybald guys are basically trying to shame shave baldness away.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
perhaps not you, but you are not everyone just as I cant speak for everyone. I personally think more than half those slybald guys are basically trying to shame shave baldness away.

Indeed, they admit it themselves though. I have seen them say things like a thin buzz made them look older and weaker. That a clean shave made them look younger, smarter, unafraid. I am not going to say it doesn't work for some of those guys - they look clean and presentable.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score

Obviously im not everyone and never claimed to be, but im sure im not the only one who thinks this way and vice versa, hell your response goes with most questions asked here. Sure people might do what you say, but in all honestly it dont really make sense since you still giving yourself the bald look, but each to their own.

- - - Updated - - -

If they truly don't care about their baldness, why do they insist on shaving it all off?

I've often seen them shame guys who refuse to shave their horseshoe, or who just buzz it.

I cant speak for everyone, but if they are like me they shave because, 1. you might aswell since you pretty much bald and 2. cause it looks horrible, its not about being bald for me, its about how the hair looks, i let it grow out at times, but it just looks neater and cleaner shaved, if i trully disliked being bald i wouldnt shave to look even balder but thats me.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
There may be millions of people who don't seem to care about baldness.
Out of all the countless bobbing heads I can't name/identify one single bald(ing) individual who is totally indifferent to their own baldness.
Any bald(ing) guy that shaves his head is sending out an overt signal that reads he's uncomfortable by it.
Whether he's conscious of it or not, his message is clear.
Of course not every bald(ing)person will admit this openly
or will yield or submit to baldness' generally demoralizing force.
On the same token not every bald person chooses to shave his head.
These guys intrigue me most.
Their decision too we learn is not necessarily a surefire indication of one's level of acceptance
nor is it the mark of defeat.
Why do I find their approach more admirable and stoic?
I mean I may even envy these fellows. In a quiet way( not necessarily unassumingly) they are throwing up the middle finger to baldness like a hippy who indiscriminately throws up "the peace sign".
I shave my head for a couple reasons. Mostly I believe it helps my bald severity stand out less.
To this day this measure still doesn't sit very well for me and has become something of a laughable self-contradiction.
A bit of oxymoronic camouflage you might say.
We all have our own different strategic styles and pov's of how we try to manage our hair loss.
We can compare and try to understand why some adaptive devices/techniques work for some just might not work as well for others.
In the end the facts don't lie. Hair loss effects us all.
No matter how we look at it or bravely deal with it (or don't) it demands our attention.
If I am to sum it up, it's really simple.
Buzzing what's left of my locks has helped me feel a little better.
It will never improve my looks.
Growing my hair out only and always makes me feel and look much worse.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
There may be millions of people who don't seem to care about baldness.
Out of all the countless bobbing heads I can't name/identify one single bald(ing) individual who is totally indifferent to their own baldness.
Any bald(ing) guy that shaves his head is sending out an overt signal that reads he's uncomfortable by it.
Whether he's conscious of it or not, his message is clear.
Of course not every bald(ing)person will admit this openly
or will yield or submit to baldness' generally demoralizing force.
On the same token not every bald person chooses to shave his head.
These guys intrigue me most.
Their decision too we learn is not necessarily a surefire indication of one's level of acceptance
nor is it the mark of defeat.
Why do I find their approach more admirable and stoic?
I mean I may even envy these fellows. In a quiet way( not necessarily unassumingly) they are throwing up the middle finger to baldness like a hippy who indiscriminately throws up "the peace sign".
I shave my head for a couple reasons. Mostly I believe it helps my bald severity stand out less.
To this day this measure still doesn't sit very well for me and has become something of a laughable self-contradiction.
A bit of oxymoronic camouflage you might say.
We all have our own different strategic styles and pov's of how we try to manage our hair loss.
We can compare and try to understand why some adaptive devices/techniques work for some just might not work as well for others.
In the end the facts don't lie. Hair loss effects us all.
No matter how we look at it or bravely deal with it (or don't) it demands our attention.
If I am to sum it up, it's really simple.
Buzzing what's left of my locks has helped me feel a little better.
It will never improve my looks.
Growing my hair out only and always makes me feel and look much worse.

All i get from this is i cant "win" i shave its because i subconciously sending out a signal i hate it, if i let it grow out im sure i be called a delusional sad person or something. Im bald, like it or not, end off.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Dear friend you paraphrase my post so beautifully.
You are right. Baldness in a broad sense will always win. We can agree on this unequivocally. Dealing with problems in general is mostly about tolerance. We are defined in character in many ways by the level or threshold of our own endurance while under the gun of adversity.
Some of us are simply better at adapting to change or more pragmatic at adopting different modes of effective coping forms/measures.
Like sizing your shoes, one coping strategy can not possibly fit us all.

I do disagree when you suggests there is something to like about our bald state.
Maybe for you this is how you prefer to mentally combat it.
I agree we ought to strive to better accept our reality for the sake of our overall wellbeing and personal/social/economical growth.
That's all I get from your post.., quite a lot actually. (-:

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of us are simply better at adapting to change or more pragmatic at adopting different modes of effective coping forms/measures.
Like sizing your shoes, one coping strategy can not possibly fit us all.

It depends on how you look bald. Maybe Danny is a super hot guy bald and doesnt care. Other of us look like dicks with eyes. I prefer to have hair and cant accept having to shave. Equivocally there will always be a majority of men who would RATHER have hair than be bald.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I think you're right Swing.., that and Danny must be one super, sexy ,hot, bald guy.

Oh yes (LOL) and I agree that a majority of big looking dicks like myself definitely wish we had great bangs to cover the hideous gaps that look like a weird pair of phallic eyes.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Im not hot lol, like i said before my headshape could be better, not the biggest fan but it is what it is, even if i "look like a dick with eyes" there is nothing i can do about it, it feels pointless to worry, in my eyes anyway, when you have worried many times over things in the past, and it sometimes happens now like i have, you just have and had enough, its pointless however you look at it to worry, life is for living so just god damn live it.

And what i meant by "winning" Walker is that if people look at me and think of what i said, then i cant "win", i cant win regardless since when i had hair i was dissed, but my point is people are gonna think whatever if you like it or not, no matter what you do, and like i said im bald like it or not, (as in there them liking it or not), tough **** is how i see it.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im not hot lol, like i said before my headshape could be better, not the biggest fan but it is what it is, even if i "look like a dick with eyes" there is nothing i can do about it, it feels pointless to worry, in my eyes anyway, when you have worried many times over things in the past, and it sometimes happens now like i have, you just have and had enough, its pointless however you look at it to worry, life is for living so just god damn live it.

And what i meant by "winning" Walker is that if people look at me and think of what i said, then i cant "win", i cant win regardless since when i had hair i was dissed, but my point is people are gonna think whatever if you like it or not, no matter what you do, and like i said im bald like it or not, (as in there them liking it or not), tough **** is how i see it.

could you get a hair transplant, would you?
Have you tried treatments?
Im not being condescending as I dont know and am just asking.

In the end the way you sound is more defeated than accepting, but this is the web and there are no tones when reading. We all read things in a harsh Russian accent so it sounds like the worst possible thing ever.
So its not that you really dont care youre bald, cause you WOULD take hair if given the option.
I agree, live life, as in get out and about. Get a job, an education, stay healthy, join a gym, get hobbies, etc etc. But you cant discount its a LOT more fun doing those things looking the best you can while getting attention from the opposite sex..
And I still think it was rude for the girl to call him the "bald guy" lol, not dropping that, but yes it is what it is. Thats a situation we will never know the end of because the "bald guy" didnt hear her and no one called her "the fat girl"

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I wouldnt get a hair transplant, and i havent tried treatments, unless you count a shampoo for dandruff since i thought it was my dandruff doing it, i was young lol and this is when i worried, and i honestly dont know what to say anymore so if i sound "defeated" then so be it lol, the reason i worried in the first place cause i thought i be bullied which says alot lol since i was still at school when i started, they would of ripped me to shreds. If i disliked bald in anyway you lot would know, i have accepted it, if you who ever dont believe it then so be it i guess *shrugs*.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
When there are no solutions then we are pretty much left with two opposing choices. Try to live with hair loss it or give up altogether. Fortunately the margin in between these extremes is wide enough between the two so as to allow for some of us to still find a happier medium. Worrying never produces positive change.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
When there are no solutions then we are pretty much left with two opposing choices. Try to live with hair loss it or give up altogether. Fortunately the margin in between these extremes is wide enough between the two so as to allow for some of us to still find a happier medium. Worrying never produces positive change.

I dont worry, but do get angry. Angry is my main issue about it. I tend to then direct my anger which is not healthy. You can only direct so much at the gym. You can only hold off pessimism so far before you turn nasty and cynical to everything around you.