Did I Go Below The Belt Or Was It Justified?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Last night I was at a party. In my somewhat buzzed state I was kind of wandering around with my balls out (not literally but you get the point) as my buddy that I came with was with some girl. As I walked about this group of two girls (both cute) one of that said to me "Hey I like your hoodie" about this band's hoodie I was wearing. So of course I said "Thank you" and we started to talk a bit. I could tell that the one friend was trying to set up her friend and I (both being flirty with me, etc).

We were probably talking for about 5ish minutes (I smoked a little weed too so it might have been shorter) then this kind of jocky guy came up to us. The guy had a pretty athletic built and solid facial features, but was like a Norwood 3 with a shaved head. When he came up he made a comment about me "Why would you girls be talking to this guy that looks like a reject emo One Direction member?" (I wear my hair like old Justin Bieber but waaayyy tighter on the sides to hide my little recession I got going on). I quickly shot back with (which still I don't know how I can usually never think on my feet) "Don't be jealous that I still have a hairline" and pointed at his shaved head. I heard the girls kind of giggle and the guy looked pissed, I thought I was about to get the living sh*t knocked out of me. I could tell I must have caught him off guard because he responded with something stupid "Hey at least my hair looks good on me" which I wanted to responded with "What hair?" but I know that would have set me to an early grave. The girls and I carried on our convo and he tried to add in sh*t but the girls just shut him down until he walked away. I ended up with the one girl's number and am supposed to be getting coffee with her this week.

So guys, did I go below the belt making fun of that guy's hair loss? I normally never like to be that guy to do so, but seeing as he was trying to belittle me I thought it was justified....

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if a big douche interupted a converstaion I was having with a girl by making fun of me in some way, out of the blue like that, he would have it coming to him.
When a loser says something like that... "why are you talking to this guy"... that means he's a jealous little f*** head. No matter how big he is.
Good on you, shutting him up like that.
Even though push could of came to shove...

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
If Michel doesn't comment on your Hair Loss Talk post with off topic questions about Finasteride and/or minoxidil, is it even really a Hair Loss Talk post?

And yes Michel I am. I like generic minoxidil foam the best. I'm going to use up this 3 month supply I have to see if it even does anything for me (I would have been on minoxidil for around 6ish months by then). I just apply it to my temples, forelock, and a little on my crown (although I may not even need it on my crown).

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If Michel doesn't comment on your Hair Loss Talk post with off topic questions about Finasteride and/or minoxidil, is it even really a Hair Loss Talk post?

And yes Michel I am. I like generic minoxidil foam the best. I'm going to use up this 3 month supply I have to see if it even does anything for me (I would have been on minoxidil for around 6ish months by then). I just apply it to my temples, forelock, and a little on my crown (although I may not even need it on my crown).

From some of his posts I have seen, it's seems like it's not working for him. But he still feels he needs to find out if it's working for everyone else.
If minoxidil ain't working for you, drop it.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
From some of his posts I have seen, it's seems like it's not working for him. But he still feels he needs to find out if it's working for everyone else.
If minoxidil ain't working for you, drop it.

Honestly I just want him to post before and after pictures. A lot of people THINK that their hair got worse when it reality it is the same if not better.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i have taken a video of my hair yesterday and i am definitely worse , but again, i don't blame the med , but my damn genetic . And i really don't wan't to post my face on forum .
but you are not afraid of minoxidil dependant hair ? if you aply it on your healthy crown.
For me propecia is really safe , but doesnt work for everyone. But minoxidil is tricky

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
but dave if i was you i wouldnt bother with minoxidil, you have caught your hairloss in perfect time . Because you don't even have a single recession , just a little bit of BDD. But again with fina you ease your mind and stay safe .

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
but the worst thing is that i started propecia with a perfect crown and mid scalp and now i am diffusing here , with dht itch. Sorry for the off topic but male pattern baldness is really really ruining my youth.
And for the topic , the guys deserves it , al the balding men should help them instead of trying to put you down .

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
So guys, did I go below the belt making fun of that guy's hair loss? I normally never like to be that guy to do so, but seeing as he was trying to belittle me I thought it was justified....

You shouldn't have gone there.

See, it's not about that guy. Screw him. It's about whether it's socially acceptable to make fun of hair loss. You just made it a little bit more socially acceptable to mock balding men. You, a man, just posited to your social group that hairloss is a big negative.

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
He'll remember that moment for the rest of his life.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new member join hairlosstalk.com and post that story.

You were justified in this particular case because he started it, the depressing thing is that even if you were just a bully you would still have been able to make everyone laugh at him.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
You won because you had hair here.

I can only imagine a guy coming between me and two girls and dropping:

"Why are you talking to this bald loser?!"

No witty comeback possible with that.

I'd have to apologize and go home.

When you're bald, you're living in constant fear that people might remind you of your place.

You reminded that balding guy of his place.

Once you're bald, you can't be a douchebag anymore.

And you certainly can't steal girls from a fullhead.

Couldn't agree more. No comeback from being mocked about being bald, it's over, you've lost. Mocking someone for their hair loss is the lowest possible blow you could imagine, and nothing they say will win the argument. You could take any argument and come up with any possible crap to throw at the other person but if they say "at least I'm not bald" - they've automatically won. Even if they don't say it they've won, it's enough that they know they're above you and that you're just a bald loser anyway.

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score
You won because you had hair here.

I can only imagine a guy coming between me and two girls and dropping:

"Why are you talking to this bald loser?!"

No witty comeback possible with that.

I'd have to apologize and go home.

When you're bald, you're living in constant fear that people might remind you of your place.

You reminded that balding guy of his place.

Once you're bald, you can't be a douchebag anymore.

And you certainly can't steal girls from a fullhead.
Hey guys,

Last night I was at a party. In my somewhat buzzed state I was kind of wandering around with my balls out (not literally but you get the point) as my buddy that I came with was with some girl. As I walked about this group of two girls (both cute) one of that said to me "Hey I like your hoodie" about this band's hoodie I was wearing. So of course I said "Thank you" and we started to talk a bit. I could tell that the one friend was trying to set up her friend and I (both being flirty with me, etc).

We were probably talking for about 5ish minutes (I smoked a little weed too so it might have been shorter) then this kind of jocky guy came up to us. The guy had a pretty athletic built and solid facial features, but was like a Norwood 3 with a shaved head. When he came up he made a comment about me "Why would you girls be talking to this guy that looks like a reject emo One Direction member?" (I wear my hair like old Justin Bieber but waaayyy tighter on the sides to hide my little recession I got going on). I quickly shot back with (which still I don't know how I can usually never think on my feet) "Don't be jealous that I still have a hairline" and pointed at his shaved head. I heard the girls kind of giggle and the guy looked pissed, I thought I was about to get the living sh*t knocked out of me. I could tell I must have caught him off guard because he responded with something stupid "Hey at least my hair looks good on me" which I wanted to responded with "What hair?" but I know that would have set me to an early grave. The girls and I carried on our convo and he tried to add in sh*t but the girls just shut him down until he walked away. I ended up with the one girl's number and am supposed to be getting coffee with her this week.

I think you definitely did go below the belt a little bit but it was definitely warranted when he came up to you and insulted you. Next time just laugh it off and go on with the conversation or say something along the lines of "you know you're jealous of this hair" instead of pointing out his baldness because that's definitely not cool.

blackg

Reaction score
Totally justified! Don't feel bad. HE (the sh*t stirrer) brought hair into the equation by having a dig at you and obviously trying to belittle you in front of female company.
A usual tactic employed by wannabe "men" who lack class and character.

He fired the first juvenile shot, and you let his *** have it with his own amo!
f*** HIM!

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mocking someone for their hair loss is the lowest possible blow you could imagine, and nothing they say will win the argument. .

you could simply say, "no sh*t I am bald, and you make fun of people based on their physical appearance. are you f*****g 12??" and if you were around intelligent people, you would have won that argument.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
well the guy was obviously being a douche but still. he was more insulting your fashion sense and you were insulting his genetics... slightly different.

I am kind of a pussy , so I probably wouldn't have said anything back lol. but if you want to be an alpha male or something , I can see why you would need to insult back

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score

Justified. The dude was trying to c*** block and got what he deserved.