Did I Go Below The Belt Or Was It Justified?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think he was being a douchebag. He had it coming.

But I am not happy to understand once again that when you are balding you are so evidently considered inferior that he did not even try to retort.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think he was being a douchebag. He had it coming.

But I am not happy to understand once again that when you are balding you are so evidently considered inferior that he did not even try to retort.

It could be that--or it could be when you 'punch a bully in the face' they usually back down...he sounds like he thought he was going to intimidate him--he didn't..he took a verbal shot--he got a more damaging verbal shot back--and he was done.

I dont think this behavior is right period--but i am glad DaveS stood up for himself.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jock. At a hipster party. Out of his element. Stupidly tried to put another guy down. It was never going to work because these people are artists or hipsters and don't respond to that caveman sh*t. He just made himself look stupid.
It was unnecessary to hit back at all, let alone so hard. And I doubt the haircut is to hide anything, he said he minimal recession.
Just unnecessary.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jock. At a hipster party. Out of his element. Stupidly tried to put another guy down. It was never going to work because these people are artists or hipsters and don't respond to that caveman sh*t. He just made himself look stupid.
It was unnecessary to hit back at all, let alone so hard. And I doubt the haircut is to hide anything, he said he minimal recession.
Just unnecessary.

Your logic makes no sense..I have been called hipster over the years..because i am an artist and i work in creative field..and where i live, how i look...so i dont understand what you are talking about that 'hipster' women would not be turned off by a stranger being intimidated by a jock? women are women..I would not want the jock but i probably would not want the guy intimidated by him either. thats the truth.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
He wasn't being intimidating or trying to scare him. It's not like his options were to cower in the foetal position or Go for the low blow, a third option would be to just let him make a fool of himself in front of the hipster girls who have no interest in the jock guy, just let him sink his own ship and let the girls ignore him.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
He wasn't being intimidating or trying to scare him. It's not like his options were to cower in the foetal position or Go for the low blow, a third option would be to just let him make a fool of himself in front of the hipster girls who have no interest in the jock guy, just let him sink his own ship and let the girls ignore him.

i did not say they would have interest in the jock..-im saying they may have been turned off for him not standing up for himself...they only spoke to him for 5 minutes before the jock came up.The OP said he thought he was going to get his *** kicked..The guy called OP a 'reject' from a boy band.>The OP said he styled his hair this way because of hair line.

your talking about hipster women as if they are cast in a film and you know 'exactly' what would turn them off or not..they are still women with vaginas. Hipster, bohemian, punk, sudo intellectuals, suburban girls--its not really very different what can be a turn off after meeting someone for just five minutes.
And not standing up for your self is a turn off when you first meet a man.

g.i joey

Reaction score
100% had it coming, he could've went 100 other ways with it to insult you, instead he goes with a hair style shot when he's notixeably balding, lol what a clown... I bet he's still feeling the hit today haha

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Depends, if a girl is fat, flat chested or both you might have a comeback.

Could be difficult for you though. If you sh*t on one girl for being fat all the other fat girls nearby will hate you.

Well, those things hurt too of course but they are changeable. Fat? Lose weight. Flat chested? Breast implants. Bald? Nothing you do (wig, treatments, transplant) will change the fact that you're a bald loser, and besides you're just being vain for trying to do something about your problem. After all, it's just hair! (until it happens to them, then it's the end of the world).

EvilLocks

Reaction score
you could simply say, "no sh*t I am bald, and you make fun of people based on their physical appearance. are you f*****g 12??" and if you were around intelligent people, you would have won that argument.

Too bad most people nowadays are not very intellegent. You could be the wittiest, kindest, smartest motherf-cker but if you're bald, people will still automatically think they're above you.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Totally justified. He comes out of nowhere, unprovoked, and attacks your appearance - I assume the One Direction/emo jibe was directed at your hairstyle as well. Hopefully this will teach him not insult people's appearance in future.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, lots of turnoffs if you listen to women.

The truth is, if you find the man who is not standing up for himself gorgeous, you'll take it upon yourself to fight the bullies for him, and then you'll think: "Oh he's so insecure, that's so cute!"

I've seen it before. Women roll their eyes and even join the party when an unattractive guy gets bullied. When it's a handsome guy that gets attacked (often out of jealousy as Wolf pointed out) by an ugly guy, women will laugh at him and defend the attractive guy, even if he does not stand up for himself.

So again, I stick to my Fredian theory:

If a man is attractive and does not stand up for himself, it does not matter, women will remain attracted to him.

If a man is unattractive and stands up for himself, it does not matter, women will remain indifferent to/disgusted by him.

Fred i find it hard to believe if you just met a women for five minutes and a guy steps up to you tries to c*** block you and make you look foolish in front of women you are not going to say or do something if you could to knock him down a bit. If you have a clear shot to get rid of other guy who is emasculating you what your going to stand there say or do nothing?

IS it possible the man is attractive enough that this specific women would not care? possibly but that is a variable we have no idea that is happening.

to me the situation is he's being challenged by an a**h** who does not know him...called him a 'reject' and people are upset with OP for cutting the guy down in the split second he had...thats ridiculous to me.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Totally justified. He comes out of nowhere, unprovoked, and attacks your appearance - I assume the One Direction/emo jibe was directed at your hairstyle as well. Hopefully this will teach him not insult people's appearance in future.
\

AND if that guy has hair loss which he does HE KNOWS OP is styling hair as he is probably to cover his hair line...HE went for OP weak spot..so OP hit him back harder.

Its my feeling this meat head thought the guy would not 'hit' him back because he would intimidate him into submission. NOT that he had a chance with the girls does not matter he 'though' he had a chance and in the process he could have killed OP chances.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Too bad most people nowadays are not very intellegent. You could be the wittiest, kindest, smartest motherf-cker but if you're bald, people will still automatically think they're above you.

THIS.

It's hard arguing with intelligent people. But it's damn near impossible arguing with stupid people.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
if he was a jock who spends a huge amount of time in gym girls should throw theirselfs to him just when they see him it is all about confidence and getting ripped...

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
if he was a jock who spends a huge amount of time in gym girls should throw theirselfs to him just when they see him it is all about confidence and getting ripped...

GUQypJK.gif

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*****g morons still here who thinks one can compensate hair with exercises on legs or whatever (benches or how they call it)

you cannot style your legs or traps in front of mirror in the morning you see f*****g wasteland where you hair should be

mood is spoiled whenever you see your subhuman hairline

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

yeah, but really, f*** them. f*****g f*** them. the friends I hang out with would verbally and / or physically slaughter these b**ch pussies.