Decreased libido: No it's not a myth, not a lie, not an illusion and not psychogenic

tony had

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
From my side, It's been a long time, I am off to minoxidil approx 8-9 months but still I don't feel the same , I used to be.. still lack of desire!
able to perform full sex session but things are not same as used to be 1 year back... and now I started doubting, whether things will be normal or not!
My T and everything is normal. Main concern is: there is no sexual urge through out d day . I'm still trying to understand, which harmone/part/level is affected due to this poison that still it's not recovered to original stage...
Please reply if anyone has nay suggestion except that-''minoxidil is not the cause'' because m 100% sure, it's d real cause...

Hi,

Can you provide an update on your status regarding the libido side effect. I have used it for 4 months but 3 months after stopping, still no desire also.

Thanks so much !

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how in the world do you think minoxidil would make you not want sex?

tony had

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
how in the world do you think minoxidil would make you not want sex?

I dont exactly know. I do know that the mechanism of action of minoxidil is UNKNOWN. Meaning, it is not know how the drug works. Clinical trials only test on small samples of people, therefore, rare side effects are not captured. It seems like the post marketing phase IV studies to capture further safety data have not been done properly. The pharma companies are trying to sweep this under the rug so that they keep making their billions and the truth is never revealed. By the way, i am certified clinical research professional with 7 years of experience. I have worked in dermatology trials, cancer trials, diabetes trials, cholesterol trials, and many more.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
men have ED for a lot of reasons, including simply being worried about having ED. i dont know that anything is being swept under the rug, for a research professional youre making a huge leap.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
and by the way, the reason you arent getting replies to your posting in abandoned threads that are several years old is that 1. almost no one has the supposed reaction you had, 2. the ED of these guys probably disappeared soon after posting and they lost interest.

contrast that to the very large and active community of guys who talk about getting ED from finasteride.

tony had

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
men have ED for a lot of reasons, including simply being worried about having ED. i dont know that anything is being swept under the rug, for a research professional youre making a huge leap.
Its ED and loss of libido. As the hundreds of others have said (there are many other websites).....its not in my head. While i was on rogaine, i had no idea why my sex drive dissappeared and didnt know that rogaine could cause such things because it is not a disclosed side effect. I have never had this issue in my life and have always had a high libido. Nobody asked you for your opinion on this matter....you are a nobody....i work with pharma companies that are trialing new drugs every day....they try very hard to put their drug in the best light possible by influencing how the consent forms are worded...and not publishing data on failed studies but only the successful ones.

tony had

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
and by the way, the reason you arent getting replies to your posting in abandoned threads that are several years old is that 1. almost no one has the supposed reaction you had, 2. the ED of these guys probably disappeared soon after posting and they lost interest.

contrast that to the very large and active community of guys who talk about getting ED from finasteride.

Its definitely not a common side effect but that does not mean that it is not a side effect. Im not sure what you are incinuating in this post. You think that the people complaining were imagining and its all psychological? What a coincidence that people who have never had libido and ED issues in their lives suddenly develop significant ED and libido issues shortly after starting Rogaine...and without prior knowledge that rogaine can cause such things also !! Wow!! Amazing huh? I just started posting on this website yesterday for replies from the affected people...so lets allow for more than 1 day for them to respond yetti monkey. Also it is possible that the side effects resolved and they lost interest since based on the updates from these people...it takes on average 3 months to 1 year to resolve...but for some it has persisted beyond the 1 year mark.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its definitely not a common side effect but that does not mean that it is not a side effect. Im not sure what you are incinuating in this post.

look, you cant even spell "insinuating", so perhaps you may not be right all the time, mr. highly educated research professional. i was insinuating that you seem absolutely convinced that rogaine caused your ED, but you may not be right about that. and you may not be, of course. and that could be helpful to know. a high percentage of men get ED, of course some % of them will get ED at the same time as starting minoxidil, coorelation does not prove causation. but never mind, youre convinced. so, good luck with asking people questions who posted once 3 years ago, and with your penis.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont exactly know. I do know that the mechanism of action of minoxidil is UNKNOWN. Meaning, it is not know how the drug works. Clinical trials only test on small samples of people, therefore, rare side effects are not captured. It seems like the post marketing phase IV studies to capture further safety data have not been done properly. The pharma companies are trying to sweep this under the rug so that they keep making their billions and the truth is never revealed. By the way, i am certified clinical research professional with 7 years of experience. I have worked in dermatology trials, cancer trials, diabetes trials, cholesterol trials, and many more.

If you actually had experience in the industry, you wouldn't make comments so idiotic. Some people naturally get ED, you can't blame your life on side effects.

tony had

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
look, you cant even spell "insinuating", so perhaps you may not be right all the time, mr. highly educated research professional. i was insinuating that you seem absolutely convinced that rogaine caused your ED, but you may not be right about that. and you may not be, of course. and that could be helpful to know. a high percentage of men get ED, of course some % of them will get ED at the same time as starting minoxidil, coorelation does not prove causation. but never mind, youre convinced. so, good luck with asking people questions who posted once 3 years ago, and with your penis.
I was asking the person with the side effect for an update on his status...i was not asking you for your useless and dismissive rants. I would not be surprised if you worked for johnson and johnson. What does any of this have to do with spelling? These days we have spell checkers and google my friend. Do normal healthy men with no change in their lifestyle or diet suddenly loose attraction to women and cease to be horny every few days? That happens all the time right? Im sure one of the organic foods i ate was from a batch that was laden with heavy metals !! Yes that must be it !!! Wow thanks ugly monkey for all your helpful insight. Now f*** off and go swing from a branch somewhere !!!!!!

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was asking the person with the side effect for an update on his status...i was not asking you for your useless and dismissive rants. I would not be surprised if you worked for johnson and johnson. What does any of this have to do with spelling? These days we have spell checkers and google my friend. Do normal healthy men with no change in their lifestyle or diet suddenly loose attraction to women and cease to be horny every few days? That happens all the time right? Im sure one of the organic foods i ate was from a batch that was laden with heavy metals !! Yes that must be it !!! Wow thanks ugly monkey for all your helpful insight. Now f*** off and go swing from a branch somewhere !!!!!!

I got bad headaches from minoxidil, I hate the stuff personally.

"Do normal healthy men with no change in their lifestyle or diet suddenly loose attraction to women and cease to be horny every few days?"

Yes they do. You could ask the same about a myriad of different conditions and the answer would be yes. Look at trials for Finasteride for example and 1-2% of users of the PLACEBO get sexual side effects including erectile dysfunction.

tony had

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you actually had experience in the industry, you wouldn't make comments so idiotic. Some people naturally get ED, you can't blame your life on side effects.
You are an absolute moron who is being honored by this very reply
I knew u would bring that up. It was a typo you sad pathetic person. You are just like old people who insist on giving directions when everyone has GPS. Let it go. Dont you have anything better to do than harass people with serious health issues?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score

I knew u would bring that up. It was a typo you sad pathetic person. You are just like old people who insist on giving directions when everyone has GPS. Let it go. Dont you have anything better to do than harass people with serious health issues?

Your only serious health issues are mental, specifically cuckism and blaming your problems on anything you can find.

tony had

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got bad headaches from minoxidil, I hate the stuff personally.

"Do normal healthy men with no change in their lifestyle or diet suddenly loose attraction to women and cease to be horny every few days?"

Yes they do. You could ask the same about a myriad of different conditions and the answer would be yes. Look at trials for Finasteride for example and 1-2% of users of the PLACEBO get sexual side effects including erectile dysfunction.
Using your rationale, your headaches could have been caused by anything, not solely minoxidil. Regarding the placebo group- the ones who reported ED already had ED at baseline and the incompetent research staff did not capture ED as a baseline condition, therefore it gets reported as an adverse event....OR those people were really old and prone to getting occasional ED....it would not happen with a normal healthy 32 year old male with no history of ED....and in my case the ED is caused by complete lack of sexual desire and attraction. While on rogaine, nothing changed regarding personal hygeine products, cleaners, food. Everything i buy is organic, natural, biodegradeable..

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Using your rationale, your headaches could have been caused by anything, not solely minoxidil. Regarding the placebo group- the ones who reported ED already had ED at baseline and the incompetent research staff did not capture ED as a baseline condition, therefore it gets reported as an adverse event....OR those people were really old and prone to getting occasional ED....it would not happen with a normal healthy 32 year old male with no history of ED....and in my case the ED is caused by complete lack of sexual desire and attraction. While on rogaine, nothing changed regarding personal hygeine products, cleaners, food. Everything i buy is organic, natural, biodegradeable..

Except headaches are a widely cited side effect in various studies, and to a statistically significant degree more than placebo.

"the ones who reported ED already had ED at baseline and the incompetent research staff did not capture ED as a baseline condition"

Only you could be stupid enough to do something like that. We are talking tens of studies with the same result in that regard. Some people who are younger get ED too. Rare, but it happens.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jsm.12179/abstract

This suggests 26% of men under 40 will get ED. You are one of them unfortunately, likely a symptom of your cuckism and being a b**ch in general.

You're also more likely to suffer issues on organic produce than regular.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score

If you look at the first two replies I gave your question above, you can see that there was nothing nasty about them. I noted that you were asking a question to someone who last posted several years ago, and that's why you weren't getting a response. I also said that I thought you were taking a logical leap in assuming that you definitely got the ED from minoxidil. Your response was "you are a nobody". That wasn't very nice at all. So at that point I lost interest in discussing whether or not you may have gotten ED from minoxidil, and instead got interested in seeing how dumb you are. And it turns out, a lot. Very dumb. Can't even spell simple words.