Deadlock's Story - (21yo hair problems w/PICS. dutasteride & minoxidil)

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
New pics. It's weird btw that I'm shedding so much, also / especially from the sides without a real good cause. Will be bloodtested again in 6 weeks, what else should I be checking on? Thyroid and iron levels where good, and testosterone levels where normal (around average). Have also suddenly gained about 10kgs of weight which I really cannot explain. Yeah I eat much, but I still am excercising. I'll see if I'll be able to drop the weight. I'm kind of an emotional eater I'm affraid...

Attachments

• IMAG3265-1.jpg
    IMAG3265-1.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 227
  • IMAG3267-1.jpg
    IMAG3267-1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 200
  • IMAG3244-1.jpg
    IMAG3244-1.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 214
  • IMAG3266-1.jpg
    IMAG3266-1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 221

mashang

Established Member
Reaction score
Bro you still have loads of thick hair left...
just relax and pop the pills

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I actually don't... Relaxing and just popping these pills is what I've been trying to do ever since I began. Unfortunately, my story is one of many struggles. Stress gets worse when the hair goes worse to. And the front is still really diffusing. Shedding might've stopped I think. But I hardly pay attention to it as I'm fucked anyway.

mashang

Established Member
Reaction score
deadlocks said:
I actually don't... Relaxing and just popping these pills is what I've been trying to do ever since I began. Unfortunately, my story is one of many struggles. Stress gets worse when the hair goes worse to. And the front is still really diffusing. Shedding might've stopped I think. But I hardly pay attention to it as I'm f***ed anyway.

i am in the exact same boat hence why i am telling you to...
i am stressing everyday all day about my hair, but i think this is causing the negative effect .. i need to stop looking in the mirror everyday and counting hairs.. because i think the stress is causing me to shed more hairs ,
i feel as if my temples are getting worse and it burns me up inside...
i think i need concentrate on something else , to stop me thinking about my HR

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
Did they test your DHT when you got these blood tests done?

They didn't test my DHT, but testosterone was at a regular level. I got a Vitamin D defeciency though, and had slightly too much Vitamin B12. Doubt they would've made a difference. Really don't know what to do anymore...

tsiroutraw

Reaction score
The latest pics look good, but why dont u take your pictures the same way. Like it looks like u curled them into strands on some of the pics. The way you display hair, even if u were NW0 100% full head of hair we would see scalp. As of temples its hard to tell if your getting better or worse. Btw dont worry about shedding, its the amount of hair that grows back that counts.

Mygoodness

Reaction score
I, like most who have read this thread over the last year am eagerly awaiting your cutting or washing out those dreads. I know who love them but they are making you crazy! I know a girl.with super thick, curly hair who has dreads and her scalp looks similar to yours. I bet if you wash them out, you'll get a real view and not be as neurotic. And if you cut them (god forbid) yoill find you'll be much less concerned. I am a long hair too, j know what its like to obsess daily, hourly. sh*t sucks, but overall well being is better than hair. I'm only being blunt cause i think your hair is fine!

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
That's cool to hear, and yes the loss has at the very least slowed I think but I'm still really not satisfied. I still have thick hair yes, but I used to have A LOT of hair hence why it can still look ok or appear to be so. Temples are pretty bad still, I see many many newly grown hairs there but they are extremely short and I don't know / think they will regrow fully.

I don't think that I'm neurotic with my hairstyle, cause as you said yourself your stressing to with long hair. Washing / brushing / cutting off won't help and I rather keep my hair like this as long as I can, as long as I can.

But am almost on my 2 year mark with Minoxidil and still felt I've been losing ground. Shedding has mostly stopped from Dutasteride, hopefully it will not happen again cause I couldn't probably handle it. I know it'll take months to see some regrowth, but I'm dying to see it happen. Just gotta take my mind off from it now. It's been working a bit more lately, am not as self conscious no more but it still can get to me at times. Now is such a time.

tsiroutraw said:
The latest pics look good, but why dont u take your pictures the same way. Like it looks like u curled them into strands on some of the pics. The way you display hair, even if u were NW0 100% full head of hair we would see scalp. As of temples its hard to tell if your getting better or worse. Btw dont worry about shedding, its the amount of hair that grows back that counts.

I'll make pics of the same position how I used to later today. Most of the newer pics are made with a flash, the older ones where not. Taken with a flash my hair sometimes looks even thicker on places where it's actually thinning pretty bad, and every time I've shed my hair felt somewhat thinner afterwards. So I do think I have reasons to worry unfortunately...

The hair is also filled with dandruff, especially in the front and temples.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
New pictures. Less talking from now on. Don't want to insult people worse off than me. But still not satisfied with my hair so far. Hair is regrowing at some places, and falls off at others. Really frustrating...

Attachments

• IMAG3470-1.jpg
    IMAG3470-1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 208
  • IMAG3467-1.jpg
    IMAG3467-1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 219
  • IMAG3523-1.jpg
    IMAG3523-1.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 210
  • IMAG3498-1.jpg
    IMAG3498-1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 237
  • IMAG3511-1.jpg
    IMAG3511-1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 217
  • IMAG3512-1.jpg
    IMAG3512-1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 203
  • IMAG3507-1.jpg
    IMAG3507-1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 220

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad man. Long hair makes those see through "spots" more visible. Are you still on minoxidil btw? Have you experienced any side effects from it? I guess many people do but don't realize it. It was giving me deeper wrinkles on my forehead and some bags under eyes, basically making my face look older. Luckily I had taken pre-minoxidil baseline pics that confirmed I wasn't imagining things.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, sometimes it indeed looks like I have worse forehead wrinkles than I did before. And sometimes my face looks puffier as well, but a few months back I have been using A LOT of the stuff. Like, a Kirkland bottle each 1.5 weeks, it was crazy. But other than that, nothing. Maybe faster beard and arm hair growth, but I do still see small new hairs popping up. They are just not growing as of yet but hopefully that will happen, cause I still feel I'm losing ground.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
It's funny in some pics it looks OK, in others it doesn't, although I'm sure they all look terrible to you (we are our own harshest critic sometimes).

Mine's shedding in a similar pattern still, on dutasteride since oct26, another week tomorrow. approaching 3 months solid.

The slow shed is what bothers me. I haven't seen hairs just coming out in the shower or on my towel afterward or anything. I just feel little itchy places here and there and when I scratch lightly a hair usually falls out. It's thinning in all these areas, just like it was before I started finasteride.

I am heavily considering starting finasteride again soon at 0.25mg if I don't see results on dutasteride soon.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, Duts sheds are the worst so I've read and also experienced, so if you don't really see significant change I'd suggest you to keep on with it. 3 months is still quite early to see any improvement, most say that the 8th month should be good. At least stick it out 3 months longer.

And yes, the hair looks weird right now. There is some regrowth at the front for sure, but there's also been losses. For now the losses are far more apperant, maybe because the new hairs are still short... I hope to see some changes quickly. Been on it for about a year and a half right now.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Still no results, things are only getting worse...

Attachments

• IMAG3628-1.jpg
    IMAG3628-1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 203

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Did you ever try finasteride? I'm sorry if I even asked this question before, I can't remember and if I did it could be anywhere in your topic lol

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I did, but not for too long. Like, 8 months or so. I did see results from it though... But am unsure if I'll see improvements from it if I were to take it now.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
deadlocks said:
I did, but not for too long. Like, 8 months or so. I did see results from it though... But am unsure if I'll see improvements from it if I were to take it now.

If you could afford it, you could try to take finasteride + dutasteride. That way if dutasteride is helping you won't see any loss from it, and you'll be able to tell if finasteride causes any further gains.

I am pretty sure a lot of the guys who have already lost more hair than you or I are do that, trying to get as much back as possible.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I cannot afford it actually. But finasteride is a lot easier to get than dutasteride is for me, so I could give it a try. I pretty much have to right now