Deadlock's Story - (21yo hair problems w/PICS. dutasteride & minoxidil)

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah but it's so weird that I'm thinning in different places than before, while I do have some frontal regrowth. It's so weird, and it's driving me quite insane. Need to go see the doctor anyway again, so I'll just go and ask for yet another blood test.

Diffuse thinning can come from different things, and I wasn't as much diffused last year (al though a big bad shed began around now last year). I hardly shed anymore, but my regime is also a lot weaker with reduced dutasteride intake (every other day now) and my minoxidil has run out- again. Can't afford some either for at least another month.

I think I'm just gonna go back on finasteride, and then see how that goes. If I got money, I'll add another topical.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Also got my first "your going bald" comment today. Publicly shouted at me, so yeah, people can tell... :thumbdown2:

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
deadlocks said:
Also got my first "your going bald" comment today. Publicly shouted at me, so yeah, people can tell... :thumbdown2:

I've never seen anyone call out someone else on going bald in public...but the only people I've ever heard mention it are 1) guys who are scared of hair loss\going bald themselves, or 2) girls who have brothers that went bald so they notice it more.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
The guy was drinking though, and I stood under harsh light, but yeah he had to shout it at me nonetheless with lots of people around. Not sure if they could see it, got a compliment on it couple of minutes later, so this remains a double edged sword for me. It kinda ruined my night though, but didn't let it get me down.

The guy is someone I used to work with, and he's got good hair. Well, good enough, kinda plain hair.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
deadlocks said:
The guy is someone I used to work with, and he's got good hair. Well, good enough, kinda plain hair.

I have a friend that notices people balding now cause I can tell his juvenile hairline has went back a bit--however, he still has amazing hair. I know he's overly vain, though, so once he started to notice his own, he suddenly sees everyone elses. And honestly, I was the same way...I just would never call anyone out on it ever cause I know how much ti would suck.

Still though, you'll make it. Some guys on this forum act like it's the end of the world and how they'd rather die than be bald. No one wants to lose their hair but, hey, if I get to the point where I have to buzz it down or shave it, I'll do it.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Am out of minoxidik again, for longer than a week now. Can't afford anything new till at least next month. Hair is looking thin at the middle part especially still...

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I might be able to buy a new suply in two weeks, or so I hope. Definitely will be buying it as soon as possible.

Also, here's a few new temple shots.

Both regrowing and thinning at some other places...

Attachments

• IMAG4015-1.jpg
    IMAG4015-1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 264
  • IMAG4012-1.jpg
    IMAG4012-1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 257
  • IMAG3984-1.jpg
    IMAG3984-1.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 300

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
More pics. Really am confused to see my hairline both regrowing and thinning further...

Attachments

• IMAG4017-1.jpg
    IMAG4017-1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 279
  • IMAG4019-1.jpg
    IMAG4019-1.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 287
  • IMAG4018-1.jpg
    IMAG4018-1.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 243

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
This is what my thinning looks most like. Got a decent hairline now, but still got lots of frontal thinning...

Edit: board attachment quota has been reached? What does that mean?

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Its still not looking good

Attachments

• IMAG4350-1.jpg
    IMAG4350-1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 263
  • IMAG4328-1.jpg
    IMAG4328-1.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 278
  • IMAG4341-1.jpg
    IMAG4341-1.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 256
  • IMAG4349-1.jpg
    IMAG4349-1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 274
T

TravisB

If I were you, I would get rid of dreadlocks. It would make applying minoxidil sooo much easier.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
No infact its easier, cause the hair strands are separated differently, and still need to buy a new batch of minoxidil

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
The more I think about it the more it looks to me like one of two things:

1) Your genes are just so strong towards balding that dutasteride and minoxidil cannot help regrow anything, and are just slowing down the inevitable

2) Maybe Dutasteride just doesn't help you much (nor minoxidil). minoxidil doesn't help me a whole lot, but I keep using it, as it seems to help a tiny bit.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride did help me a lot though... And I got a free description for it now, starting it next week. Will order a bottle of minoxidil to, and next month another again. I hope its not my genes, and I don't think my regime has been completely ineffective either, cause I still have quite a lot of short hairs regrowing. I made a pic that proofs this... Thing is, the rest of the hair has thinned out which makes the overall appearance kinda weird. Just look. All the shorts hairs brushed down into my face. These hairs where not there before I started my regime for sure.

2rmpkt5.jpg

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
There might be hope.

Maybe at worst you can hold on to what you've got until some miracle drug\procedure comes out and we can all walk around with our perfect hairlines again.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I do / did have a lot of stress though last year and my eating habits are worse, as well as having lots of minor physical complaints as fatigue, mucus and other stuff... It kinda makes me think there is more going on.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Also, as weird as it sounds, I'm losing hair from my inner thights, in between my upper legs and sometimes there is hair when I wipe (no joke, dont ask me how I kbow). And at least my upper legs had hair before... Also I can easily pull out 10 arm hairs everytime I try... What is this....???