Deadlock's Story - (21yo hair problems w/PICS. dutasteride & minoxidil)

weepysad

Reaction score
Man, you need to get rid of your locks. Your hair condition really is not THAT bad. Any hair loss in your 20's sucks (I am 22 and I am depressed as hell), but aside from your hairline, it doesn't seem to be too shabby.

The hair that you are currently sporting doesn't really give you the real idea of the situation. I am positive that with a shorter haircut - and I don't mean buzzed cut here - it won't look that bad at all. These locks are just magnifying your problem. Make it a bit shorter with some forelock to hide the receding hairline. I am sure it will look great!

It is really painful to see your hair being twisted and pulled in every single picture. One would think that it is harmless, but it is not. It does not take much to cause traction alopecia.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I figured that out to... Dreads could cause Traction Allopecia, but hair lost from that could return right? It's just odd overall... The hairline doesn't seem to be as bad as before, but cause of the recent sheds, the area behind it turned worse, and diffuse kicked in, so I needed to 'seperate' the hair differently. Locks really help with that, but I might need to be more careful with them perhaps...

I have not putted them in or anything. So there isn't any twisting in the hair much at all. The root of the hair remains untouched so to say. Actually, most people wouldn't say I'm dreaded at all. Especially the hairline is mostly untouched. I do however felt some hair pressure before... But I guess if I don't touch it that much I should be ok.

I'd like to go to a derm again about this... But last 2 times I've been there it didn't help me much at all. The doctors both asked me; do you have bald family members, to which I replied yes. And that's all they wanted to know. I doubt they'd treat me seriously if I came back there... :thumbdown2:

Also would like to add is that I have odd habbits of pulling hairs (from beard mostly, but also from my back / shoulders), biting nails, pulling skin from my lips and wounds besides going with my hand through my hair all day (which I did much more in the past really) so I don't know... It's something I just realised, but am not too focused on cause I do it all the time...

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks again man. I've actually been looking for Emu Oil for the longest time, but never could find it in a store. Should be helpful for male pattern baldness to I've read. Deffinatly will be looking for Black Castor Oil to. Hopefully I'll find some in black hair shops.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone also know if I can regrow my hair back from Traction Alopecia? I've worn my hair in this style for about a year or so....

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
It's not traction alopecia. I would be shocked to hear a dermatologist agree with that idea.

You've got hardcore genes for balding, especially in the front, and that just sucks because dutasteride/minoxidil combo hasn't given you what we all want (NW1!!!)

hope you find something that works though.

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
It's not traction alopecia. I would be shocked to hear a dermatologist agree with that idea.

You've got hardcore genes for balding, especially in the front, and that just sucks because dutasteride/minoxidil combo hasn't given you what we all want (NW1!!!)

i disagree with u. he puts his hair in dreadlock which has resulted in the strange hairloss patterns. he also has male pattern baldness and its def not hardcore

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I started finasteride about 2 months after the biggest shed I've experienced in my life (was from about age 18~19) and since then I've never shed that much hair. My dreads are also very sloppy, and not well done, yet very thick. I also compulsively move my hands in my hair all the time, and I've experienced diffuse thinning after a shed from dutasteride... Which I first believed was Telogen Effluvium.

I've also experienced regrowth somewhat at the front, and if it continues to regrow I could have a NW2 hairline at least, which is perfectly fine with me.

I think I better should visit a derm though... It's quite a story, and I'm not on the best terms with my derm either and he doesn't know I use dutasteride. I am now about to wash out the Castor oil from my hair though. Hope this stuff will work for me.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:

I think your right now man... It's been 8 months since my shed really started, would've seen results by now if I would get them... instead I'm thinning even worse than before....

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
deadlocks said:
TheGrayMan2001 said:

I think your right now man... It's been 8 months since my shed really started, would've seen results by now if I would get them... instead I'm thinning even worse than before....

definitely consult with a dermatologist...best of luck to you

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't know if it's worth it, seeing as he'd likely say it's just male pattern baldness again... And I really can't afford it right now...

Also, I think I am using way too much Minoxidil... This is my 5th bottle, and I got my batch on the beginning of the month... Can this cause my hair to look thinner as well?? How much should I use anyway? Using 5% Kirkland btw.

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think too much minoxidil would cause hairs to thin faster. You would only get side effects from it like puffy face/eyes etc.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Really, I don't know anymore... I really don't f*****g know anymore... It's been a year since my "dutasteride shed" started, which lasted about 8 months or so (on finasteride I'd hardly lose any hairs) and I've experienced little to no significant regrowth.

Diffuse thinning still is getting worse and worse, and just now after I applied the castor oil (2nd time, doing it once a week) my fingers where full of hairs. Why is nothing working for me.....? I've seen so many succes threads here.. Guys using only finasteride, or only minoxidil and get significant changes in less than 6 months, but I have been using this sh*t for at 2 and a half years, and NOTHING works...

Thought that I could at least maintain, being on f*****g dutasteride and all...

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I took finasteride when I was 19, first noticing my hairline receding hardcore to a NW3 when I was almost 19. Noticed it a year earlier, but was in denial, and my mother said it was just a mature hairline... :\ I believed her.

First got a precription for minoxidil 2% then later I got one for finasteride, but both where too expensive, so I got them online for a bit. Started 2% Minoxidil in September 2009, and finasteride about 1.5 month later.

Didn't notice much of a difference, either for the good or the bad. If anything, I got some baby hair regrowth from 5% minoxidil, which up untill recently stayed pretty much the same (they have been growing, but it's not much hair anyway). But they've shed many times as well. I've been shedding a lot always actually now that I read back some of my posts... Never experienced much regrowth, but thickening sometimes happened.

Been on 5% Min since May 2010, and I alterned takin finasteride and dutasteride since then as well, though I took dutasteride only twice a week, slight thickening happened almost instantly, but then I started to lose more hairs, so I cut of from finasteride completely in August last year, and been taking dutasteride daily since then. Though, it's hard to come by around here, so I might try and switch back to finasteride later... If I feel like I regrow some. Which unfortunately isn't happening...

So I really don't know...

ajnar

Reaction score
some people are just fucked and meds seem to do nothing, i know this painfully from my own experience with finasteride and dutasteride (the moemnt i started to shed rapidly no meds could help me)

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, they do say that when using dutasteride you can expect a lot of shedding. I just didn't care, and look where I am now. Didn't experience a lot of shedding the first few months of using dutasteride though, and had just one initial shed after a month or 2 on finasteride.

How is your situation now man?? It's been a while since you came around here.

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
deadlocks i'm buying ASC-j9 to replace xandrox. 2 year supply cost 95!!. ASC-J9 brakes down a protein in the androgen receptor so the androgen receptor becomes inactive and DHT will not Bind on the receptor.

i believe this could be just as effective as cb-03-01.