Complete Crown Regrowth - Topical Dutasteride

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did some research here on the forum. One member claimed to have stronger side effects in topical Duta than on low dose oral finsteride. So far only Mustang claims having less side effects which is not too much of an evidence, especially without good photos, nevertheless I really like his Scar Repair thread

@Pegasus, there are studies on alcohol causing skin aging. Is your claim of PGA backed up by any scientific paper?

Furthermore Mustang does not tell which Doctor or pharmacy did produce it and doesn't want to disclose the formula. From I heard it's from Dr. Mw*mba, not Lupanzula. 30ml finasteride ordered directly at Parati costs about 30 Euro + shipping ; Duta 50Euro + Shipping. I do not believe that both of these surgeons do get any mentionable commission that interests a surgeon (maybe 10 Euro per monthly order if at all)

But needless to say, I also had a consultation with Dr. Mw*mba. He is nice guy and took his time but but he tried to cross sell things which other reputable surgeons in Europe and Asia told me it is a waste of money such as "Whey Help Hair Protein", Prp with Acell and Hylauronic Acid, Shampoos of a certain brand, Laser Caps (I can even back this up with a proposal). So you never know

Nevertheless 50% DHT suppression from Mustang is quite a lot, but he uses a very high dose topical duta and claims the best regrowth ever. From my topical Fina Experience and study of oral Fina it makes almost no difference if someone takes 0.25mg oral finasteride compared to 1mg finasteride or 1% topical finasteride to 0.05% topical finasteride. I have a high suspicion that the same will occur to topical Duta

Last edited:

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@dgadgdea

Before starting get 5 - 10% Urea cream with Ceramides. This will improve your skin barrier which could lead to less systemic absorption

And stop needling in the beginning

If you have no sides for several weeks stop the urea and ceramide creams, if still no sides start needling

All in all count your hairloss in the sink if you wash it

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now we're getting somewhere gents -- enjoying the exchange.

For my part I'm desperate enough to try. If there's a chance at crown regrowth without finasteride sides I'll give it a shot.

First question: do any of you that are more knowledgeable about skin layers, molecular weight, daltons, etc. have an opinion about the underlying theory that a topical dutasteride will somehow not be absorbed systemically the way topical finasteride is?

I received this topical dutasteride, lipsomal at 0.5%. I’m planning to wait a total of 4 weeks after taking my last finasteride dose to confirm that side effects subside (has worked in the past) then get detailed lab work to get a sense of baseline T, DHT, and everything else.

Second question: Having looked at a lot of dutasteride experiences on here, a significant number of people seem to think that dutasteride is effective on the crown but ineffective or possibly even damaging on the hairline. The thought occurred to me to begin by just applying to the crown and not the hairline. What do we know about the whole “dutasteride shreds the hairline” thing? Wives tale? Valid concern?

I was also planning to continue microneedling weekly or biweekly at ~1-1.5mm, but would make sure to wait ~3 days after topical dutasteride application. Bad idea? I’m hoping this will not increase systemic absorption but I’m in broscience territory here.

Appreciate any thoughts/theories.

How about applying topical finasteride all other days of week or maybe less, and applying topical duta once? (which is also normal oral course for few people who can bear sides) People have claimed success on hairline with topical fina. For ex. see this guy using topical finasteride and min with needling for 10 months

Orwell

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did some research here on the forum. One member claimed to have stronger side effects in topical Duta than on low dose oral finsteride. So far only Mustang claims having less side effects which is not too much of an evidence, especially without good photos, nevertheless I really like his Scar Repair thread

@Pegasus, there are studies on alcohol causing skin aging. Is your claim of PGA backed up by any scientific paper?

Furthermore Mustang does not tell which Doctor or pharmacy did produce it and doesn't want to disclose the formula. From I heard it's from Dr. Mw*mba, not Lupanzula. 30ml finasteride ordered directly at Parati costs about 30 Euro + shipping ; Duta 50Euro + Shipping. I do not believe that both of these surgeons do get any mentionable commission that interests a surgeon (maybe 10 Euro per monthly order if at all)

But needless to say, I also had a consultation with Dr. Mw*mba. He is nice guy and took his time but but he tried to cross sell things which other reputable surgeons in Europe and Asia told me it is a waste of money such as "Whey Help Hair Protein", Prp with Acell and Hylauronic Acid, Shampoos of a certain brand, Laser Caps (I can even back this up with a proposal). So you never know

Nevertheless 50% DHT suppression from Mustang is quite a lot, but he uses a very high dose topical duta and claims the best regrowth ever. From my topical Fina Experience and study of oral Fina it makes almost no difference if someone takes 0.25mg oral finasteride compared to 1mg finasteride or 1% topical finasteride to 0.05% topical finasteride. I have a high suspicion that the same will occur to topical Duta
I had the same experience with Dr Mwamba and his upselling of products, but he did agree to prescribe topical duta. I also thought he was pretty nice.

Overall, Mwamba said that he was not sure about the best dosing schedule, and that while dosing every 10 days or so has worked for one patient (I.e., Mustang) it wouldn't necessarily work for everyone. Dr Mwamba advised me to start off by applying every 4 or 5 days and see how I get on.

Unfortunately, he said he thought I was more likely than not to have side effects as I experienced them with topical finasteride, but that I could try topical duta and stop if necessary. This now leaves me with a decision to make.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Be sure to quit needling if you go on topical duta.

What would be the difference between taking oral dutasteride and needling and applying topical dutasteride?

I'm using RU58841 and apply minoxidil + lclt 4 hours after RU application with light needling. I've been considering making a minoxidil + RU mixture to cut down on application time, but very on the fence about needling before using RU.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How often do you microneedle? One day every two weeks of RU going systemic isn't going to do anything. It's such a small amount. If RU were given as an oral AA the dose would be at least a gram per day.

Was considering .25mm daily after application. Then .8 to 1.5mm, depending on area, every 14 days.

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the same experience with Dr Mwamba and his upselling of products, but he did agree to prescribe topical duta. I also thought he was pretty nice.

Overall, Mwamba said that he was not sure about the best dosing schedule, and that while dosing every 10 days or so has worked for one patient (I.e., Mustang) it wouldn't necessarily work for everyone. Dr Mwamba advised me to start off by applying every 4 or 5 days and see how I get on.

Unfortunately, he said he thought I was more likely than not to have side effects as I experienced them with topical finasteride, but that I could try topical duta and stop if necessary. This now leaves me with a decision to make.

Thx for you input, what's the percentage of your topical duta? Please give us some feedback if you start

dgadgdea

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did anyone test 5-10% Urea or Ceramide creme for improving your skin barrier so that less topical will be absorbed into the blood stream?

@blub10 was just looking up some of these creams. what do you know about them and how do they work? Any specific brands or versions you recommend? I'm interested in reducing my scalp porosity / improving scalp barrier before applying topical dutasteride

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I do not have 50% suppression of DHT with Topical Dutasteride
It's around 15% with normal dosing which is nothing.

It's not my formula to disclose and I want to refrain from mentioning any pharmacy or clinic so that we are here for the right reason but no, I do not use Paratti.

Laser cap works 100%. I bought 4 already from a Spanish clinic.

Topical finasteride will give you sides.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started topical dutasteride 0.5 % yesterday...swapping out my morr f topical finasteride for this. Fwiw I got mine from Murray Avenue. Dosing says 1 application daily.

jazz1

Reaction score
I started topical dutasteride 0.5 % yesterday...swapping out my morr f topical finasteride for this. Fwiw I got mine from Murray Avenue. Dosing says 1 application daily.

I use their Topical Finasteride mixture I posted a thread for forum members on their Topical Dutasteride and they give 10% discount.

Thread Topical Dutasteride:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...asteride-minoxidil-mixture-check-here.128666/

Topical Finasteride:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...oxidil-finasteride-mixture-check-here.126633/

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Best of luck to you!

Was look at theirs also - is it a liposomal vehicle, or ethanol based? Thanks

jazz1

Reaction score
Wilfred keep us posted how the Topical Dutasteride works please....

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@blub10 was just looking up some of these creams. what do you know about them and how do they work? Any specific brands or versions you recommend? I'm interested in reducing my scalp porosity / improving scalp barrier before applying topical dutasteride

Any Urea Cream will probably do the Job. I use a 10% Lotion from Eucerin or Cerave but its really up to you, I dont think they are better than other brands

jazz1

Reaction score
Do you need prescription for topical dutasteride?

Yes, follow this thread I posted all details how to obtain and pay for prescription and the lotion mixtures with discount options. Check they ship to your country, let me know if you require my help and assistance. They can also mix different Strenght minoxidil into the Finasteride mixture, but Dutasteride with or without 5% minoxidil.

Topical Dutasteride

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...asteride-minoxidil-mixture-check-here.128666/

Topical Finasteride

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...oxidil-finasteride-mixture-check-here.126633/