Comb Over?!?

shookwun

Reaction score
Bud, It doesn't look like you are maintaining much. Better then nothing, but it's slowly progressing.

As we mentioned before, the hair you have is an illusion. From the photos you provided months back at was diffusing all over, but the longer hair, and layered style tends to make it look better then it actually is.

Avoid buzzing. will depress you

The hairs under the red line will eventually bald, They are weak, and diffused compared to the top potion of your terminal forelock. I would say around two-three years before those hairs are completely gone.

The blue line is your original hairline before your entire hair line receded up, and temples went south.
2itoro0.png

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
@shookwun, thanks for your input. Man, that's scary. If what you're saying is true, I'll essentially be bald by the time I'm 30. If I lose that hair under the red line, my forehead will be MASSIVE - and that's just my hairline, who knows how much I'll diffuse by then. I can't believe I've already lost that much of my hairline either - It really puts things into perspective.

Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Shookwun, thanks for your input. Man, that's scary. If what you're saying is true, I'll essentially be bald by the time I'm 30. If I lose that hair under the red line, my forehead will be MASSIVE - and that's just my hairline, who knows how much I'll diffuse by then. I can't believe I've already lost that much of my hairline either - It really puts things into perspective.
How many fingers now from the eyebrow to the hairline?

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
6 fingers, maybe almost 7 in some spots.

lol I put 4 (I have very small fingers) and still my hairline is high

6-7 OMG

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
6 fingers, maybe almost 7 in some spots.
That is huge. Your must be following a NW4A pattern by now. I guess your Avatar is your future situation. I guess its time to save for a transplant.

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
That is huge. Your must be following a NW4A pattern by now. I guess your Avatar is your future situation. I guess its time to save for a transplant.
Really? What Norwood is Jude Law in my avatar? NW4A? What about this pic: IMG_8396.JPG? Is that what I can expect my hair to eventually look like?

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like it.
I hope I can make it to his age before I suffer a similar fate. Honestly, I could probably handle having a hairline similar to my avatar if the rest of my hair was thick, but unfortunately, since I'm also diffusing, I think my hair will end up looking worse then his.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I hope I can make it to his age before I suffer a similar fate. Honestly, I could probably handle having a hairline similar to my avatar if the rest of my hair was thick, but unfortunately, since I'm also diffusing, I think my hair will end up looking worse then his.
I remember your dad's hair. I think you are following him fairly well.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I absolutely disagree with @shookwun . Looking at your most recent pictures, it looks like you have maintained since the ones on page 1 with even some slight thickening. You don't have much regrowth, but I think finasteride is doing its job and according to the 10 year study, it will only get better with time.

Your hairline is not receding, but it looks like it is doing the opposite. Your eyes can be deceiving. The new miniaturized hairs we see on your hairline looks like new growth. Over time, they will most likely shed and grow back longer, thicker, and more cosmetically significant. Also, you look a lot less diffused more recently.

Do you have any baseline photos for comparison?

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
I absolutely disagree with @shookwun . Looking at your most recent pictures, it looks like you have maintained since the ones on page 1 with even some slight thickening. You don't have much regrowth, but I think finasteride is doing its job and according to the 10 year study, it will only get better with time.

Your hairline is not receding, but it looks like it is doing the opposite. Your eyes can be deceiving. The new miniaturized hairs we see on your hairline looks like new growth. Over time, they will most likely shed and grow back longer, thicker, and more cosmetically significant. Also, you look a lot less diffused more recently.

Do you have any baseline photos for comparison?
Thanks for your opinion. I hope you're right and I'm experiencing regrowth.

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently got my haircut and my stylist went a little short. It does give a better example of my hairline/diffuse loss. My hair is dry but obviously messy (from me pulling back my bangs to show my hairline). Thoughts?
IMG_8699.JPGIMG_8682.JPGIMG_8672.JPGIMG_8695.JPGIMG_8686.JPG