Comb Over?!?

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea I also realized recently I have a comover to hide my Norwood 2ish. Its worse on one side so I always comb it in that direction and hide the receding. Unfortunately the other is catching up so running out of options. :p

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am in my forties and never buzzed my hair because I have ears that are a bit protruding and my friends mocked me even when I had shorter hair cuts, imagine buzzed.
Having said that, this thread makes me wonder about the "mantra" of baldness hiding, that is to say the "just shave it / buzz it".
For whom does it really work?

evasive

Reaction score
Hey man,

My hair looks the same as yours (diffuse thinning on top), and I do the same combover style.
I'm 28.
I can maintain the look of a full head of hair by keeping the sides a 2 and using Toppik on the thinning areas.
DO NOT BUZZ THE TOP. Barbers can only touch the top with scissors. My directions to the barber is to "trim a little, keep it neat, do not show any scalp"

I'm hoping I can last until 35. It does get a bit thinner every year..one side of my hairline is getting thin too..

I don't know how long I can maintain this look. For now, this hair style keeps me sane.

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd do an update since it's been awhile. This is how my hair looks at the moment. I don't think it looks any worse, but I'd like your opinions:

Also, I know it's off topic, but I'm trying to settle on a facial hair style, something that complements my face shape. These are the two I'm debating between. a short beard vs a circle beard:
Which do you think works? Any other suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

resu

Reaction score
I don't know how you're able to do a comb over, if you see my thread we have similar hair loss and I can't hide it unless I'm on minoxidil, those wimpy extra vellus hairs really help in our case.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the facial hair of you in the green/darker color shirt looks best

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
Your head is shaped like mine, it's oval. Although it is filling out more, which is good (i.e. - your getting older).

Thanks for the advice. I'm not planning on buzzing my hair anytime soon. I'm 26, so I'm hoping I can make it through the rest of my 20's before I buzz. I'm happy to hear my face has filled out a bit. I haven't put on weight, so like you said it must be age. I wish it was rounder, I must admit, so maybe it'll fill out some more. As it is, If I ever have to go slick, I'll look like a cancer patient.

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude your hair aint that bad and your hairline looks alright your just thinning...

Someone just posted buzz shorter on top than sides ? That is crazy... short on sides longer on top always looks better

Get a number 2 on sides and tips cit with sissors on top.

Looks like minoxidil and keto shampoo could help you. Also megatek is awsome for making thin hair look thicker ( apply once a week )

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
20160713_122929.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
20160807_092930.jpg

Me today ^
20160713_122929.jpg

Me after buzz 6 weeks ago

Attachments

• 20160713_122929.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 194

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If i go to long the wind assasinates me at the worste possible moment ;)

shookwun

Reaction score
Your hair isn't diffuse on top. It's like a Norwood 2. It looks good at that length.
Isnt diffuse?

LOL

you cant be serious... He is passed a NW2A with diffuse all over. Dont be fooled by the the grown out looks.

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isnt diffuse?

LOL

you cant be serious... He is passed a NW2A with diffuse all over. Dont be fooled by the the grown out looks.

Agreed on passed NW2 but def not diffused. Hair is actually pretty thick man.

But your crazy finasteride pusher anyway haha :p

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think K9 was talking about the other poster that posted pictures of his hair a few posts back

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
I've passed NW2A? I don't think I'm quite a nw3 yet. Am I?
How common is it to recede and diffuse at the same time?
And also, I guess the general consensus is I should stick with the short beard instead of the goatee.
Any other suggestions?

Isnt diffuse?

LOL

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I've passed NW2A? I don't think I'm quite a nw3 yet. Am I?
How common is it to recede and diffuse at the same time?
And also, I guess the general consensus is I should stick with the short beard instead of the goatee.
Any other suggestions?
Your diffuse pattern is now showing and you are heading for a high Norwood in your future. You have diffuse thinning all the way close to your crown. That is a NW5A pattern starting to emerge based on that photo above.

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
Your diffuse pattern is now showing and you are heading for a high Norwood in your future. You have diffuse thinning all the way close to your crown. That is a NW5A pattern starting to emerge based on that photo above.

I had a feeling that was where I was heading. I notice when my hair is wet, that I see scalp (I've avoided pools all this summer), but the diffuse seems to stop around my crown, I'm not thinning into a nw6/7 by the looks of things, thank god!.
I don't know how reliable looking at one's hair when wet (I know everyone's hair looks thin soaked), but this my hair before I dry it. NWA5 pattern? Is the horseshoe becoming visible?
IMG_6050.JPG IMG_6059.JPG

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
NW5 cemetary bound. Live every precious moment as if this was the last year of your life. Because in many ways...it is.