Cb-03-01 (cortexolone 17α-propionate), An Experimental Androgen Receptor Inhibito

silentpain89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone with diffuse thinning, noticed an improvement of Scalp itchiness/Soreness on CB 03 01...I dont care about regrowoth or maintatin, i just need for this Itchiness/Soreness to stop..Already dropped finasteride becuz of sides and the fact, that it did nothing for my scalp pain :(...

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think scalp pain comes from your male pattern baldness tbh. like im definitely balding but most of the time there is no itch at all. but i see it get thrown around a lot here, wondering what the actual science behind this is

it's a complete mess classical pattern balders, diffusers, CTE, itch, scalp pain and "ants". all of them are connected somehow, with all possible combinations. literature contradicts itself on this matter. but I think it's real. just for example, I have eyebrow itch the entire day. I suspect b12 deficiency. etc etc

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride doesent work anymore for me (stopped to work after 10-12years). but when i look back at the begining. finasteride: regrowth, cb best case maintenance ...60-80% effective as finasteride. depends on your body

ru is seems to be equally effective as finasteride (my experience)....but as well ru lost efficiancy after 4 years
YOu clear have no idea of what are you talking. Finasteride is not as potent, simple compare it with dutasteride. You can't even compare to real RU or CB.

Phatalis

Established Member
Reaction score
YOu clear have no idea of what are you talking. Finasteride is not as potent, simple compare it with dutasteride. You can't even compare to real RU or CB.

Yeah that quite literally makes no sense.

CB as an anti androgen IS 2X the potency of finasteride.

This is confirmed. In studies. In a laboratory.

So, there's a few things to consider then... If this guy is saying CB isn't as strong.

A) He doesn't have real CB or he doesn't have the quality CB the studies had.

B) His vehicle sucks ***. I know he doesn't use an emulsifier. Is that a huge deal? Maybe?

C) The cause of the balding at some point overpowers the anti androgen. In which case finasteride wouldn't do sh*t either.

These are the options.

Phatalis

Established Member
Reaction score
maybe you can only maintain on it because your hairs have become insanely sensitive to dht after 20 years. you said you got regrowth on finasteride in the beginning and then the efficiency faded, finasteride efficiency never fades though, your hair just gets more and more damaged but slower than without the finasteride. it might very well be the case that 20 years ago you would have gotten good regrowth with CB as well, at a time where your follicles weren't that sensitive already. it's kind of a miracle anyway that you are still able to maintain after all those years with such a low dosage of CB, your hair loss must not be thaaaat aggressive than, lucky you

Dude, you need to stop man. You're making too much sense.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can get that for you if u want, i am a college student, last year chemical engineering in fact.

I really hope so. that journal is not very highly indexed, it's unreachable for my university library as well as sci-hub.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
well this would indicate that RU is much stronger than finasteride, if finasteride couldn't even hold loss anymore but RU boosted regrowth. also CB seems to if you couldn't maintain on finasteride anymore I don't see how getting back on it would suddenly yield better results. if anything your hair got even more sensitive in the last 4-5 years. you are ridiculously lucky anyway, you could get a hair transplant and probably maintain it for another two decades and at 60 nobody gives a flying f*** about your hair.
I think most ppl will be able to get similar results to his. Unless ur in teh top 10% of agressive hairloss, like nw6 before 25-30, u will probably be able to maintain 15-20 years on cb.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
well this would indicate that RU is much stronger than finasteride, if finasteride couldn't even hold loss anymore but RU boosted regrowth. also CB seems to if you couldn't maintain on finasteride anymore I don't see how getting back on it would suddenly yield better results. if anything your hair got even more sensitive in the last 4-5 years. you are ridiculously lucky anyway, you could get a hair transplant and probably maintain it for another two decades and at 60 nobody gives a flying f*** about your hair.
Ehh the fight never stops. Photos on transplant clinics are full of 50-60+ yr old men. I’ll have a bottle of fibers beside me with a note for the undertaker when my time is up! :D

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sure some old guys always have their worthless feel midlife crisis phase. most people aren't that dimorphic and insane though, if you seriously struggle with hairloss at 60 maybe you're just a loser
Oh buddy, spoken like a true 20 something. Lol. Look, we don’t know what we will feel like at that age. That said, don’t put a blanket statement on it. With medicine advancing, and 60 being the new 40 or whatever and cell therapies, being a young sixty with hair, and having that be important, may not be that far fetched. Especially in the years to come.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
sure some old guys always have their worthless feel midlife crisis phase. most people aren't that dimorphic and insane though, if you seriously struggle with hairloss at 60 maybe you're just a loser
Most people aren’t? Why are you here then? Are you suddenly going to stop caring about how you present yourself once you hit midlife? It doesn’t matter what age you are, if something is stopping you from being the best you can be and the most confident you can be then it will always be an issue, it doesn’t matter how you try to hide it with your carefree attitude.

I could hair less

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you guys fail to understand that you are the absolute extreme when it comes to worrying about hairloss, just the fact that you and I have found ourselves in that forum, a place 99% of balding men will never visit goes to show the biases at work. I also never said I would treat my hairloss if there was an effective way to do so at a high age. what i am saying though is if finasteride stops working or CB or whatever it doesn't really matter because nobody is realistically going to give a f*** at that age, or even at a younger age. most men have garbage hair at 40 and only the saddest and most depressed end up on hairloss forums. thats the truth

yet you are on the forums 24/7...SAD

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ohh dismissing my opinion due to my age, that will be interesting.

it's true what they say about hairlossforums, only the most depressed and dysmorphic people will hang around here, thats for sure. most people can't even wrap their head around the amount of selection bias that is at work here. therefore your opinion as an older guy? is just as illegitimate
Buddy, would you say that if you were a soldier, and I was not, and we were having a discussion about what going to war was like.... wouldn’t you agree that your experience would hold more weight than my opinion, never having been? Not dismissing, but you couldn’t possible speak to what you would feel like or care about at 35, 45, 55, 65 while looking ahead from your 20’s. Why is that so hard to agree with? I, at almost 40, can look back to my 20’s and admit, “ wow, I am drastically different than what I thought I would be, in a lot of areas right now.” Why is that hard to agree on? It’s one thing speaking for yourself and what you think you MAY feel a tthat age, but to call people losers who still care about their appearance, at whatever age, is just ridiculous. You have some good things to say on here, but you have definitely taken a turn for the negative for some reason, as of late. We are all on the same team. Yes some people are depressed on here. Others are just genuinely interested in advancements in hairloss research.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what you said. To say that someone who does or does not struggle with hairloss at 60 is this or that, is ridiculous. If they want to care about their hair, let them. The majority of my buddies that went bald in their 20’s never gave two shits about it. Our lives are different. I care and it matters to me. Doesn’t make me depressed or pitiful, or them, apathetic. We are just different. Now we are getting into semantics. You know what I meant by the analogy. We cannot presume to know how we will feel at that age, and me using my current spot in life, relative in life to yours, is valid example. I have lived years you haven’t. Certainly doesn’t mean I know it all, just that it offers a different perspective. I hope to still care. I hope to still have hairto care about! I hope by then this is a distant memory for all of us. But if it isn’t, it will still interest me, simply because I find it interesting. Yes, we are a minority that care. So? Yes. There is a lot of people that take balding hard. It freaking sucks. But I enjoy trying to beat the odds stacked against me. I would say there are a lot of people on here who feel the same way. So let’s do that, at any age, however we can, until we don’t want to anymore. But, let’s do it without presuming what other people may or may not be feeling. Because someone is 60 and still cares about their hair, doesn’t mean that they haven’t accepted aging or is a loser. It just means they have different priorities than others. Good for them. Anyway, I’m not gonna eat up anymore of this forum. Back on track.