Cb-03-01 (cortexolone 17α-propionate), An Experimental Androgen Receptor Inhibito

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
A recent study
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30811143
Cortexolone 17α-propionate (clascoterone) is a novel androgen antagonist that is currently being analyzed in a large phase 2 clinical trial for the topical treatment of androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia). While the pathogenesis of Androgenetic Alopecia is still debated, the consensus is that Androgenetic Alopecia is an androgen-dependent hair disorder with strong genetic links, and that the testosterone metabolite, dihydrotestosterone (DHT), plays a causal role in its development. DHT binds to the androgen receptor (AR) in scalp dermal papilla cells (DPC) to induce AR-mediated transcription of genes that contribute to Androgenetic Alopecia in genetically predisposed individuals. Several studies have established that clascoterone is a potent antiandrogen that is well tolerated and has selective topical activity. The study described herein elucidates a potential mechanism of clascoterone in Androgenetic Alopecia. Clascoterone was found to inhibit AR-regulated transcription in a reporter cell line with similar efficacy to the 5α-reductase inhibitor, finasteride. More importantly, when compared with another direct AR antagonist, enzalutamide, clascoterone was significantly better at inhibiting IL-6 synthesis from DHT-stimulated primary cultures of human scalp DPC. Therefore, clascoterone may be an excellent candidate to be the first topical antiandrogen for treating Androgenetic Alopecia

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
for me and only: maintenace and nothing more. if your hope for more, forget it. too many users here and in other fora report as well just maintenance

well actually cb > minoxidil in studies so I won't say it only maintains... ; )
Use the (legit) drug with the right vehicle and dosage over a long period then we can talk again

Phatalis

Established Member
Reaction score
i use 3-4% with the vehicle close to the study (eth, trancutol, pg) and used that twice a day for 6 months. finasteride and ru lost efficiency in my case. fact is maintenance for me with twice a day appl., at present i reduced to once a day.
if i would know somebody with regrowth i would be happy. hilbert, bryan and other long term users maintain well, but if you ask about regrowth the feedback remains: maintenance. sorry, cb has a market, but you have to reduce ur expectations.
btw there are many users who cant use finasteride due to massiv sides. this ppl will profit of cb. maintenance is actually great for many sufferes. i dont see that negative

Bro, just saying. Maintenance for you only doesn't apply to everyone. I understand you telling people to curb their expectations because you don't want people to get their hopes up... but... people used to say minoxidil didn't grow back temples, only crown. That was BS as I grew back my temples on it.

What works/effects one person may be different on another. That's biology.

You say RU and finasteride don't work on you anymore, but they work on many others. So I mean, yeah. If CB is maintaining for YOU and finasteride and RU weren't any longer, I'd argue CB is stronger than those two (it is in studies in a lab purely as an anti-androgen). In which case - if finasteride and RU work on someone else, just imagine what CB would do?

Hypothetically - even if you are correct... CB is a lifesaver for anyone who is still early in hairloss. So I mean, it's all good either way.

Last edited:

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2022 isn’t that bad, but why r they taking so long? I means they already proved that it’s safe and much more effective than finastride. They would be at risk releasing it late, nobody knows what sort of treatments would be in the market 3 years from now.

Phatalis

Established Member
Reaction score
2022 isn’t that bad, but why r they taking so long? I means they already proved that it’s safe and much more effective than finastride. They would be at risk releasing it late, nobody knows what sort of treatments would be in the market 3 years from now.

They are trying to market it in the U.S. first. So they need to jump through a bunch of hoops first. Sucks man. I could wait for phase 3 results but I mean, idk... I think phase 3 is dosing?? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah it sucks man

Phatalis

Established Member
Reaction score

Hah, we do. Nothing. lol. There hasn't been sh*t in the last 10 years except this right here. 3 years is nothing. And nothing else is coming out in 3.

10? Different story.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So for those of you who are currently using this what's the best vehicle?

Star Trek fan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I only read the abstract and didn't purchase the full article and this question might have been asked before but how do people know that there are no side effects for this ? or side effects that are comparable to finasteride ?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
in use since 10 years here. im on it since 2years. maintenace only
hello @swingbeam I believe you when you say that all the stuff you're trying right now, equivalent to the entire GDP of an African country, only gives you maintenance. I've seen transgender people male to female that still continue losing hair after undergoing the nuclear option. So, everything is possible. Some people are born into this world with follicular DHT sensitivity over 9000.

what's the texture of your hair after applying CB? does it look ok, pasable? or really really terrible? Does it feel too greasy or super dry? Is it noticeable?

Thanks a lot

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I only read the abstract and didn't purchase the full article and this question might have been asked before but how do people know that there are no side effects for this ? or side effects that are comparable to finasteride ?
Something called reading. U should try it sometime.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone who has been losing hair for 20 years who ca nstill maintain on this is more a win than a loss. Like i said, not much regrowth will ever come for any anti-androgen. Dutasteride has already proven this. Maintaining for 20 years without side effects is an incredible treatment imo.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started with finasteride. either CB is as effective as finasteride and it will give regrowth to the majority of people or it won't and then it will fail commercially. there is just no way a topical solution that is less effective than finasteride and will not be available as a generic will be sold very well. people won't spend 1k or more per year and do tedious work of putting a topical on their head twice a day and then min too just to get worse results than with finasteride. this will completely blow up, think about it. so yeah. and in the studies a lot of people saw improvement even on the low dosage and that means regrowth. also the entire measurement of hair count is regrowth. so when you say it only gives maintenance you are grossly talking out of your ***. jajaja. also you are so old you would probably maintain without anything at this point. plus you are using CB only once a day and with RU which makes it completely unreliable

I don't think it will fail with just maintenance. Most people I know finasteride has not worked for, even my doctor thinks finasteride is a joke. So I think CB will find a market as something that actually maintains a bit more consistently. I know sides % on finasteride is small, but if even less then that's just a bonus. The fact that this forum is full of people trying to keep their hair despite finasteride being out for 20 years proves that there will be a market.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i finasteride is a joke something 30% more effective than finasteride that you have to apply twice a day is even more sh*t. I am diffusing on the entire top of my head in a NW6 pattern, it's a huge mess and VERY expensive to apply a topical twice a day. you will need doubt the amount which will cause 2k a year until generics come out. everyone has to do that or you will progressively thin out. you might just bald not he temples but if you want to maintain you have to apply it everywhere-with finasteride thats much easier. so no, I feel like financially this will be sh*t especially since their price will be over a thousand a year. who on earth would buy that for maintenance?

I would, but that's because I'm desperate and cost isn't that much of an issue for me right now. Only thing that's a turn off is having to apply a topical twice a day since my thinning wispy hair looks like sh*t when it's wet, oily and/or greasy. Have you tried RU before? I should probably use RU before trying CB.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it will fail with just maintenance. Most people I know finasteride has not worked for, even my doctor thinks finasteride is a joke. So I think CB will find a market as something that actually maintains a bit more consistently. I know sides % on finasteride is small, but if even less then that's just a bonus. The fact that this forum is full of people trying to keep their hair despite finasteride being out for 20 years proves that there will be a market.
actually i know 4-5 people who have used finasteride and it worked for all of them ( including me ) , some regrowth and increase in hair diameter of their existing hair .You see so many people here either because they have very aggressive hairloss , or because finasteride gave them sides.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i finasteride is a joke something 30% more effective than finasteride that you have to apply twice a day is even more sh*t. I am diffusing on the entire top of my head in a NW6 pattern, it's a huge mess and VERY expensive to apply a topical twice a day. you will need doubt the amount which will cause 2k a year until generics come out. everyone has to do that or you will progressively thin out. you might just bald not he temples but if you want to maintain you have to apply it everywhere-with finasteride thats much easier. so no, I feel like financially this will be sh*t especially since their price will be over a thousand a year. who on earth would buy that for maintenance?
I would pay that many times over for maintenance

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are also forgetting that a percentage of people will also take finasteride plus cb. Just like some take finasteride and minoxidil. Some will take minoxidil and cb as well. And some just cb.