CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

Ag87

Reaction score
I've been on it for 3 weeks and have noticed a modest decrease in shedding of about a third. It's purely anecdotal as I don't actually count them.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
what is a good dose?
Im using 2.5%. 2mL a day (50mg total). Wondering if that enough for cover top front of scalp/temples or if increasing concentration is better than increase sheer amt.

- - - Updated - - -

Less than a week on RU, I suspect I might be getting systemic sides. (75mg/day)
Really can't afford CB at all. Hope this passes. Eff this disease

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ugh, I am considering quitting RU. I know it's only been about 3.5 months, but my hair is completely going to sh*t, even worst than before. It seemed the shedding calmed, then today, I combed out 70 hairs in ONE morning. Not normal when you only have 30% density, if that. that's the equivalent of someone with normal density losing over 200 hairs in one morning... it's just not right. don't know if it's the RU or the 15% minoxidil, but sh*t is NOT working. don't know what the f*ck is wrong when NOTHING will work. absolutely nothing.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to give RU 6 months at least before i quit.. its quite expensive. Like you my hair is getting worse especially my hairline but i attribute this to quitting minoxidil.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have always noticed an increase in shedding when making adjustments to my regimen. It may well be that it isn't working for you but i think you need at least 6 months on a stable regimen before making any decisions. Before i was on treatments and had very aggressive balding i never visibly lost many hairs - or at least not at the level you're experiencing. I lost the most hairs when i actually started new treatments.

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
I just read something rather unsettling from the hairloss page on reddit. Someone evidently tested kanes setipiprant and it came back 60% pure.

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe it was just a bad batch.
I'm pretty sure I've had a couple of bad batches now. This Ru at 100mgs per day, I still get scalp sensations, itchiness and I'm pretty sure I'm still shedding. I get atleast 20 hairs + when showering.

So I don't even think it's working, I don't get any sides. What is setipiprant?

I'm so over this ****. Why can't they just find something already.

Is there anywhere else to get RU? Maybe I've bought **** batches of it.

Fullhead1day

Established Member
Reaction score
ugh, I am considering quitting RU. I know it's only been about 3.5 months, but my hair is completely going to sh*t, even worst than before. It seemed the shedding calmed, then today, I combed out 70 hairs in ONE morning. Not normal when you only have 30% density, if that. that's the equivalent of someone with normal density losing over 200 hairs in one morning... it's just not right. don't know if it's the RU or the 15% minoxidil, but sh*t is NOT working. don't know what the f*ck is wrong when NOTHING will work. absolutely nothing.
Give 8 more months to assess. Shedding is normal, it is part of the process.

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
I think we should start a gofundme to raise a couple hundred dollars to have a random batch of Kanes RU tested.

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
whats the deal with RU lately ??

a few years back there was a big hype and it seemed like a great thing that really works (to some degree at least.. probably wont get you back to NW0) ..
but now i hear a lot of people saying it basically doesnt ...

so whats the deal i ask ?

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
whats the deal with RU lately ??

a few years back there was a big hype and it seemed like a great thing that really works (to some degree at least.. probably wont get you back to NW0) ..
but now i hear a lot of people saying it basically doesnt ...

so whats the deal i ask ?

It works great for me. But it can also cause side effects. So I have to limit the doses to keep sides away. Also = less results.

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
what kind of side effects ?

I'm a little indifferent with RU. I have days where I think it's working and days where I think I'm wasting money. The side effects I had was check pain and slight ED, then again I was using too much. Once I appropriately lowered my dosage these sides subsided. It's amazing to look a Hellousers success and that other guy who seems like he went into the witness protection program.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i stopped using minoxidil a month and two weeks ago do you guys think i will still how hair gains since i began RU a month and 16 days ago?

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really think we should band together and test the purity of Kanes RU... When he's least suspects it!
How do we get it tested? How much does it cost?

Marky9829

Reaction score
Hi I am looking to add RU to my regime of Dutasteride and a minoxidil lotion. My question is, is the ready mixed stuff on the Kane's website any good?

i don't like the idea of making my own RU lotion, plus I haven't got a clue how to do it.

does anywhere else sell ready mixed RU I'm in the UK

thabks

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi I am looking to add RU to my regime of Dutasteride and a minoxidil lotion. My question is, is the ready mixed stuff on the Kane's website any good?

i don't like the idea of making my own RU lotion, plus I haven't got a clue how to do it.

does anywhere else sell ready mixed RU I'm in the UK

thabks

Yeah it's good I've used it. Powder is better value for money tho. I literally just weigh it, dump it into loreal serioxyl. That's all there is too it!

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do we get it tested? How much does it cost?

Already been tested multiple times. I know it's legit from the side effects - if I use too high of a concentration, my heart rate notably increases. Everyone is asking things like, "will finasteride give me my hair back", "will RU provide regrowth", "I quit minoxidil and started so and so, what should I expect"... let me make one thing PERFECTLY CLEAR -

TRY ANYTHING YOU WANT, EXPECT NOTHING... That is the only way you won't be let down. THAT is the only reality. For hair loss we have a limited amount of compounds to try. You REALLY think finasteride has like a 90% success rate. BULL****. finasteride is garbage, RU might be garbage, minoxidil is probably garbage. try them all and see if you're lucky.