Buzzed my hair(Two week pics on last page)

G

I_Hate_DHT said:
bubka said:
no way, most people cut their hair shorter when it gets thinner

have you ever wondered why women get shorter haircuts as they age? its because their hair is thinner, and its very noticeable when longer, thus the change

sure there is a happy medium in there, where too short is more noticeable, but shorter makes it look thicker PERIOD

that's plain and utter bullshit.

actually it's not that hard to understand why. if you have 8 inch hair and a huge baldspot in back, the contrast will be much greater than if you had 1/2 inch hair.

G

GrowHairGrow! said:
Dude, you're perfectly fine... you still got more coverage than I. My buzz looks ok in normal/dark lightning, but the scalp shows through when under a bright light. I'm not that desperate about it, though... it's just the way it is, I'm going bald and that's that. Would be great if finasteride slowed it down but if it doesn't, I just have to get over it. But nevertheless, you look good. And if you don't like it, it will grow back in no time.

thanks man. do you think i would look ok with hair your length or with a shaved head?

G

JayMan said:
GrowHairGrow! said:
Dude, you're perfectly fine... you still got more coverage than I. My buzz looks ok in normal/dark lightning, but the scalp shows through when under a bright light. I'm not that desperate about it, though... it's just the way it is, I'm going bald and that's that. Would be great if finasteride slowed it down but if it doesn't, I just have to get over it. But nevertheless, you look good. And if you don't like it, it will grow back in no time.

thanks man. do you think i would look ok with hair your length or with a shaved head?

Hmm, there really isn't a good picture of your skull shape but it looks like you got way better shape than I, so you should be fine. Can't be sure how good your head shape actually is, though.

G

maybe i will try it next year after some regrowth. at 1/2 inch a month it would only take 30 days of hell to get back to where i am now. hah.

bubka

Reaction score
I_Hate_DHT said:
bubka said:
no way, most people cut their hair shorter when it gets thinner

have you ever wondered why women get shorter haircuts as they age? its because their hair is thinner, and its very noticeable when longer, thus the change

sure there is a happy medium in there, where too short is more noticeable, but shorter makes it look thicker PERIOD

that's plain and utter bullshit.
lol, whatever dude, you are right, women cut their hair shorter when they get older because it is stylish, you are a freaking moron

bubka

Reaction score
what a complete idiot, ask any freaking hairdresser or whatever who does womens hair, women get their hair cut shorter when they age because it thins out, that why they do that perm thing as well...

shorter hair in women prevents them from showing the wide part of the diffuse thinning that they experience at older age

Angie #7

Reaction score
Coming from a FREAKING HAIRDRESSER, women usually cut their short when they get older because it is more flattering to face. There is nothing more unattractive than a woman in her 60's with long hair, especially if its grey to boot, all she needs is a broom!! But I do have women, especially of Italian decent for some reason that have profuse thinning in the vertex area. Here you are right, shorter hair gives the ILLUSION of the hair looking fuller and seems to cover more area. Also if you cut the hair too short, you can expose the thinning area, so you need to find someone who knows what they are doing when dealing with thinning hair.

G

Angie, how do you think my hair will look at 1 inch all over?

Also, who is that in your avatar?

Also, how are your son and other boys doing on their regimens?

Angie #7

Reaction score
Jayman: I think 1inch all over would be good. Your pics with longer hair show that your hair is fine in texture, but you do have alot of it. 1 inch will give you better scalp coverage, and I do have one tip, when your hair is a bit longer, always blowdry. Make sure the blowdryer is on warm or cool so you do not heat damage your hair. When you do the top rub your hand on your head in a circular motion. This will create a little volume and fill in any spots that are sparse. If your a putty guy,do this next it will add a little more texture, and your good to go. This is all if you have the time, or a hot date of course.
The avatar? Isn't she freak'n cute! I have no idea who she is, she caught my eye because this a website dealing with hair, and her hair is similiar to my own.
As for my experiment, its only 15 days in. My son is starting to shed a bit more from the xanadrox, but I have to say it looks more dense.The other boys have noticed nothing yet. Although the one on propecia experiences frequent headaches.
I meant to ask you, why did you switch so fast from propecia to avadart?
Were you experiencing side effects?

G

Angie #7 said:
Jayman: I think 1inch all over would be good. Your pics with longer hair show that your hair is fine in texture, but you do have alot of it. 1 inch will give you better scalp coverage, and I do have one tip, when your hair is a bit longer, always blowdry. Make sure the blowdryer is on warm or cool so you do not heat damage your hair. When you do the top rub your hand on your head in a circular motion. This will create a little volume and fill in any spots that are sparse. If your a putty guy,do this next it will add a little more texture, and your good to go. This is all if you have the time, or a hot date of course.

Yeah, I'm kind of a lazy kid, so I think I'll pass on the blowdrying, no offense. I've never done it before-always been a a towel-dry in 10 seconds after getting out of the shower kinda person.

Yeah my hair is of a very fine texture, and always has been, just genetic I guess.

The avatar? Isn't she freak'n cute! I have no idea who she is, she caught my eye because this a website dealing with hair, and her hair is similiar to my own.

Ah I see, cool.

As for my experiment, its only 15 days in. My son is starting to shed a bit more from the xanadrox, but I have to say it looks more dense.The other boys have noticed nothing yet. Although the one on propecia experiences frequent headaches.
I meant to ask you, why did you switch so fast from propecia to avadart?
Were you experiencing side effects?

Yeah it's normal to shed from the minoxidil. His hair should improve in time. What Norwood would you say he is?

No sides from the Propecia. Avodart just gives 50% more regrowth and better long-term maintenance so I wanted to switch to it to fill in that thinning area on my vertex that you can see I have with longer hair. My hair hasn't gotten any worse but am still getting regrowth. I've only been on it two months though and my hair loss is somewhat early I guess, so chances are there is regrowth in my future. I've never tried minoxidil but I think I will add it to my regimen if I am not satisfied with Avodart alone after a year.

Good luck to your men.

Angie #7

Reaction score
I use to think Tyler was a 2.5 when I first started researching everything and I was really upset and in freak out mode. Now that I'm become more experienced and calmed down, I'd say he is somewhere past a Nor.1 and not quite a full Nor.2. Both Tyler and I would be happy if he just can stay at this stage and regain some thickness. It would also be nice to see the vertex begin growing at a more normal rate if that is possible.

G

Angie #7 said:
I use to think Tyler was a 2.5 when I first started researching everything and I was really upset and in freak out mode. Now that I'm become more experienced and calmed down, I'd say he is somewhere past a Nor.1 and not quite a full Nor.2. Both Tyler and I would be happy if he just can stay at this stage and regain some thickness. It would also be nice to see the vertex begin growing at a more normal rate if that is possible.

Well minoxidil will work the best on the vertex supposedly. It will work on the front and sometimes on the hairline but typically not as well. I forgot how old he is but once he hits 18 you have to put him on Propecia so he can maintain.

Would you say Tyler is about where I am in terms of hair loss?

Angie #7

Reaction score
I went back in and had a look at your pics. Its hard to tell, but I would say Tyler has definetly more recession in the temples than you. Your facial shapes are different, you have a broader forhead so it doesn't look like you have alot of temple recession. Tyler has a narrow forhead and it looks like he has a little island starting in the middle of his forhead(for lack of better words). He is at a friends house tonight, but I'm definetly going to take pictures on the weekend and try to post them so you can see. I'm definetly going to push him towards the propecia when he turns 18. Thats why I started the experiment, this way he has someone he knows that been on it.
Looking at your pics again, your not that bad in male pattern baldness. The flash on your digital makes your top look thin, but your webcam pic shows a different story. Very deceiving.
I would have liked to see what the very front of your hair looked like when it was long, its cut off in the picture, because dude, its not that bad.

G

I see what you're saying Angie.

Here's pics of the front of my hair when it's long. Most of them are with my hair wet and combed back to show it at its worst. I never wear it combed back, most of the time about half-spiked up in front when it's long.

Combed forward:

Overhead view(messy wet hair):

Frontal view:

Left temple:

Right temple:

Hairline straight on:

I think I have the beginnings of an island formation but it's hard to tell from pic to pic. One of my temples is clearly more receded than the other which makes my hairline look REALLY stupid.

CCS

Reaction score
I keep my hair short to 1 inch, but I've noticed a lot of guys with frontal thinning grow the front and middle out long and comb it all forward over their forhead so you can't see any of the thinning. I wonder if I should do that. But I hate long hair. My short hair is just so easy to manage, and i don't look horible with my grafts, though they are noticably thin compared to the hair behind them.

G

how do you think i should style mine college? 2 inches+ like in pics above or should I keep it inch or below?

Angie #7

Reaction score
Jayman: I think you are lucky that you have a high hairline. It still looks intact. My son has a lower hairline in the center and it makes the "island" more pronounced. The look chemistry was talking about with the hair all combed forward is very popular right now, that is how I cut Tylers when his longer hair was falling out and too hard to piece together. It made it look much thicker and this is still how he wears it now but the sides and back have really grown since I cut it in September. I used a No.1 blade gaurd on the sides and back and left it index finger thickness (girls finger) on top. Problem is now it is getting harder to style and the only advantage he has, is I do his hair for him everyday before he goes to school.
As soon as he has his school pics done on Monday, I'm going to cut it down.

Angie #7

Reaction score
College Chemistry Student: Do you have any pics of what your hair looks like? The combing forward style is pretty easy to manage if its not too long, you do need to use some putty to comb it forward, then either spike the bangs or let the front just lay there if you do not have too much pronounced temple recession.

G

Angie #7 said:
Jayman: I think you are lucky that you have a high hairline. It still looks intact. My son has a lower hairline in the center and it makes the "island" more pronounced. The look chemistry was talking about with the hair all combed forward is very popular right now, that is how I cut Tylers when his longer hair was falling out and too hard to piece together. It made it look much thicker and this is still how he wears it now but the sides and back have really grown since I cut it in September. I used a No.1 blade gaurd on the sides and back and left it index finger thickness (girls finger) on top. Problem is now it is getting harder to style and the only advantage he has, is I do his hair for him everyday before he goes to school.
As soon as he has his school pics done on Monday, I'm going to cut it down.

thats prob a good idea. yeah my hairline is somewhat high but maybe even average i think. the center is 2.25 inches above the eyebrows. tyler may just have a lower than average one that is closer to his eyebrows.

speaking as a hairdresser, do you think mine looks good combed forward or no? my hair is kinda thin so I'm not sure if it does. i do have a lot left but it is very fine. i don't really use gel in it. i just wet it and comb forward.