Buzzed my hair(Two week pics on last page)

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i remember when my best friend shaved his head for the first time...he did it to look cool though, not for hair loss. it was around the time mr and mrs smith came out and brad pitt had the shaved look so my friend went for it...haha ill never forget when he was staring in the mirror with a bright light shining on his head and he llooked like he was gonna cry and kept saying "OMG DUDE IM GOING BALD" "LOOK AT THIS! ITS LIKE I HAVE PLUGS"

needless to say he def wasnt going bald, and hes got awesome hair two years later..its just how the light hits it, its strange...

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
If your sides and back look the same as the top (you can’t tell from the pictures), then you’re alright, and it’s just low hair density.

Don’t wear a cap, at least for a few days, and try to see the reaction of people.

When I first buzzed my hair I didn´t like it and I thought that no girl will even look at me, but after a few days I realized that I drew more attention to woman with my buzzed cut (or maybe it’s because they think I’m an alien)

G

docj077 said:
Your hair is not naturally dense enough for it to be cut that short. It looks that way when you shave it, because you just don't have the coverage for it.

It would have looked that way whether you were balding or not.

So does it look as bad as I think it does?

I realy thought it would look better if i wasn't balding because the whole frontal area looks that way because I'm diffuse I thought. I swear when I first buzzed it I thought I was a Norwood 6 because the sides and back looked so much different.

What Norwood would you guys say I am now?

Like if you guys saw me on the street without knowing who I am would you look at my hair and say I'm balding? Or would you say that I was just born without good hair coverage?

G

Strat54 said:
If your sides and back look the same as the top (you can’t tell from the pictures), then you’re alright, and it’s just low hair density.

Don’t wear a cap, at least for a few days, and try to see the reaction of people.

When I first buzzed my hair I didn´t like it and I thought that no girl will even look at me, but after a few days I realized that I drew more attention to woman with my buzzed cut (or maybe it’s because they think I’m an alien)

No my sides and back look a bit thicker I feel like. But maybe it's the way they are growing. I know the bottom of the back of my head I can see a ton of scalp too so maybe it was just the way it was cut? Like I see a ton of scalp on the back and not just in the crown. It's just scalpy all over.

CCS

Reaction score
he is at least half an inch. probably 2/3. the guy in the pic.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude i don't understand how u could be a Norwood 6 that makes no sense, Norwood 6 is severe recession with almost completele bald on top right? You're a Norwood 2 at the most, with pics from before showing a slight crown thinning, but it wont be as obvious now especially to the average person.

Most people's hair looks like that when it's buzzed especially with light shining on it! There's this guy in my lectures i see who doesn't have male pattern baldness but u can see his scalp all over his head, the same back/sides/top/crown/front and his hair is probably 3/4 inch, and there's MANY people like that. Don't worry dude i rekkon it looks fine, ur just paranoid coz ur shocked because it didn't look how u expected it to.

RP

Established Member
Reaction score
You did exactly the same thing as I did two and half months since starting finasteride. And if you check the other threads (which you propably already have) you`ll find out that there are also other people who have done the same.

I guess most people who shave their head freak out at the beginning. At least I did. I had shed from finasteride, but now that I have regrown some hair and I`m once again able to comb my hair the way I have for ten years or so I`m starting to feel ok about it.

If it makes any difference your hair will grow back in a month or two plus you might have regrown some shed hairs by that time...

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
he is at least half an inch. probably 2/3. the guy in the pic.

thanks for the info college.

what do you thinkof my buzz? can yuou tell im balding? iw as eagerly awaiting your opinion on it.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Looks fine to me. I'm sure part of the reason for the "scalpiness" you describe is the flash hitting your top head-on.

I wouldn't give it a second thought...

G

hairwegoagain said:
Looks fine to me. I'm sure part of the reason for the "scalpiness" you describe is the flash hitting your top head-on.

I wouldn't give it a second thought...

yeah i forgot how bad a flash can make hair look.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
So why not turn the flash off and snap a few in normal, ambient light? I imagine the results will be similar to the webcam.

Or, even better, throw the camera out the window and don't worry about it.

G

hairwegoagain said:
So why not turn the flash off and snap a few in normal, ambient light? I imagine the results will be similar to the webcam.

Or, even better, throw the camera out the window and don't worry about it.

Here are three shots with no flash. Lemme know if you can tell I'm balding. It just looks a little bit like the diffuse is showing in the front. Thanks man. and thanks everyone.

jfglover

Reaction score
Yeah.. don't worry about that. Give it 2 weeks and you will probably like it much better. You just got it shaved too far down.

I got my shaved for the 1st time 2 weeks ago and loved it. Of course I didn't bring it down that far. But, its been a dream for getting ready in the morning, etc...

JG

jfglover

Reaction score
oh... its just maybe 3/4 an inch long... thats with growth of about week and half on it. I did it right after the TX/OU game... so its probably grown 1/8 an inch since then?

I'll definantly have to redo it this weekend I think. So... what ever length it is then... I'll tell them to take it down 2 weeks.

My buddy actually did it. I'll ask him what guard he used? I'm wanting to say something like 3....?

JG

G

i hope he didnt use a 3 haha. the barber used a 4 guard on me and it was 1/2 inch, the length it is in my pics. i think 3/4 is a 6 guard for my barber, with 7/8 being a 7 guard and 8/8=1 inch being an 8 guard. 1 guard is 1/8th and a 0 guard is stubble. numbers do vary from clipper to clipper though

jfglover

Reaction score
ok... Yeah you got it cut 1/2 inch. Just a little longer than that. So somewhere between there and 3/4 inch and you should be much happier with it.

JG

G

thanks. were you able to see scalp on your front too when you cut it or no?

jfglover

Reaction score
Ok... yeah. I just did the math. I probably had a 5 guard? I wasn't able to really see it. Yours definantly was cut shorter.

Although... I'm able to notice some thining of hair ( not receeding of hairline ) from the corners going back. Like eventually some day I will have receeded horns into my hair line.

I'm not taking anything yet. And plan on it. Looking at some stuff from CCS. I just don't want to go through a shed or anything like that. Cus if it stayed the way it was I'd be happy. Don't get me wrong. I'd like to add just little hair lines and temple hair.

JG

CCS

Reaction score
looks good. Just grow the top out another 1/3 inch and it will be perfect. good as it is, though. Yeah, I can tell you are diffusing a bit, but it does not look bad. No one will care about that. Welcome to the buzz cut. I think you will like it a lot better than all that gel once you experience a few days of it. Easier showers, less shampoo, faster drying, no brushing, not jell, looks good. I love not brushing or worrying about wind. I also like not getting hair in my eyes in the pool.