Brotzu Lotion (trinov) Progress Pictures And Diary

Gunner89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Starting to notice that this probably thinned my hairline out and/or caused further recession in the nearly 6 weeks I've been using it (was using it twice per day for most of that time, exclusively on the temple/frontal hairline area). I don't know how it did it - it's not like I noticed a huge increased in shedding in the shower, but it definitely looks like my hairline has thinned out and gone further back about 1/8-1/4 of an inch.

My experience with Trinov has been very similar. The increase of shedding is very worrying and from what I’ve read so far it comes and goes very frequently. For every positive review I hear about Trinov there’s about 9 negative reviews. I know it’s early days but I’m starting to lose hope that this will do more good then bad.

Drogedagh

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some new black dots started to appear, they never been there before

Attachments

• new.png
    new.png
    542.4 KB · Views: 981
Last edited:

nrac

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using Trinov for almost 2 months now so thought Id give an update:

Shedding
I observe a clear reduction in shedding. I used to lose 7-10 hairs when styling my hair, now I lose about 2-3 on average. It has been like this since day 5 or so. Recently, I even had a couple of days where I didnt observe losing a single hair in the shower or when styling. Of course, it is hard to say if this is seasonal or attributed to trinov.

Scalp health
My scalp feels about the same as before I started, some days its itchy and some days not.

Regrowth
Its hard to say whether there has been any regrowth. The biggest difference is that some of the miniaturized hair on my hairline have gone from 1 cm max to 2-3 cms - it seems like they have started growing again! As a result, my hair looks slightly fuller. I observe the same thing around the crown, and will be monitoring this closely.

Hair - general
Aesthetically, my hair looks pretty good now. I actually apply Trinov in the morning and let it stay in all day. For me it almost works like a styling product (it makes my messy hair a bit more controllable).

Since I started Trinov I have gotten 3 compliments from separate people that my hair looks good, and I literally havent changed anything else.

Conclusion
I am cautiously optimistic that this product actually works, at least for maintenance and probably for regrowth as well.

By the way, I am not using anything else.

Test subject X

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Shedding
I observe a clear reduction in shedding. I used to lose 7-10 hairs when styling my hair, now I lose about 2-3 on average. It has been like this since day 5 or so. Recently, I even had a couple of days where I didnt observe losing a single hair in the shower or when styling. Of course, it is hard to say if this is seasonal or attributed to trinov.

Scalp health
My scalp feels about the same as before I started, some days its itchy and some days not.

Regrowth
Its hard to say whether there has been any regrowth. The biggest difference is that some of the miniaturized hair on my hairline have gone from 1 cm max to 2-3 cms - it seems like they have started growing again! As a result, my hair looks slightly fuller. I observe the same thing around the crown, and will be monitoring this closely.

Hair - general
Aesthetically, my hair looks pretty good now. I actually apply Trinov in the morning and let it stay in all day. For me it almost works like a styling product (it makes my messy hair a bit more controllable).

Since I started Trinov I have gotten 3 compliments from separate people that my hair looks good, and I literally havent changed anything else.

Conclusion
I am cautiously optimistic that this product actually works, at least for maintenance and probably for regrowth as well.

Thanks for the update. I'm also exactly two months in and I will second everything you wrote. I might add that the scalp is less itch than before. Also, Im experiencing the same with minaturazed hair. 1-2cm hair on the hair line is becoming longer 3-4 cm. I was puzzled at first think that my hairline is recceding further. I cant say that there are any noticeable new hairs.

Another thing as mentioned by a few members here and other forums if I apply it before sleeping I toss and turn during sleep and wake up alot. So I started applying right after work. The problem went away. I got my bloods done too. ill let you know if anything shows off

CapiLarry

Reaction score
Me too - I'm about 7 weeks in.

My shedding is virtually none and instead of losing lots of small miniaturized hairs as I did before, now I lose a few terminal hairs. My pillow case which used to be covered in hair has barely any on it even after a couple of weeks of use.

I had stopped minoxidil about 3 months before starting trinov. I was going through a massive shed. It was nuts! easily a dozen hairs would fall out everytime I touched my hair. I had an insane itch which seemed like a constant cruel reminder - 'buddy you're going bald'. I don't experience any itching these days. It's much easier to forget about my hair and I feel generally more at ease as a result. That shedding stopped in its tracks about a week into trinov.

I can't say whether I've had regrowth or not. I try not to look at my hair obsessively because it fills me with anxiety followed by a sense of ridiculousness for being so vain. But I took a look now and there seems to be a light black fuzz on my temples going down to my juvenile hairline. I don't think it was there previously but like I said -- I've tried to not become obsessive.

Noone has said anything about my hair that rings a bell. At the same time, I've always got a lot of comments on my hair because it's curly, unruly and generally looks like I'm battling an unseen van de graaff.

I have used slightly over 3 bottles in 7 weeks so I guess I average a little over 1.5ml/day.

Here's to hoping that the next few months yield some cosmetic improvement

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Shedding

Scalp health

Regrowth

Hair - general

Conclusion

I want to believe so badly that you're a real user and not a Fidia employee. The reason why I say this is because your one and only post is an incredibly detailed review that is nothing but positive.

nrac

My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to believe so badly that you're a real user and not a Fidia employee. The reason why I say this is because your one and only post is an incredibly detailed review that is nothing but positive.

How is it nothing but positive? I said that my itch wasnt reduced (which is a bit disappointing) and that I cannot say if there has been any regrowth.

If you want more negativity I might add that:

- The packaging might look good, but apart from that it's garbage.
- The Trinov-study was horribly designed (the sample is far from representative and the research design is lackluster on every level), and I wouldn't use this largely untested product if I weren't slightly desperate.

This was my first post because I haven't had anything useful to post earlier as this is my first hair loss treatment. I'm not the kind who gets into arguments with randoms on forums for fun ("dis is snake oil", "no u r snake oil" etc)

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is it nothing but positive? I said that my itch wasnt reduced (which is a bit disappointing) and that I cannot say if there has been any regrowth.

If you want more negativity I might add that:

- The packaging might look good, but apart from that it's garbage.
- The Trinov-study was horribly designed (the sample is far from representative and the research design is lackluster on every level), and I wouldn't use this largely untested product if I weren't slightly desperate.

This was my first post because I haven't had anything useful to post earlier as this is my first hair loss treatment. I'm not the kind who gets into arguments with randoms on forums for fun ("dis is snake oil", "no u r snake oil" etc)

Ok fair enough. I hope to get the same results as you, as all I'm really realistically hoping for is a significant reduction in shedding. I also agree that the packaging is a joke. They could probably reduce the cost by eliminating the fancy box/packaging.

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there's a pretty strong trend that shows any product that actually does anything will cause a shed. Miniturizing hairs always seem to shed before they start deminiturizing.

You don't tend to get hairs with thin tips and fat roots, it sheds first and grows back thicker.

Though I have to say, I've not had a shed.

Real sh*t shedding is inevitable I think with any good treatment .. how omanny weeks you been on it ? This is my 3rdweek and now my frontal area shed a bit but other hairs are feeling stronger and scalp health better but definitely my front has thinned and looks worse so hopefully this is positive

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Janko can you track down what person on that forum makes their homemade brotzu? If you could track him down we should see if we could just purchase his own created stuff. I’m still trying to be optimistic on this trinov. Heads up people
It's on the regrow bros forum. But yeah eveyrone there using the homemade and reporting positive results

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Starting to notice that this probably thinned my hairline out and/or caused further recession in the nearly 6 weeks I've been using it (was using it twice per day for most of that time, exclusively on the temple/frontal hairline area). I don't know how it did it - it's not like I noticed a huge increased in shedding in the shower, but it definitely looks like my hairline has thinned out and gone further back about 1/8-1/4 of an inch.

Word I'm a diffuser and so my frontal area is looking thinner now too but it wasn't a drastic and noticeable shed Infact shedding has gone down and exisisting hairs besides front feel stronger and scalp feels stronger. Hopefully it's positive

MaestroTR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are people who report sexual side effects, i got already sides from minoxidil (bloated face, dark circles) and Propecia (many sides while having a huge regrwoth, had to drop it anyway) so i feel like i will be in the minorty who get sides from Trinov too. sh*t.

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm on trinov for 2 months now, no sides and no shed at all. I even stop using topical seti for 2 months and noticed no shedding at all. I will be starting my topical seti again, just to see if it will help with the progress. I think I'm getting some regrowth but its hard to tell at this point.

Here's my regimen
topical seti twice daily.
topical saldore twice daily at .5%
trinov once daily
microneedling 1.5 once a week.

Zwillard90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Word I'm a diffuser and so my frontal area is looking thinner now too but it wasn't a drastic and noticeable shed Infact shedding has gone down and exisisting hairs besides front feel stronger and scalp feels stronger. Hopefully it's positive

Let’s get a homage version then. Anybody down?

est_sunshine

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve just hit 6 weeks and I think the shedding has slowed. There are definitely also a few new shorter hairs at the front and slightly more density overall. Finally a bit of improvement! Still early days I know, I’m excited to see what could happen in 6 months. I’m also doing irestore laser every 2nd day and dermapen once a week.