Bodybuilders?

SE-freak

Reaction score
losin_it said:
I think those things will help your self esteem way more than any hair loss drugs can, at least until a much better method for hair loss comes along.

Or until your girlfriend dumps you or you get fired. Do not build your self esteem towers on any kind of relationship. You have to stand by yourself. Alone.

sl

Established Member
Reaction score
If taking Proscar is there more chances of getting acne. And also would B5 help?

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
losin_it said:
ALL STEROIDS HAVE A NEGATIVE EFFECT ON THE ENDOCRINE SYSTEM and HAIR LOSS!!!! There is no safer steroid than another if you are genetically predisposed to hair loss and it doesnt matter how long your cycle is or how much you are taking because ANY amount of test delivered from an outside source will shut down your own natural production of testosterone. It doesnt matter if its Propinate, Anavar, Winny, etc.

Winny and Primobolan may or may not be effected by finasteride, so far its all guesses. Some say Winny and Primo are synthesized from DHT so the way the body metabolizes those compounds may not have negative effects on hair, so you wouldnt even need finasteride anyway, others say, why take the chance and promote still taking propecia. Still others say, the combination of both finasteride and Winny/Primo will make your hair worse.

What is important to remember is when your dealing with steroids there is a price to pay, either now or later. Im not slagging their use but clearly some of you need to read more about juice instead of just shooting it into your rears the first chance you get.

Sorry but you are just wrong in saying that no steroid is SAFER than another.

No steroid is 100% safe but some are certainly much safer than others depending on their androgenetic/anabolic ratio.

Also you seem to be confusing HPTA shutdown with hairloss which is an entirely seperate issue.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
losin_it said:
global said:
I use steroids % believe it has had minimal impact on my hair. However i always follow these rules:

1. Low doses
2. Short cycles
3. Only use anavar which has virtually no impact on hair and test which I block with dutasteride (normally use 0.5mg/day but when on steroids increase to 1.5mg/day)

An Anavar only cycle? Sorry bro but thats a terrible cycle if thats all your taking.

Actually it depends on your goals, an anavar only cycle is in fact perfectly adequate for a cutting cycle.

For bulking I said I use anavar AND test. Obviously I am aware this is not the best bulking stack but I deliberatley limit myself for the sake of my hair, nevertheless I can still get good results.

Clearly you need to read more about juice instead of just shooting it into your rear the first chance you get "bro".

losin_it

Reaction score
Reread my post.

If a person is concerned about their hair loss, what steroid would you recommend to that person that wont have an negative effect on it? If a person doesnt want to lose their hair any worse than they already are there is no safer steroid than another. It all depends on their own genetic roadmap to balding.

What steroid doesnt effect your hpta? You are right about some being more anabolic or androgenic than others but all of them will effect your endocrine system in a negative way.

Anavar profile:Oxandrolone also has little effect, (doesnt mean no effect) on the body's own natural hormone production. The negative feedback was found to be very minor, (but still there).
Your reading some steroid profiles on the net and your assuming that thats the way it works for everyone but thats not how it works in reality for everyone.

Didnt see the test part of your post, I apologize. I know Anavar barely aromitizes so it would probably make it a good drug to use in a cutting cycle. I just thought thats all you were taking.

My answers are always on the safe side. I would never recomend anyone to take steroids if they are worried about losing their hair. You think that short low dose cycles of Anavar and test is fine and dandy for anyone. Thats fine, I'd rather the potential user know that anything is possible.

I wish this forum had a spellcheck, I hate coming back here trying to correct all my typing errors.

losin_it

Reaction score
SE-freak said:
[quote="losin_it":13282]I think those things will help your self esteem way more than any hair loss drugs can, at least until a much better method for hair loss comes along.

Or until your girlfriend dumps you or you get fired. Do not build your self esteem towers on any kind of relationship. You have to stand by yourself. Alone.[/quote:13282]

You misunderstood what I meant. If you had poor self esteem you probably would wouldnt have a girlfriend or a good job to begin with, so your right it all starts with you. Thats why I mentioned training, eating right, going to school, so your healthy in mind, body and spirit. Everything like a good job and an awsome girlfrind/boyfriend follow right after all that.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The large majority of body builders are homosexual, obviously there are some straight 'muscle marys' out there, but the overwhelming majority are 'nut knockers'

just my 2p

losin_it

Reaction score
Radio said:
The large majority of body builders are homosexual, obviously there are some straight 'muscle marys' out there, but the overwhelming majority are 'nut knockers'

just my 2p

...and you obviously know this from personal experience sucking dick backstage. :roll:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
How did he know Radio performed on-stage?

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

HairLossTalk.com

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
losin_it said:
...and you obviously know this from personal experience sucking dick backstage. :roll:

Yes, as it happens, not exactly sucking dick, but I met my last boyfriend at an amatuer BB meet and he has told me (and I have since seen) that at least half of all body builders are fairies.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
losin_it said:
Reread my post.

If a person is concerned about their hair loss, what steroid would you recommend to that person that wont have an negative effect on it? If a person doesnt want to lose their hair any worse than they already are there is no safer steroid than another. It all depends on their own genetic roadmap to balding.

What steroid doesnt effect your hpta? You are right about some being more anabolic or androgenic than others but all of them will effect your endocrine system in a negative way.

Anavar profile:Oxandrolone also has little effect, (doesnt mean no effect) on the body's own natural hormone production. The negative feedback was found to be very minor, (but still there).
Your reading some steroid profiles on the net and your assuming that thats the way it works for everyone but thats not how it works in reality for everyone.

Didnt see the test part of your post, I apologize. I know Anavar barely aromitizes so it would probably make it a good drug to use in a cutting cycle. I just thought thats all you were taking.

My answers are always on the safe side. I would never recomend anyone to take steroids if they are worried about losing their hair. You think that short low dose cycles of Anavar and test is fine and dandy for anyone. Thats fine, I'd rather the potential user know that anything is possible.

I wish this forum had a spellcheck, I hate coming back here trying to correct all my typing errors.

Reread my post.

I didn't recommend any particular steroids to anyone, I said that low dose test + anavar has had minimal impact on MY hair.

If a person is already losing hair obviously the safest option is not to use ANY steroids, but again I disagree that there is NO difference between any of the steroids and their potential for harm to hair.

Any steroid with a high androgenetic effect will bind to androgen receptors more strongly in the hair follicle and therefore cause more hair loss than a steroid with a low androgenetic profile.

Anavar has a the lowest androgenetic profile of all steroids and therefore causes the least androgenetic side effects, not just hairloss, but less acne, hair growth etc. But I do not claim it will cause no hair loss in anyone.

Again, I did not say that anavar will not affect HPTA, it will, however HPTA suppression has nothing to do with hairloss.

You are right though when you say that the potential user should know that anything can happen.

losin_it

Reaction score
[quote="global

Reread my post.

I didn't recommend any particular steroids to anyone, I said that low dose test + anavar has had minimal impact on MY hair.

If a person is already losing hair obviously the safest option is not to use ANY steroids, but again I disagree that there is NO difference between any of the steroids and their potential for harm to hair.

Any steroid with a high androgenetic effect will bind to androgen receptors more strongly in the hair follicle and therefore cause more hair loss than a steroid with a low androgenetic profile.

Anavar has a the lowest androgenetic profile of all steroids and therefore causes the least androgenetic side effects, not just hairloss, but less acne, hair growth etc. But I do not claim it will cause no hair loss in anyone.

Winny profile: Strong gains are never really made while using stanozolol (it's a weak androgen since it has no 3-keto group needed for androgen binding) Winny is a weak androgen but how do you explain all the men that have complained about extensive hairloss while on it. Some saying the hair loss was worse than taking testosterone.

Again, I did not say that anavar will not affect HPTA, it will, however HPTA suppression has nothing to do with hairloss. Agreed

You are right though when you say that the potential user should know that anything can happen.[/quote]

Fair enough. Good luck[/b]

user1234

Reaction score
I found that about 2-3 years after I stopped using seroids (d-bol 6 weeks on 12 weeks off for about 2 years) that my hairloss started. maybe I didn't see hairloss like lots of other users because my use started at a young age and I quit at a young age, I didn't start to see hairs fall out till about the age of 24, I've just turned 25 now. and my steroid use ended at age 21, I still lift w/o the steroids and I've noticed that my hairloss has slowed down since I've gotten back into the gym after a 1 year lay off.

on a side note I've been on propecia and nizoral for almost 4 months and I've noticed a big slowdown in the rate that my hair is falling out, but I've had a few bad days where it seems like I lose more than 150 hairs / day but the more I think about it I dbout I am.

triton2

Established Member
Reaction score
losin_it said:
Winny profile: Strong gains are never really made while using stanozolol (it's a weak androgen since it has no 3-keto group needed for androgen binding) Winny is a weak androgen but how do you explain all the men that have complained about extensive hairloss while on it. Some saying the hair loss was worse than taking testosterone.

When you say "it's a weak androgen", what do you mean? Do you mean it has a low anabolic/androgenic ratio or do you mean it has a low AR binding affinity?
If we judge it in terms of anabolic/androgenic ratio there's no doubt that stanozolol (aka winstrol) is a great AAS with a very high dissociation index between anabolic and androgenic properties, in fact, it's about 30/1 (1). How can we explain then that an AAS with such a mild androgenic profile seems to be so harsh on the scalp? From my point of view, there might be the following explanations:

1) All those claims that winnie is harsh on the hair follicle don't come to us through scientific data, but rather through anectodal reports. Given their subjective nature, these anectodal reports might very well be just a bunch of bullshit/lies/misinterpretations; however, they might also be entirely true. We just don't know for sure (we can't).

2) In order to meaure a steroid's anabolic/androgenic ratio the method followed consisted of comparing the weight increases in ventral prostates of castrated rats versus the weitght of their levator ani muscle. On the one hand, these results might not be extrapolable to humans, on the other, measuring anabolic activity by means of weighing levator ani muscle is a method that has been strongly critizised. What I really mean is that the 30/1 figure MIGHT not be realiable at all. Again, we don't know (we can't), we'd need to do this kind of research on humans, which is highly unlikely to ever happen.

3) A certain steroid might prove very mild androgenically in terms of stimulating prostate growth, but that doesn't necessarily imply that it's going to show the same mildness in other tissues. Different androgens activate different genes and, while winstrol might be 100% mild as prostate growth is concerned (because it fails to activate at the nucleus ofcells those genes related to prostate growth), it MIGHT show a good ability when it comes to activating other genes at other tissues, for instance, when activating those genes related to male pattern baldness.

References:

1:1: J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1981 Sep;68(3):181-7
Clinical and biochemical effects of stanozolol therapy for hereditary angioedema.

triton2

Established Member
Reaction score
global said:
Again, I did not say that anavar will not affect HPTA, it will, however HPTA suppression has nothing to do with hairloss.

Of course it will, even a small dose of 15mg/day supresses a great deal of endogenous testosterone production by day five (1)

1: Short-Term Oxandrolone Administration Stimulates Net Muscle Protein Synthesis in Young Men

triton2

Established Member
Reaction score
losin_it said:
If a person is concerned about their hair loss, what steroid would you recommend to that person that wont have an negative effect on it?

Nandrolone. Given the fact that it completely halts your endogenous testosterone production, you can PROBABLY use it up to a certain amount without screwing your hairloss worse. Take into account that nandrolone is way less androgenic than testosterone, so it's said that you can use up to 400mg/week without having worse androgenic side effects than your natural testosterone production would give you.

Anavar, as shown in numerous studies, promotes anabolism. Period. That's all you have to take into account. Everything else are just nonsense myths. I mean, classifying steroids as "steroids for building mass" and "steroids for cutting" is a huge fallacy, for all steroids are anabolic. You can say "bullshit, test gives me lots of muscle mass while anavar barely gives me any gains"; firts, a lot of the gains you get on test are water weight gains that fastly wear off once you end up your cycle; secondly, test is usually taken at high doses, while anavar is usually taken at much lower dosages; if you were to take both at the same dosage and you could measure your net skeletal muscle mass increases (so that you couldn't mistake water for muscle), do you really think test would give you more gains than var? Just my 2 cents.
My answers are always on the safe side. I would never recomend anyone to take steroids if they are worried about losing their hair.

I agree with you. One of the rules that we should follow when designing a 100%-perfect anti-hairloss protocol should be that of avoiding AAS, for steroids like anavar and primo look and might be very safe androgenically speaking, but can never tell for sure whether or not their androgenic mildness as far as prostate goes can be extrapolated to hair follicles.

triton2

Established Member
Reaction score
By the way, from my humble point of view, the treatment of choice as far as avoiding AAS related hairloss is concerned should be RU58841 (if you cannot get RU spironolactone should also work fine, but not nearly as well as RU) and not finasteride, because most AAS promote male pattern baldness not thru DHT conversion but binding themselves to the AR (androgen receptor). Primo binds itself to the AR, stanozolol binds itself to the AR, anavar binds itself to the AR, etc. So the most effective approach is that of antagonizing the scalp ARs with a topical anti-androgen (using a sistemic antiandrogen would be nonsense, for it would completely beat the purpose of your taking steroids). Nonetheless there are some theories that state that finasteride has a DIRECT (not DHT supression mediated) caspase blocking effect; I don't know to what extent that might or mightn't be true though. If it was true, it would make sense to take finasteride when using AAS that don't interact with 5AR enzyme.

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
i doubt a lot of you even know what your talking about...steroids will not cause you hair loss. sex does! Cutler/ Coleman/ Yates all have full hairs (yes yes Coleman has full hair also!) because theyre happy in life...they had a happy childhood because they got all the sex they wanted from gf and a lot of women..they all admitted so...Did yall even know Coleman has like 3 teenage kids?

Look at Nasser El Sonboty, and the bald ones....theyre the ones who had very few gf. simple as that. you either release your dht from having sex and coming a few times in a session, or keep your dht in you by masturbating and coming once every now and then.

bigd

Reaction score
MY hairloss has nothing to do with my steroid use. I havent used them in two years and my loss started this March, its most likely caused from severe Sed Derm. I use to have a curly afro and used this greasy stuff to style it and never ever washed it. Plus I work out 6 days a week and sweat like a pig (clen/T3/DNP) so after years my scalp is just a wastland of sweat, grease, goo, dandruff and spooge. But it is improving & getting thicket.

Roids are good for you if used the right way. And GH is yummy, it makes you feel genetically superior.

Look at Teddy Bruschi, the guy did so many roids his heart expoloded. And look at that head of hair.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Triton2 wrote -

"classifying steroids as "steroids for building mass" and "steroids for cutting" is a huge fallacy, for all steroids are anabolic."

I wouldn't quite agree with that, some compounds are more useful than others when cutting. Any non aromatizing compound will be better for cutting since a low estrogen environment is more lipolytic. Also not all steroids are anabolic for the same reason, some are directly anabolic, others may be indirectly anabolic by reducing the amount of catabolism in muscle tissue. This latter type is especially useful for cutting when the athlete will typically be in a low calorie and thus catabolic state.