Blood Pressure And Androgenic Alopecia!pole?!

What is your average systolic blood pressure ??

• Below 120

Votes: 9 27.3%

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • 125 to 145

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Above 145

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Their is link between blood pressure and androgenic alopecia. This pole is created to know blood pressure of balding people on this forum. Do cooperate. Thanks.

sdaak

My Regimen
Reaction score
Always been 120 or very slightly less.
I have it taken at least 2 times per year, be it from work or my primary care doctor.

I don't believe there is a link ( in my case at least ) since those results are pretty much ideal.

Dayday

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Makes sense to me.
Might likely be the outward expression of atherosclerosis
https://www.evolutionary.org/forums...think-again-very-interesting-topic-28623.html
This is very intresting! I went to the hospital a few months ago for something and whilst i was having a scan on my testicles i was told that i have slight calcification on one of my kidneys and was told i need to drink more water to which i replied i drink 3 liters a day. The doctor didnt know why it was calcified and neither did i as i am very healthy/fit.:confused:

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is very intresting! I went to the hospital a few months ago for something and whilst i was having a scan on my testicles i was told that i have slight calcification on one of my kidneys and was told i need to drink more water to which i replied i drink 3 liters a day. The doctor didnt know why it was calcified and neither did i as i am very healthy/fit.:confused:
Interesting. As I'm aware, it is magensium, vit K, vit A, vit D, calcium, and boron that make up the calcium metabolism.
Also stress hormones like excess estrogen cause calcification.
So perhaps you may have been deficient in one of those? Or went through periods of extended stress that messed up the calcium metabolism?

Dayday

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I havent a clue but i had my levels read as i said ive felt like ive had low energy for years even though i workout 3-4 times a week. They came back fine aswel as my testosterone being 600.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I havent a clue but i had my levels read as i said ive felt like ive had low energy for years even though i workout 3-4 times a week. They came back fine aswel as my testosterone being 600.
So your cortisol, estrogen, prolactin were in range?
You may be hypothyroid too but the meds can have side effects so I would avoid them

I think the Vit D, mk7, magnesium are your best bet for reversing calcification. Mk7 is proven in animal models

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can also use Boron, there's a few other things vit d mk7, magensium is really the requirement

Dayday

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They checked my thyroid aswel because my mum has a problem with hers. Came back fine.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Dayday the vitamin protocol should reverse calcification in the body, at least OP claims it has systemic effect. Whether or not your levels are good don't matter in regards to using the vit D, vit mk7. I was mainly saying stress hormones will continuously worsen calcification

Last edited:

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The cause of male pattern baldness is scalp follicles sensitivity to dht. Not sure why some people are desperate to try to blame anything else. Fear of finasteride?
I'd rather know the uncomfortable truth rather than believe a comforting lie. A lie won't keep your hair while finasteride will

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
The cause of male pattern baldness is scalp follicles sensitivity to dht
Then what causes retrograde alopecia?
I can't find the link but it showed 76% interaction of DHT in hairs of non-balding men, and 98% in balding men, the majority of non balding men still experience high concentration of DHT

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
The other issue is that theory does not explain at atll why DHT causes the hair follicle to be miniaturized.
The idea that DHT causes fibrotic blockage of the blood vessels/activated calcium receptors to the hair follicle at least gives us a reason why dht would cause miniaturization.

Loss of blood low causes hairloss of limbs of diabetic patients, ironically we don't consider that in the scalp

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
The cause of male pattern baldness is scalp follicles sensitivity to dht. Not sure why some people are desperate to try to blame anything else. Fear of finasteride?
I'd rather know the uncomfortable truth rather than believe a comforting lie. A lie won't keep your hair while finasteride will
I don't have an interest in lying. The sensitivity to androgen theory needs more evidence.
DHT causes TGF-B1 to raise, which would cause the fibrosis that makes bald spots shiny and stiff
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26091707

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then what causes retrograde alopecia?

DHT sensitivity of hair follicles, f*****g duh. The correct question would have been why most people have a DHT resistant donor zone in the first place.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT sensitivity of hair follicles, f*****g duh. The correct question would have been why most people have a DHT resistant donor zone in the first place.
Can you post two studies that have good evidence of DHT sensitivty? Seems like that would be an easy task