Been On Finasteride For Awhile, Should I Be Worried About These Baby Hairs?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
They're men of action. It's much better to get opinions and ask if you're balding then it be way too late.

We still need pics Michel.

Yeah Michel if you post pictures of your hair I'll literally stop posting here.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely some hate on here for diffuse thinners. At my age I’d much rather have a slowly creeping hairline than decimated density on my entire head in under two years. It still looks like a full head but compared to a year ago it feels like cotton candy.

I have to do something.

Curcelli

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just read this and in honesty your hair looks fine to me and has definately improved in the comparison pics.

Good head of hair.

blackg

Reaction score
Yeah Michel if you post pictures of your hair I'll literally stop posting here.
Re the Vikings loosing the NFC championship game..

I'm f*****g devastated!
Those damn Philadelphia Eagles ruined my dream of a Minnesota Vikings home Super Bowl apperence in beautiful downtown Minneapolis.

Damn I'm pissed!

The Vikes had one good drive. Scoring the opening touchdown then it was all freaking down hill.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
This past week I broke out like a motherfucker on my forehead; this is probably the worst breakout I have had since I was a teenager. Could this be some kind of androgen up-regulation? I have been burying my forehead in Retin-A every night to clear it up ASAP.

I have been going through a stressful time (i.e., studying for an important exam for my grad program) and did switch to a new moisturizer which seemed greasy, so maybe that caused it?
Dave looks like that is from using Retin-A and hair products. Might be the new moisturizer and of course stress. How is your eating? Dairy and Gluten?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dave looks like that is from using Retin-A and hair products. Might be the new moisturizer and of course stress. How is your eating? Dairy and Gluten?

My diet has been shitty; eating a lot of carbs and just generally bad food. I plan on getting back to my old eating habits once I'm done with this exam. I have also been waking up drenched in sweat recently, although that is from my room being hot as hell at night. I'm going to try to apply some benzoyl peroxide on them at night. Hopefully that clears them up quickly. Thankfully my hair style covers all of this up.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
My diet has been shitty; eating a lot of carbs and just generally bad food. I plan on getting back to my old eating habits once I'm done with this exam. I have also been waking up drenched in sweat recently, although that is from my room being hot as hell at night. I'm going to try to apply some benzoyl peroxide on them at night. Hopefully that clears them up quickly. Thankfully my hair style covers all of this up.
I can tell you if I eat bad, my skin still breaks out even at my age. However if I eat clean, it stays much clearer. I still have acne at my age. In my case, it was my curse.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
My crown area is still looking "okay"...correct? Hair line still looks the same as my pictures in the first post.

Attachments

• IMG_1398.jpeg
    IMG_1398.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_1436.jpeg
    IMG_1436.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_1461.jpeg
    IMG_1461.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_1467.jpeg
    IMG_1467.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_1472.jpeg
    IMG_1472.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 263

Finasteride27

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, stop worrying. Your hair is thick as f***!
Just stay on Finasterid, don't worry and enjoy life.

Make a deal to yourself - stop obsessing about your hair. Stop checking it.
Take one check where you take a picture every third month.

When you see it's going for the worse - add a new routine.
Stressing about losing your hair can actually have a bad impact on your hair.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies guys; I was starting to worry that I was losing at the crown but I guess that is just how my hair parts.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies guys; I was starting to worry that I was losing at the crown but I guess that is just how my hair parts.
I saw your pics before finasteride and you had a bit of a receding hairline going on, luckily you recovered everything, if you were to start losing ground again it would definitely be at the hairline since that's how your pattern starts. Jealous of your results! How many hairs do you shed in the shower?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw your pics before finasteride and you had a bit of a receding hairline going on, luckily you recovered everything, if you were to start losing ground again it would definitely be at the hairline since that's how your pattern starts. Jealous of your results! How many hairs do you shed in the shower?

I don’t count hairs in the shower anymore; it does more harm than good.