Been On Finasteride For Awhile, Should I Be Worried About These Baby Hairs?

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good id stick with finasteride, i just recently got back to a nw1 from nw2 with minoxidil. Im a good responder but finasteride doesnt seem to be doing much but it really thickened ur temples.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't agree with his political views, but I would go gay for Romney. Dude is handsome af.

Thank you for the advice guys.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Title.

I've been on Finasteride for going on 2 years. Overall, my styled hair looks the same if not better since starting. However, I'm starting to get paranoid of these baby/miniaturizing hairs I see at my hair line; am I losing ground? I feel like I was worried about them last year as well but my hair hasn't seem to have gotten any worse. I didn't respond to minoxdil when I used it so I'm debating trying dutasteride once or twice a week for extra protection.

Just shave your head. You're too far gone. It's not worth it.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Paranoid moment here: These are just parts correct?
Your fine, dave. That's normal due to your hair being so thick and long. When my hair had better density like yours, it did the same thing and you already know how my hair turned out all these years.:)

yourworld001

Established Member
Reaction score
Here are some baseline pictures of my hair; first is from May 2015 and second is from Dec 2015 (a couple days before I started finasteride). I think the lighting and angle makes it look a lot worse than it was, but I did have a derm confirm that I was starting to recede a bit. Minoxidil didn't do a whole lot for me, all it did was age my skin.

There's no f*****g change at all

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any diffusion. Dave your hair looks solid. I’m losing a diffuse battle all of the top but hairline still borderline 1.5. Only on minoxidil and ready to add Finasteride but worried it won’t matter if some/most is Thyroid related. Been under two years and I have 2lb bag if hair. The hair itself lost diameter and color so I know there’s some male pattern baldness at work.

Attachments

• 649BA71F-C04C-493D-95D7-74EF00ED5523.jpeg
    649BA71F-C04C-493D-95D7-74EF00ED5523.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 319
  • 1383E8A6-1A5B-4C2A-A961-D04013A5D8A4.jpeg
    1383E8A6-1A5B-4C2A-A961-D04013A5D8A4.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 339
  • F5168C67-8A67-44A6-9436-36C6D2867A23.jpeg
    F5168C67-8A67-44A6-9436-36C6D2867A23.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 298

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any diffusion. Dave your hair looks solid. I’m losing a diffuse battle all of the top but hairline still borderline 1.5. Only on minoxidil and ready to add Finasteride but worried it won’t matter if some/most is Thyroid related. Been under two years and I have 2lb bag if hair. The hair itself lost diameter and color so I know there’s some male pattern baldness at work.

Bruh aren't you in your early 40s? I would cut my arm off for my hair to look like that at your age (obviously not that extreme but you know what I mean); I'm only 24.

Also, post your own hair pics in your own thread; this is Davesmith420's BDD meltdown thread.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ha. Sorry wasn’t sure about the pic politics. Yes 40 but all the loss went down in a year.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My current hair; since I have minoxidil and a 1.5 mm dermaroller lying around, should I add those in for extra protection or just stay with finasteride?

It appears you have a good hairline.

Do you mind showing your hairline, with your hair pulled back (to see temple recesion/ or regrowth?).

Also, are you Asian or white?

I'm just trying to see if it would work on myself (strong dermarolling). That is the only reason I
ask.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hop on it quick, because your hairloss seems relatively new.

If you start now, as opposed to three to eight years later, it will probably make a good
difference, and more importantly, you will get that nice Norwood zero hair that everybody
wants.

Just take half Finasteride tablets, and add five percent Minoxidil foam. I am almost 100%
positive it will come back.

Foam won't add dandruff, and is very easy for the scalp to take.

Finasteride is important, because it will make hair gains permanent, from both Minoxidil
and Finasteride (Minoxidil by itself will not).

Start now. Dead follicles (after a few years of no therapy) CANNOT be revived with
Finasteride and Monixidil, so you won't be able to save those.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
My current hair; since I have minoxidil and a 1.5 mm dermaroller lying around, should I add those in for extra protection or just stay with finasteride?
Honestly, don't see a change. You don't need minoxidil at this point yet. Just stay with finasteride just as insurance for your anxiety.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
And that is a compliment . Dave got awesome hair
Never seen a photo of yours so it's not really a compliment to you. I have shown my hair situation to dave. It's nice to get a different perspective with someone who has similar thoughts to myself.