Balding at 19? - PLEASE HELP

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This made me laugh. Anyway, well done! Things weren't bad at all before and now your hair looks so thick!

Hahah in all honesty it has worked, I have a lot more facial hair now, I can post some before and after pictures if you guys are curious. I'm just hoping when I stop in 6months time my hair won't pay the price :( if it does I guess I will just have to start applying it to my hair instead :D

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol yeah buddy, post them. I can grow a lot of stubble still even on finasteride. I have had some results with finasteride at the hairline at 9 months. You're like 15 months into finasteride right? I think it is responsible for your results, although Minoxidil can apparently act at areas beyond where it's applied. I highly doubt though it diffused from your face to your crown.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol yeah buddy, post them. I can grow a lot of stubble still even on finasteride. I have had some results with finasteride at the hairline at 9 months. You're like 15 months into finasteride right? I think it is responsible for your results, although Minoxidil can apparently act at areas beyond where it's applied. I highly doubt though it diffused from your face to your crown.

I'm on month 13 I think overall but 5months with the full dose, throughout all these months I had like a constant shead only now has my hair stopped shedding. I'll post some pics of my facial hair tomorrow

Dazzel

Established Member
Reaction score
Well remember finasteride can't do anything wrong, it's not like finasteride is making your hair loss worse.
It's funny I'd say my hair loss is similar to yours, but because my ****ing forehead is so massive, it's extremely pronounced. Now my face is all ****ed up, hairline frames your face.

I bet no one around you notices your hair loss.
And that is part of the reason why I don't suit a buzz cut any more. If only we went bald in reverse, so instead of losing the frame to your face and losing it on top, you loose the back and sides instead. But no we bald in the worst possible way.

- - - Updated - - -

My hair only looks diffuse when wet,

This is it when dry. In my opinion to someone not looking for male pattern baldness i recon i get away with it quite well...

View attachment 30403View attachment 30404View attachment 30405
I am also 19 and you have better hair than me ! Especially your hairline, and no I wouldn't even think you were balding if I saw you in public, I'll think "Yet another guy with a NW0", Of course it's strange to be looking at other peoples hairlines but since I started receding at 17, you notice other men also with receding hairlines and the men that have no male pattern baldness at all. Where as before I wouldn't have even noticed.

Ryuduo

Reaction score
It happens. I started balding in high school, but didn't really know / care enough about it until mid 20's.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
----------------------------------------------------------------- UPDATE ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys its been a while :) What can i say, its coming up to 2 years now and my hair is better than ever. Looking back at pictures my hair is thicker now then when i was 17 (Coming on to 21 now). I just wanted to say don't give up hope i can't tell you the amount of times when i thought that my regime was doing nothing, hell it took well over a year for me to notice an improvement in my hair. Countless times i just wanted to give up as all my hair was doing was shedding, shedding and more shedding and yes my hair looked alot worse during this period before then it did at any point in my life, i thought the treatments were ineffective. Even now i still go through periods where i shed hair and my hair thins out but it always gets better.

Never did i think i would say that male pattern baldness no longer plays on my mind. I had aggressive male pattern baldness, this just shows that if you catch it early enough you can prevent it. Hopefully my success will continue for many years to come :)

Thanks for all the help and support, will keep you updated.

IMG_7064.JPG
IMG_7602.JPG

(First 2 pictures are with wet hair and flash)

Attachments

• IMG_7281.JPG
    IMG_7281.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_8545.JPG
    IMG_8545.JPG
    579.3 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_8546.JPG
    IMG_8546.JPG
    590.3 KB · Views: 504

kuca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi centurie do you still aplly minoxidil on your face?
And did minoxidil improwed your facial hair growth?

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi centurie do you still aplly minoxidil on your face?
And did minoxidil improwed your facial hair growth?

Yes I still apply it to my face, my facial hair keeps on improving with time. I almost have full coverage now on my cheeks from having little to nothing cheek wise and I'm pretty sure it's minoxidil that has caused it.

I'm probably going to keep applying indefinitely as there is no harm in doing so and I recon it is helping my hair even though not being directly applied there

kuca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to botherd you but do you have any pictures of your beard improvement on minoxidil, because I m also thinkinkg about putting minoxidil on my face to improve my beard because it relly week and patchy?

Also great improvement in your hair :D

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to botherd you but do you have any pictures of your beard improvement on minoxidil, because I m also thinkinkg about putting minoxidil on my face to improve my beard because it relly week and patchy?

Also great improvement in your hair :D

Here you go, not really very noticeable atm because shaved couple of days back

BEFORE.jpgAFTER.JPG

kuca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow thats a pretty impressive and tnx for posting a pictures

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
----------------------------------------UPDATE---------------------------------------------------------

Its been a while since updating so i thought i would fill you guys in. So i am around 2-3years on Propecia and 1 and a half years on minoxidil and it looks like i have lost all my gains over the past 3 months. My hair was looking better than ever 6 months ago, but for the past 3 months i have hit a major shed which is still continuing and now my hair looks pretty much like baseline. I guess i got a good 1-2 years of great hair but i was hoping the treatments would of lasted longer than this. My plan is to reassess my hair situation in a couple of months time and if i still have seen no improvements/worsening i will be jumping on Dutasteride. Feel free to give any advice or any questions :)

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey centurie so you were only on propecia ? or you also applied minoxidil to your hair ?

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, that sucks.. "loosing all gains" I feel sorry...

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
did propecia helped your thinning temple and hairline ? after how long thx

I don't know what helped whether it was the minoxidil or the propecia, but at one stage my hairline was back at NW0 but since then it's thinned out again. When I say that I've lost all gains that is a bit of an exaggeration as I would say I'm still slightly above baseline however with my continues shedding I do not see that lasting for long.

Last edited: