Balding at 19? - PLEASE HELP

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there,

Ive just turned 19 and i am pretty certain im in the early stages of male pattern baldness. I have had relatively thin hair since 17 and started noticing alot more hair on my pillow, and hair falling out as i run my hands through my hair. You cant really notice any hairloss when my hair is dry, but when its wet it looks pretty bad. I wasnt convinced that i was balding so i took pictures about 6 moths ago to track my progress:

IMG_1985.jpgIMG_1997.jpgIMG_2013.jpgIMG_2015.jpgIMG_2017.jpg

My brother who is 12 has the same kind of crown as me i.e it is visible, but mine is a tad bit worse. Basically my questions are:
-Am i balding, or possibly just developing a mature hairline?
-If i am in the early stages of male pattern baldness what treatments should i start?
-Where am i on the Norwood scale?

Here are some pictures of me now (6months later), Has my hair gotten worse?

IMG_2302.jpgIMG_2305.jpgIMG_2306.jpg

Thank's

--------------------------------------------------------UPDATE----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of now I will be starting 0.5mg of propecia EOD, my hair has not changed since these photos so i will be using them as a base-line guidance. I will be updating the thread every so often detailing whether i have experienced any sides or regrowth ETC. Basically i will use this as a log of my progress with Propecia

Day 1- No sides

Month 4- Coming to month 4 of .5mg EOD. I have noticed no visible sides, but no change in my hair? It seems to have thinned out more infact
no.gif
The one positive is that to begin with i was shedding 50-100 every day now its more like 10-30 hairs but thats still shedding isnt it? I am thinking of upping the dose to .5mg ED since maybe im taking an ineffective dose? Advice would be appreciated please...

Month 6- in a weeks time i would of hit 6months of .5mg Propecia EOD. What can i say... shedding still continues, there was a month where i had no shedding at all but now it is again pretty bad. I will post pictures when i hit the 6 month mark but it is not looking good as i have continued to thin, in all honesty things could be worse as it is only a slight worsening and still no one can detect i am balding. My question is that if i was to get regrowth surely i would be noticing thin hairs popping up by now, but there is absolutely none...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------PHOTO UPDATE OF 6MONTHS CAN BE SEEN ON PAGE 4---------------------------------------------------------------

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
----------------------------------------------------------------- 2 YEAR UPDATE --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys its been a while
yes.gif
What can i say, its coming up to 2 years now and my hair is better than ever. Looking back at pictures my hair is thicker now then when i was 17 (Coming on to 21 now). I just wanted to say don't give up hope i can't tell you the amount of times when i thought that my regime was doing nothing, hell it took well over a year for me to notice an improvement in my hair. Countless times i just wanted to give up as all my hair was doing was shedding, shedding and more shedding and yes my hair looked alot worse during this period before then it did at any point in my life, i thought the treatments were ineffective. Even now i still go through periods where i shed hair and my hair thins out but it always gets better.

Never did i think i would say that male pattern baldness no longer plays on my mind. I had aggressive male pattern baldness, this just shows that if you catch it early enough you can prevent it. Hopefully my success will continue for many years to come
yes.gif

Thanks for all the help and support, will keep you updated.

2 YEAR UPDATE PHOTOS CAN BE SEEN ON PAGE 7

Here are a few more photos to help out:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Sorry for uploading so many photos, i just want to provide as much evidence as i can.

Attachments

• IMG_2307.jpg
    IMG_2307.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,678
  • IMG_2314.jpg
    IMG_2314.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,632
  • IMG_2315.jpg
    IMG_2315.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,600
  • IMG_2323.jpg
    IMG_2323.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,671
  • IMG_2324.jpg
    IMG_2324.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,697
  • IMG_2335.jpg
    IMG_2335.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,738
  • IMG_2337.jpg
    IMG_2337.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,536
  • IMG_2357.jpg
    IMG_2357.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,640

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Your temples do appear to be recessed and your crown definitely looks thin. In my non-expert opinion I would say you are balding. At the very least I would start using minoxidil and Nizoral. I take and usually recommend finasteride, but at 19? Just seems like you are a bit too young. You and your doctor might feel differently though? I would say just get on minoxidil to hopefully buy you some time. Then in a couple of years jump on finasteride unless something better comes out.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for they reply and advice mate. Originally I was thinking finasteride too since im pretty sure im fully developed hair on chest etc, but my facial hair hasnt properly filled in yet so wasnt too sure. Im not too keen on applying minoxidil every day though... Also do you notice change in my hair in the 6 months?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't really notice too much of a difference at all. I understand your reluctance to using minoxidil, but just think about it. It is not a huge deal for me to apply it every day. I don't think I missed an application in 10 months.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess so man :) I'll look into it.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone can offer some more advice it would be appreciated :)

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
just get on finasteride 1.25mg a day

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, looks like you are starting to thin and recede at the temples, but early days, your hair still looks good when dry. You are a very good candidate for the big three, caught it nice and early and I think if you get on finasteride and minoxidil you'll be absolutely fine! Best of luck!

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah ok thanks, would I be ok with just taking finasteride and nizoral? Also any idea where I am on the Norwood scale?

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
I think you guys are nuts. I don't think he is balding. Look at his side hair and you will see it is just as thin as on the top! He just has thin hair. Not balding.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your right about me having thin hair, ive always had very fine hair but i think its more thin on the top and sides than in other areas. The one thing i dont really understand is that my hair hasn't really gotten worse in the 6months that ive been tracking it, so either im balding very slowly or im just not noticing the difference. As you suggested i will probably visit a Dermatologist. Thanks

Reaction score
Centurie - So I checked your pictures.. You have enough hair to save them naturally... till now. Dont go on either finasteride or minoxidil... I personally recommend Castor Oil... Generally Oil hair remedies are looked down upon but remember they have lasted for millenniums.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
He's balding. In 7 years time, he'll have a small pathetic patch of hair on the top of his head with a large horseshoe ring of hair surrounding it making him look like a repulsive old pedophile.

There's nothing he can do but be complacent with sh*t treatments that do next to nothing despite a true cure being available NOW.

Enjoy your remaining years bud, it all goes downhill fast. Make sure you get a girlfriend and put a ring on it now before baldness puts you into a sexual death sentence.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He's balding. In 7 years time, he'll have a small pathetic patch of hair on the top of his head with a large horseshoe ring of hair surrounding it making him look like a repulsive old pedophile.

There's nothing he can do but be complacent with sh*t treatments that do next to nothing despite a true cure being available NOW.

Enjoy your remaining years bud, it all goes downhill fast. Make sure you get a girlfriend and put a ring on it now before baldness puts you into a sexual death sentence.

Hahah cheers for the vote of confidence. I dont need hair to enjoy life, Ill just get a buzz cut no need to look like a repulsive old predophile :p What true cure are you talking about btw?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahah cheers for the vote of confidence. I dont need hair to enjoy life, Ill just get a buzz cut no need to look like a repulsive old predophile :p What true cure are you talking about btw?

Look into Dr. Roland Lauster. Dude created skin with follicles 4 years ago using stem cells. He's done fvck all since.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look into Dr. Roland Lauster. Dude created skin with follicles 4 years ago using stem cells. He's done fvck all since.

Finasteride and minoxidil are too large a business for a cure for balding to ever be released, even if potentially there is one (probably why hes done fkall since). For now ill just get on to those medications and keep my hair for however long i can, hopefully with future better treatments coming out. Anyway any ideas where on the Norwood scale i am?

Reaction score
Finasteride and minoxidil are too large a business for a cure for balding to ever be released, even if potentially there is one (probably why hes done fkall since). For now ill just get on to those medications and keep my hair for however long i can, hopefully with future better treatments coming out. Anyway any ideas where on the Norwood scale i am?

Centurie I feel sorry for you if you are going ahead with these soul destroying medications. I was trying to help you because I stood exactly where you are now when I was 19.. but I guess you wont know it until you have tried it. Just remember this the motive of propecia, finax, rogaine and other such companies is not help you.. their main motive is to make money.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

minoxidil and and Finasteride are NOT holding back a cure, lol. There's no 'anti-baldness cure lobby' from the makes of minoxidil and Merck's Finasteride patent is almost over so their profits are going to crumble even more so seeing how they've made peanuts anyway.

The people actually responsible for the lack of a hair loss cure are the researchers involved and US the hair loss sufferers... we've made numerous discoveries and ZERO of them have been implemented.

minoxidil is going to make you shed like a mofo and Finasteride will merely slow down your hair loss anyway all the while potentially giving you lowered sex drive, erectile dysfunction, gynecomastia (man boobs!), brain fog, etc. essentially turning you into a woman with SOME hair.

There's nothing to be positive about if youre balding. You'll find out soon enough what the social repercussions are, you'll be at the bottom of the totem pole without realizing it.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil and and Finasteride are NOT holding back a cure, lol. There's no 'anti-baldness cure lobby' from the makes of minoxidil and Merck's Finasteride patent is almost over so their profits are going to crumble even more so seeing how they've made peanuts anyway.

The people actually responsible for the lack of a hair loss cure are the researchers involved and US the hair loss sufferers... we've made numerous discoveries and ZERO of them have been implemented.

minoxidil is going to make you shed like a mofo and Finasteride will merely slow down your hair loss anyway all the while potentially giving you lowered sex drive, erectile dysfunction, gynecomastia (man boobs!), brain fog, etc. essentially turning you into a woman with SOME hair.

There's nothing to be positive about if youre balding. You'll find out soon enough what the social repercussions are, you'll be at the bottom of the totem pole without realizing it.

I just posted this in another thread : "Tbh at some point in time ive had all the sides on Finasteride without even taking it! My libido was so low that weeks passes and i didnt have the urge to do anything sexual (would go long periods without masturbated masturbation) when i tried i could get and erection (80%) but i would get bored, sometimes i even would look at my girlfriend in disgust. I blame most of this on the depression i got into when i started worrying about my hair, and the death of someone close, but after i got my mind cleared and to terms with things they all gradually disappeared."

So honestly while finasteride may contribute to giving you those sides i believe alot of it is psychological.

I dont mean just finasteride and minoxidil, i mean the balding business in general (hair transplants everything). If a miracle cure just came out countless people would go bankrupt, i just don't see it happening. But then again this is just my opinion :p

There may be nothing positive about balding, but so what we just have to deal with it. You say : "you'll be at the bottom of the totem pole without realizing it." Well why would i care if i don't realise it :p It seems that hairloss has crippled your life.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont mean just finasteride and minoxidil, i mean the balding business in general (hair transplants everything). If a miracle cure just came out countless people would go bankrupt, i just don't see it happening. But then again this is just my opinion :p

No offense, but its a very uninformed opinion.

If a cure for hair loss is possible by creating follicles at will... WHO is going to implant them? Hair Transplant doctors in their current numbers will be overwhelmed with work. The supply would be too little for the demand. The main reason why people aren't doing much about hair loss is because the options are GARBAGE. Put out a legit option and the 6+ billion dollar industry is going to skyrocket... shampoos, gels, pastes, barber shops, etc, will all benefit from it too as there will be more men and women that will be able to actually DO something with their heads as theyll have hair to apply stuff.

There may be nothing positive about balding, but so what we just have to deal with it. You say : "you'll be at the bottom of the totem pole without realizing it." Well why would i care if i don't realise it :p It seems that hairloss has crippled your life.

It along with society has. I hate people.