Balding at 19? - PLEASE HELP

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well im only 19 so ofc it will be an uniformed opinion :)

But really if people have given you sh@t about your hairloss then fvck them, they aren't worth your time.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
But really if people have given you sh@t about your hairloss then fvck them, they aren't worth your time.

So, live alone?

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm 19 also and balding, I have lost my temples which saddens me :/
You are lucky and thinning at the crown.

I don't know how close you are to 20 but I'm getting on propecia, like 0.25 dosage to be safe.
****ing minoxidl waste of time, too much effort. It doesn't even slow down baldness, though it will help get results quicker. Your hair grows faster which is awesome i guess.

You could check out saw palmetto, its basically a weaker version of propecia.
You have to get the right dosage/supplement brand for it to actually be effective and do anything, but you'll be safer using saw palmetto.
I'm sure of it.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's an update on my situation:

I visited a derm who said I have slight crown thinning and temple has receeded slightly (nothing I didn't know), but he then went on to say there is no way to tell whether my male pattern baldness will stop there or continue more aggressively. He suggested I get on minoxidil and propecia as ATM I'm very early stages. Now here's what confused me, after a year he said I should stop monoxidil as by this time my hair will be thick and propecia alone will maintain it thereafter.

Why would I get on minoxidil for a single year then stop, surely any growth from it would just fall out (even with propecia)?

I myself thought that I would try and maintain my hair for as long as possible with propecia alone, and when I start see it getting worse then I start on minoxidil.

Please any advice would be much appreciated. :)

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Pretty stupid to get on minoxidil for a year and stop....
He has no clue what he is talking about, minoxidil is a life-long commitment or before it begins to loose it's effectiveness. I would just get on Propecia only, its your choice.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As of now I will be starting 0.5mg of propecia EOD, my hair has not changed since these photos so i will be using them as a base-line guidance. I will be updating the thread every so often detailing whether i have experienced any sides or regrowth ETC. Basically i will use this as a log of my progress with Propecia. The reason for choosing an EOD 0.5mg dose of Propecia is simply due to experimental reasons since through my research i believe this is enough a dose for me to maintain, and if it doesn't work so be it, i still have enough hair so i cant afford to experiment for the time being. I also hope to provide insight to other people if 0.5mg EOD is an effective dose to be taking.

Day 1- No sides

Also is their anyway i can change the title of this thread?

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Coming to month 4 of .5mg EOD

I have noticed no visible sides, but no change in my hair? It seems to have thinned out more infact :( The one positive is that to begin with i was shedding 50-100 every day now its more like 10-30 hairs but thats still shedding isnt it?

I am thinking of upping the dose to .5mg ED since maybe im taking an ineffective dose? Advice would be appreciated please...

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Coming to month 4 of .5mg EOD

I have noticed no visible sides, but no change in my hair? It seems to have thinned out more infact :( The one positive is that to begin with i was shedding 50-100 every day now its more like 10-30 hairs but thats still shedding isnt it?

I am thinking of upping the dose to .5mg ED since maybe im taking an ineffective dose? Advice would be appreciated please...

The shedding will never stop completely. Remember average people lose like 150 hairs a day still. Upping your dose will barely change anything and remember this is a long term drug 4 months is nothing

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
in a weeks time i would of hit 6months of .5mg Propecia EOD. What can i say... shedding still continues, there was a month where i had no shedding at all but now it is again pretty bad. I will post pictures when i hit the 6 month mark but it is not looking good as i have continued to thin, in all honesty things could be worse as it is only a slight worsening and still no one can detect i am balding. My question is that if i was to get regrowth surely i would be noticing thin hairs popping up by now, but there is absolutely none...

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are a few more photos to help out:

View attachment 24885View attachment 24886View attachment 24887View attachment 24888View attachment 24889View attachment 24890View attachment 24891View attachment 24892

Sorry for uploading so many photos, i just want to provide as much evidence as i can.

6 MONTHS ON PROPECIA 0.5MG EOD

IMG_4777.jpgIMG_4780.jpgIMG_4781.jpgIMG_4787.jpgIMG_4767.jpgIMG_4788.jpgIMG_4789.jpg

Looking worse off to me... I am going to stick to it though :unsure: Ive attached photos from 6-7months ago in the quote. All orignal photos can be seen on the first page.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well remember finasteride can't do anything wrong, it's not like finasteride is making your hair loss worse.
It's funny I'd say my hair loss is similar to yours, but because my ****ing forehead is so massive, it's extremely pronounced. Now my face is all ****ed up, hairline frames your face.

I bet no one around you notices your hair loss.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's your opinion on how much better or worse off i am? Yeh no one notices my hairloss and i have no sides with propecia so its not really that much of a big deal staying on it even if its doing fkall haha.

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
What's your opinion on how much better or worse off i am? Yeh no one notices my hairloss and i have no sides with propecia so its not really that much of a big deal staying on it even if its doing fkall haha.

Heres what you should do to know if propecia is working: Look at the hairs you lose pick like 10 of them from one day. Since your hair is long you can look at the hair from where the bulb is to the top. Since the bulb is where your hair was growing from if your hair gets thinner and thinner as it comes closer to the bulb you know that finasteride isn't working for you.

Im 17 and when I noticed hairloss at 16 I jumped on finasteride and after 5 months all my hairs were thinner and I had further receding and miniaturization. So I jumped on dutasteride maybe it will help I don't know. But what I do know is that if your hairloss is aggressive which yours is then finasteride is not very likely to work for you. Look at all the success stories and you'll see that very few of them are 17-18 year olds

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting... This is indeed the case, My hair closer to the bulb is much thinner in those hairs that i shed. Does this mean propecia is not working? Should i up my dose to 1MG?

Ryath

Reaction score
I just posted this in another thread : "Tbh at some point in time ive had all the sides on Finasteride without even taking it! My libido was so low that weeks passes and i didnt have the urge to do anything sexual (would go long periods without masturbated masturbation) when i tried i could get and erection (80%) but i would get bored, sometimes i even would look at my girlfriend in disgust. I blame most of this on the depression i got into when i started worrying about my hair, and the death of someone close, but after i got my mind cleared and to terms with things they all gradually disappeared."

So honestly while finasteride may contribute to giving you those sides i believe alot of it is psychological.

I dont mean just finasteride and minoxidil, i mean the balding business in general (hair transplants everything). If a miracle cure just came out countless people would go bankrupt, i just don't see it happening. But then again this is just my opinion :p

There may be nothing positive about balding, but so what we just have to deal with it. You say : "you'll be at the bottom of the totem pole without realizing it." Well why would i care if i don't realise it :p It seems that hairloss has crippled your life.

That just doesnt make sense anyone would want to patent a cure just to get Rich, if i work with stem cells would i care if the surgeon gets his 5k for a 2000 graft of hair transplant, hell no i would give a xxxxx. surge ons are in a golden age but that doesnt mean it would last forever isuppose at this rate in 10 or 20 years some thing would come, affordable? By whom? Thats the big question.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still do not believe a miracle cure will come out for a very long time... And when it does it wouldn't really matter because my hair would of been long gone by then hahaha

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting... This is indeed the case, My hair closer to the bulb is much thinner in those hairs that i shed. Does this mean propecia is not working? Should i up my dose to 1MG?

If it just gets thinner and thinner not just the 1-1.5cm near the bulb, but the entire hair just gets thinner then its probably not working. Keep in mind that you have pretty aggressive hair loss and might need to try dutasteride.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it just gets thinner and thinner not just the 1-1.5cm near the bulb, but the entire hair just gets thinner then its probably not working. Keep in mind that you have pretty aggressive hair loss and might need to try dutasteride.

My Shed hairs tend to be thick all the way through or thin at the top thicker mid shaft then thin near the bulb... I have definitely become alot thinner overall though on the 6months ive been on Propecia. Thanks for your help

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
My Shed hairs tend to be thick all the way through or thin at the top thicker mid shaft then thin near the bulb... I have definitely become alot thinner overall though on the 6months ive been on Propecia. Thanks for your help

Yeah np, just remeber that what you feel like is shedding might just be an increase in speed of your hair loss. Keep in mind if you're like that at 18 youll likely be bald by 22-23. Dont mean to get you paranoid but you migh want to look into dutasteride/ru