Balding at 19? - PLEASE HELP

shookwun

Reaction score
Yeah np, just remeber that what you feel like is shedding might just be an increase in speed of your hair loss. Keep in mind if you're like that at 18 youll likely be bald by 22-23. Dont mean to get you paranoid but you migh want to look into dutasteride/ru

Not nessesarely.

At sixteen I rapidly started reeceding, and by eighteen I was a NW2. Never progressed any further for six years, and counting

its as though during 16-18 I rapidly lost hair, had an extremely oiley scalp then it haulted.

male pattern baldness is rele ****ed, itès progressive but at the same time different for everyone.

All though OPs case looks very agressive. The whole crown has thinned out, making that bowl look, which will further keep thinning. Not only that but a prominent line is going through to the forelock from the crown which will keep spreading outwards in which will form a horse shoe. Classic crown balder......

prettydamnbald

Reaction score
Do not get on dutasteride or RU. That is reckless advice. If you haven't already, see a doctor and be under his/her supervision with respect to treatment with finasteride or whatever it may be.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im already on finasteride, as everyone is saying i recon i have really agressive male pattern baldness and in all honesty i doubt i can save my hair. Atleast when my hair is dry it doesn't look like im balding so ill enjoy the months i have left that my balding is non detectable haha.

shookwun

Reaction score
Im already on finasteride, as everyone is saying i recon i have really agressive male pattern baldness and in all honesty i doubt i can save my hair. Atleast when my hair is dry it doesn't look like im balding so ill enjoy the months i have left that my balding is non detectable haha.

dutasteride in conjunction with RU58841 is your last life line.

Bite the bullet, and give it a try. Either that or you'll regret not trying.

In the mirror that's what you perceive, but I'm certain everyone else sees otherwise. Your hair loss is highly evident, caboki would be the only way to some what mask the diffusion. I don't recommend this approach for psychological reasons, you'll become highly dependant and never feel right without it. it's like being a hat prisoner. False misrepresentation as someone with hair.
Buzz it.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

In the mirror that's what you perceive, but I'm certain everyone else sees otherwise. Your hair loss is highly evident, caboki would be the only way to some what mask the diffusion. I don't recommend this approach for psychological reasons, you'll become highly dependant and never feel right without it. it's like being a hat prisoner. False misrepresentation as someone with hair.
Buzz it.

My hair only looks diffuse when wet,

This is it when dry. In my opinion to someone not looking for male pattern baldness i recon i get away with it quite well...

IMG_3990.JPGIMG_3992.JPGIMG_3991.JPG

knox777

Reaction score
No-one can tell that you're balding at all with dry hair mate. Don't worry. You're doing all you can by being on finasteride. You've not even been on it a year yet, so give it time. Could help you hold out for another 7-10 years. Hair looks pretty damn good to me.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score

Buzz it.

don't listen to shookwun, clueless **** really.. "hairloss is highly evident.." are you ****ing kidding me?

shookwun

Reaction score
Only seen the wet photos.

archdemon123

Established Member
Reaction score
No-one can tell that you're balding at all with dry hair mate. Don't worry. You're doing all you can by being on finasteride. You've not even been on it a year yet, so give it time. Could help you hold out for another 7-10 years. Hair looks pretty damn good to me.

This, absolutely spot on! Keep at it with finasteride and you should be fine, plus you look absolutely normal with dry hair, I wouldn't say you would be balding if I saw you down the street lol

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers for the support guys, Ive had a rough last month with my hair and doubting treatments etc... It tends to happen to me when im revising for exams (revising for uni exams atm)... I guess my mind will find any way to distract me, Will be posting update pictures in 3 months and again thanks for the support!

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is a 1 year update, first photo is before i started treatment (12 months ago) second photo is 1 month ago and last photo is me currently. I've been on 1mg Propecia ED for about 3-4months and before that i was on 0.5mg of Propecia EOD for 8 months. Hairline is most definitely worse of, i am uncertain on whether treatment is working what is your guys opinion? ALL PHOTOS ARE WITH WET HAIR

IMG_1985.jpgIMG_4616.jpgIMG_5333.jpg

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, I know how you feel. Im pretty young too, and Im in the same exact situation as you are. The biggest thing is to keep hope while doing your treatments because stress plays a huge role in hair loss. So make sure you stay positive.
And to be quite honest, you dont look bald at all. However, if you think your hair is thinning, then it's best if you do something about it now because you're young, and it's to good to fight hair loss right when it starts.

Thanks for the support man :)

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair has improved drastically in the past 1-2months. I guess this can be called a success, I've been on the full 1mg dose of propecia ED for 5-6months now (before .5mg EOD for 8months) i stopped using nizoral in the past 2 months after a year of use as I felt it was doing nothing. My leg hair has thinned out a lot in the past 2monthw as well

I started applying minoxidil for the past 3months carefully to my face (not my head) as my facial hair growth had been stunted and I didn't want to be bald aswell as beardless, maybe this caused my improvement. Anyway here are some progress pictures judge for yourself. Thanks for the support guys

6months means 6months into treatment, the next ones are currently which is like 1year or so. Also the photo titled "top view" is from the beginning of treatment

ALL PHOTOS ARE WITH WET HAIR as I believe this shows thinning better, I have never been visibly balding when my hair was dry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 409
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 431
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 424
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 406
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 426
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 434

nicefella

Established Member
Reaction score
Amazing progress man, amazing! I can only hope to get results like this! Been on 1.25mg every other day for 3 months now wow! Enjoy :)

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair looks great you were barely balding to begin with tbh. Should document the facial hair as I'm curious to see if it works or not.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing progress man, amazing! I can only hope to get results like this! Been on 1.25mg every other day for 3 months now wow! Enjoy :)

Cheers man, just remember to stick with it! I would really doubt if treatments were working at times but waiting pays off. If you are not seeing much change at the 6-8month mark bump it up to ED instead of EOD.

Good luck guys and cheers for the support!

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started applying minoxidil for the past 3months carefully to my face (not my head) as my facial hair growth had been stunted and I didn't want to be bald aswell as beardless

This made me laugh. Anyway, well done! Things weren't bad at all before and now your hair looks so thick!