"bald Guys Are Disgusting." Sad Reality Of Balding

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because it's easier to do nothing, then do something.

Just face it, you're lazy. A lot of people including myself have been predominately lazy there entire lives.

you have been talking about your plans, and this online school for the last three years.

I hope the best for you.
i am going super sllow, like 1-2 classes a semester (not motivated enough to do full workload) plus i took like a whole year off feeling like sh*t. it definitely took way too long but related to what you said better late than never

well if you are talking about people generally being lazy, yes thats definitely true. its found to be true of all living things we have observed. if you have your needs met then why do anything except what feels good? path of least resistance

all im saying i dont think i'm immorally lazy, like a leech or something. i have a friend who really is like that and id be way too guilty to ever be like that. he doesnt help around the house, goes to the mental hospital once a month, is seriously fucked up although i need to improve if i want to survive after my parents are gone

anyways if you worked that oil rig job idk how you can consider yourself lazy, i dont remember you ever even mentioning a NEET period, so you dont have to worry about being lazy imo.

shookwun

Reaction score
i am going super sllow, like 1-2 classes a semester (not motivated enough to do full workload) plus i took like a whole year off feeling like sh*t. it definitely took way too long but related to what you said better late than never

well if you are talking about people generally being lazy, yes thats definitely true. its found to be true of all living things we have observed. if you have your needs met then why do anything except what feels good? path of least resistance

all im saying i dont think i'm immorally lazy, like a leech or something. i have a friend who really is like that and id be way too guilty to ever be like that. he doesnt help around the house, goes to the mental hospital once a month, is seriously fucked up although i need to improve if i want to survive after my parents are gone

anyways if you worked that oil rig job idk how you can consider yourself lazy, i dont remember you ever even mentioning a NEET period, so you dont have to worry about being lazy imo.
Work isn't a indicator of being lazy.

Its doing activities that you otherwise don't need to do, but should do(can get away wit out doing). I work because I need to in order to survive.

I had a brief period of working on an oil rig, hardest work I have ever experienced. Very fast paced. I work within the oil sands.... extremely easy and we'll paid. Work less, earn more.

Thanks thougg for commending me on my efforts.

Just gotta buck up and give er man. I left my life behind

T

tellersquill

My natural disposition is lazy and I'm not ashamed of it.

I'll always get done what needs to be done but never anymore if I don't have to.

The only exception to this is my gym work and my writing work.

At a salaried job I just do my job roles and nothing more.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
same here teller except mentally i make stories lol. ive lived like a thousand different fantasy lives these past few years lol

i cant run out of energy worldbuilding, its one of my fav things

and well shook i see then. we just have different interpretations of lazy then. imo lazy is not doing things u need to be doing

T

tellersquill

same here teller except mentally i make stories lol. ive lived like a thousand different fantasy lives these past few years lol

i cant run out of energy worldbuilding, its one of my fav things

and well shook i see then. we just have different interpretations of lazy then. imo lazy is not doing things u need to be doing
There's no shame to it.

Not many who go to work put a 100% in unless its there own business or they are a workaholic.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
not motivated enough to do full workload)

although i need to improve if i want to survive after my parents are gone

I saw a blog post sometime back which asked whether lack of motivation and ensuing slacking off on doing something is laziness. I'm jealous of Dante who is motivated, and likes his work; for him doing work/learning languages is therefore less "painful" than for me. So, it could be that I do less work, but "suffer" more, expend more mental energy. Am I still lazy because I do less work?

I guess I agree with Shook -- it is irrelevant how you feel, only your work output matters in defining laziness.

People say that everyone can work when feeling motivated. Dedication is when you work even when you feel unmotivated.

Anyway, I feel intensely jealous of people who actually enjoy acquiring skills. All I want to do is shut off my brain and immerse myself in imaginary worlds of TV serials. This laziness/lack of motivation has had a bad effect on my work life. When I take on projects, I do them quite well. But since I find work painful, I don't do a whole lot of them/am not actively seeking out new work. So I have bursts of intense activity followed by lulls.

It's good you help out your mom. What jobs does she have?

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel like you are one of the more positive posters on here and even as a positive poster you acknowledge "the sad reality of balding"

damn it really is Fd up
Absolutely man! You gotta stay positive in life! You'll be happier that way but balding does indeed suck really bad. It sucks the life out of you day by day and all you can hope for is finasteride to work and hair transplants haha that's all we can hope for!

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw a blog post sometime back which asked whether lack of motivation and ensuing slacking off on doing something is laziness. I'm jealous of Dante who is motivated, and likes his work; for him doing work/learning languages is therefore less "painful" than for me. So, it could be that I do less work, but "suffer" more, expend more mental energy. Am I still lazy because I do less work?

I guess I agree with Shook -- it is irrelevant how you feel, only your work output matters in defining laziness.

People say that everyone can work when feeling motivated. Dedication is when you work even when you feel unmotivated.

Anyway, I feel intensely jealous of people who actually enjoy acquiring skills. All I want to do is shut off my brain and immerse myself in imaginary worlds of TV serials. This laziness/lack of motivation has had a bad effect on my work life. When I take on projects, I do them quite well. But since I find work painful, I don't do a whole lot of them/am not actively seeking out new work. So I have bursts of intense activity followed by lulls.

It's good you help out your mom. What jobs does she have?
yea i can't deny that. laziness is defined by how much work you are doing. there's no way for others to know why you aren't working.

also just because i doesn't go out of my way to work doesn't mean i don't like self improvement in things i care about. i try to make thoughtful posts here to keep my mind sharp for instance . i also look stuff up a lot and think/meditate on life in general. stimulating conversation and the meditation feed off each other, so i always am trying to get more "enlightened" if you will. i don't care to acquire skills and knowledge just for its own sake, other than stuff i find intrinsically rewarding like technology and video games. i prefer to focus on the abstract frameworks that underline everything.

anyways i am the same way. i love fantasizing and i split my time half-half between mental self improvement and getting lost in fantasy worlds. they can mix too, i am bored by fiction that isn't stimulating. great stories can help you find meaning and teach you things.

it sounds like maybe you dont enjoy your job intrinsically. if you did then you would do it for its own sake.

i help my mom doing cleaning stuff, real soul sucking minimum wage sh*t. i have a lot of anger at my dad actually for that, he had a freaking PhD and he got with a woman who only had a secretary degree. not to mention she is from a hugely different culture and mentally ill. on top of that since her secretary degree is from indonesia she can't get a better job, she is stuck doing these sh*t jobs. that also makes me mad at my dad. i feel he should have thought of that before.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
i help my mom doing cleaning stuff, real soul sucking minimum wage sh*t. i have a lot of anger at my dad actually for that, he had a freaking PhD and he got with a woman who only had a secretary degree. not to mention she is from a hugely different culture and mentally ill. on top of that since her secretary degree is from indonesia she can't get a better job, she is stuck doing these sh*t jobs. that also makes me mad at my dad. i feel he should have thought of that before.

But wasn't it her who left your dad?
I didn't know she was mentally ill

What does he have a phd in? Is he well off?

I hope you will be able to complete your education soon and get a good job so that your mom doesn't have to work anymore.

Last edited:

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah, that one? I can't buy it from Italy, it would be seized at the Italian customs. Shitty country.
Actually no. You just have to declare on a form that you know what medicines you are buying including side effects and that are not going to resell them. The fork is given to you by FedEx or Ups.
Of course if it is from outside the EU. Otherwise it is clear as water.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But wasn't it her who left your dad?
I didn't know she was mentally ill

What does he have a phd in? Is he well off?

I hope you will be able to complete your education soon and get a good job so that your mom doesn't have to work anymore.
well i'm not sure if she really is but she definitely has issues. always ridiculously overprotective, extreme helicopter parenting, always did everything for me, never taught me life skills, always screaming and yelling and stressed out (since i was little, not just now where its understandable). in my unprofessional opinion its an anxiety disorder

same with my dad though about the life skills. i never had serious discussions about morality and responsibility with either. maybe part of why my executive functioning seems fucked

and yea she left my dad and the rest of my family when i was 7, for a guy with a full head of hair. she literally goes for any sort of guy, its retarded. she even went for guys who didnt speak english, like wtf.

my dad has a PhD. in aquatic biology, studying life in swamps like duckweed. just LOL at the completely random almost LSD fueled specialization, there's no demand for it. also his sh*t social skills and being old keeps him from good jobs as well.

he just does fish farming now and makes around 30 k a year. i don't think he has done research in a while. he has a huge student debt from all the schooling and it hampers his lifestyle. without the debt 30 k a year income for one person isn't bad.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I visited Indonesia a month ago, and from what I've seen there, your laziness may be partly genetic.

Probably the most inefficient, incompetent, laziest people I've ever seen all around.

For example, the taxi drivers could not speak English, and did not know the way or their city at all.

We actually had to look up the way on our phone and show the GPS to the guy.

It reminded me me of that hairdresser in Marrakesh who had Parkison's (yes).

I ended up cutting my hair myself, and he still wanted to be paid. True story.

It's funny how these people see nothing wrong with being completey not qualified for their jobs.

They're like "What?! Is there a problem?"
lol i dunno but i've heard of stuff like that from my dad. he says none of them know how to drive, and the traffic is scary there. lol he still goes on and on about how great asian women are though. bald life yo.

i dont like indonesian culture. super traditional, poor and largely undeveloped, muslim terrorist attacks, retarded drug laws. i have nothing in common with my indonesian side. no offense, but thats another thing i dont like, my dad didnt get with the successful better looking east asians, whose culture is a lot more conducive to achievement

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
my dad has a PhD. in aquatic biology, studying life in swamps like duckweed. just LOL at the completely random almost LSD fueled specialization, there's no demand for it. also his sh*t social skills and being old keeps him from good jobs as well.

he just does fish farming now and makes around 30 k a year. i don't think he has done research in a while. he has a huge student debt from all the schooling and it hampers his lifestyle. without the debt 30 k a year income for one person isn't bad.

If that 30k is before tax, then it is bad. Especially for a PhD.

Hopefully you'll be making a lot more.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If that 30k is before tax, then it is bad. Especially for a PhD.

Hopefully you'll be making a lot more.
yea still around average income for one guy. but yea ofc very low for someone with the highest academic degree. like i said, combo of oldness, prolly not much demand, and sh*t social skills.

i'd be good with that income, but i wouldnt have the selfishness to have kids and raise a whole family on it. cuz he got with a woman and had her leave the country so effectively it killed her career advancement opportunities.

he was a huge incel too, first GF at 25, who was fat. went bald later than me though, mid 20s or so. he had me at like 39, similar age for my mom, at 38.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They're great as long as you're tall and white.
there's trashy and/or crazy ones for the short bald men like my dad though, like my mom lol.

thats why i can't help but get pissed at my hair loss for being indirectly responsible for my mental issues, mental illness has a big genetic component. not to mention the environmental effects of being raised by someone with mental illness

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
yea still around average income for one guy

Maybe shookwun can get him a job in the trades so he can start pulling in six figures.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
there's trashy and/or crazy ones for the short bald men like my dad though, like my mom lol.

thats why i can't help but get pissed at my hair loss for being indirectly responsible for my mental issues, mental illness has a big genetic component. not to mention the environmental effects of being raised by someone with mental illness

I agree with that. I can't speak for others but I feel like my mental problems are a result of my situation. If you put me in the body of a different person and took away my retarded social problems I could find a very happy life I believe. Thats kind of the dilemma im in right now - I like living in the world , I enjoy things in life but I dont like the person that I am. And the self help really only goes so far because there are a lot of problems no amount of therapy can fix. a life time of being inferior in every way really does take a toll on you. The thing that comes to mind for me is socail problems and hairloss/ appearance . I am 90% sure I have aspergers or something. The worst part is I still want to be social , but I cant so it leads to a life time of being isolated.

Exodus are you from the US?

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yea i can't deny that. laziness is defined by how much work you are doing. there's no way for others to know why you aren't working.

also just because i doesn't go out of my way to work doesn't mean i don't like self improvement in things i care about. i try to make thoughtful posts here to keep my mind sharp for instance . i also look stuff up a lot and think/meditate on life in general. stimulating conversation and the meditation feed off each other, so i always am trying to get more "enlightened" if you will. i don't care to acquire skills and knowledge just for its own sake, other than stuff i find intrinsically rewarding like technology and video games. i prefer to focus on the abstract frameworks that underline everything.

anyways i am the same way. i love fantasizing and i split my time half-half between mental self improvement and getting lost in fantasy worlds. they can mix too, i am bored by fiction that isn't stimulating. great stories can help you find meaning and teach you things.

it sounds like maybe you dont enjoy your job intrinsically. if you did then you would do it for its own sake.

Be careful about escaping through fantasy. When I was your age, I was extremely reclusive and trapped in a cycle of maladaptive daydreaming like you describe- to the extent that it became more real than my day to day life. I missed out on developing relationships, a career, social skills and many other things. Now I'm 33 and still dealing with the consequences of missing the starting gun in life, as it were. I strongly recommend you try to work, meet people and attend college in person; otherwise, you might get to my age and find your problems are basically intractable.

shookwun

Reaction score
Maybe shookwun can get him a job in the trades so he can start pulling in six figures.

It's not like that anymore. It's not steady at all.

Not a lot of work, and hiring being done. A lot of jobs are not even advertised either, most of it is done internally through name hires, unions and referrals.

Seven years ago, you could come out here with nothing but a drivers licence and a abstract and apply. Get a call back the next day to start as a laborer on one of the oil sites. Nowadays you are fighting for positions that are not even advertised. Couldn't find enough heads to cover the positions. Over time out of the ***, and you were rejecting it. All that's gone. Only people who work directly for the oil site have some what steady salaries, and are still in good shape. All the contractors are doing OK, nothing special.

Realy need to know the right people nowadays.