"bald Guys Are Disgusting." Sad Reality Of Balding

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score
About 2 years I starting dating a very good looking girl that I met while I was eating at a restaurant here in the U.S. She was our server and we hit it off instantly. I got her number and we started dating. This was about 7 months after I had gotten my first hair transplant procedure so she could not tell that I ever was bald or balding because I am always wearing toppik and making sure it's styled properly to not show any signs of hair loss. We did everything from going out to eat at different restaurants, walks in the park, going to the shore in New Jersey in the summer, traveling to NYC at least a dozen times, and she met my family and I met hers. It was a nearly perfect relationship. Until one day, we were sitting at a restaurant eating, when she looks over and says, and I will never forget this, "Eww that bald guy keeps looking over at me. Bald guys are disgusting." The guy was a normal looking, well-dressed guy. In the past, she would say stuff like this but it was never with this level of disgust in her voice. I suddenly got very tense and didn't talk much for the rest of the night. A couple of weeks later, I opened up to her about my balding. Everything from taking propecia to trying rogaine. I didn't tell her about my hair transplant but that would have been worse. She broke up with me a couple days later and since we haven't spoken at all. This is the true impact of baldness. If I were bald when I first met her while she was serving, none of that would have ever happened.

shookwun

Reaction score
Almost all of them are like that, especially those in the 18-25 crowd.

I remember visiting one of those university towns where it's all students, and the night life soars with young people. Going to the club with a few chicks, and while I was getting it on with the girl I originally seen some NW4 guy came up to the girl that was in my group. He was with a buddy, and that following buddy kept trying to pick up my girls friend, Offering water, and just being a orbiting beta male with the bald guy hoping to get laid. The chick I was with kept laughing in disgust, and telling me that she wants him away, he keeps trying to get close while the other orbiter was the main one doing the confrontations. The poor bald guy wasn't even trying to get with my girl, and if anything was just trying to strike casual conversation. I got a good laugh, but at the same time it just shows the gravity baldness causes in certain environments,. When 95% of the people have a full head of hair or minimal temporal loss and then you see that balding ghoul who's among the same age who's just trying to fit in, and possibly pull. Women just get defensive and nasty under the influence.

At this time I had a comb over with lot's of hair spray, that was my daily ritual and what I lived behind. It's moments like that then make me want to keep swallowing this finasteride, and exerting moderate amounts that I can afford towards hair restoration. I will sacrifice a lot in my life, from cheaper automobiles, towards cheaper rent to make a transplant less costly. Hair is sacred.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Super sad reality, where it's socially acceptable to express disgust towards someone simply for living out their genetic predisposition.

Having to literally defy genetics just to not be looked at with contempt. BEYOND fucked up

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Super sad reality, where it's socially acceptable to express disgust towards someone simply for living out their genetic predisposition.

Having to literally defy genetics just to not be looked at with contempt. BEYOND fucked up

Sad how it's tolerated and encouraged to humiliate men with baldness but it's intolerable to try and talk about it as a bald man.

People are such trash right from the core.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
About 2 years I starting dating a very good looking girl that I met while I was eating at a restaurant here in the U.S. She was our server and we hit it off instantly. I got her number and we started dating. This was about 7 months after I had gotten my first hair transplant procedure so she could not tell that I ever was bald or balding because I am always wearing toppik and making sure it's styled properly to not show any signs of hair loss. We did everything from going out to eat at different restaurants, walks in the park, going to the shore in New Jersey in the summer, traveling to NYC at least a dozen times, and she met my family and I met hers. It was a nearly perfect relationship. Until one day, we were sitting at a restaurant eating, when she looks over and says, and I will never forget this, "Eww that bald guy keeps looking over at me. Bald guys are disgusting." The guy was a normal looking, well-dressed guy. In the past, she would say stuff like this but it was never with this level of disgust in her voice. I suddenly got very tense and didn't talk much for the rest of the night. A couple of weeks later, I opened up to her about my balding. Everything from taking propecia to trying rogaine. I didn't tell her about my hair transplant but that would have been worse. She broke up with me a couple days later and since we haven't spoken at all. This is the true impact of baldness. If I were bald when I first met her while she was serving, none of that would have ever happened.

Bro what reasons did she give you for breaking up? Probably spouted out a bunch of bs unrelated to baldness I'm guessing

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro what reasons did she give you for breaking up? Probably spouted out a bunch of bs unrelated to baldness I'm guessing
I think so too. People never tell you the real reason why they are breaking up with you. Especially if it is related to looks. They would prefer telling you you are demented rather than telling you you have bad hair.

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score
She said that she wasn't feeling the way she did about me when we first met and that she just didn't feel strongly about me anymore. Yes, a bunch of unrelated bullshit unrelated to baldness about a week after I opened up to her about my baldness. It didn't help that I was highly emotional about it while telling her though. I learned my lesson and I don't ever mention balding when talking with people anymore.

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score
Sad how it's tolerated and encouraged to humiliate men with baldness but it's intolerable to try and talk about it as a bald man.

People are such trash right from the core.
Yep, the same people who tell you to man up and shave your head are the ones poking fun at you for your baldness behind your back. The girls who say hair doesn't matter are the ones to ignore a bald guy as if he is not even there. Truth hurts but that's the way it is. You just gotta be confident despite of it.

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score
A

I remember visiting one of those university towns where it's all students, and the night life soars with young people. Going to the club with a few chicks, and while I was getting it on with the girl I originally seen some NW4 guy came up to the girl that was in my group. He was with a buddy, and that following buddy kept trying to pick up my girls friend, Offering water, and just being a orbiting beta male with the bald guy hoping to get laid. The chick I was with kept laughing in disgust, and telling me that she wants him away, he keeps trying to get close while the other orbiter was the main one doing the confrontations. The poor bald guy wasn't even trying to get with my girl, and if anything was just trying to strike casual conversation. I got a good laugh, but at the same time it just shows the gravity baldness causes in certain environments,. When 95% of the people have a full head of hair or minimal temporal loss and then you see that balding ghoul who's among the same age who's just trying to fit in, and possibly pull. Women just get defensive and nasty under the influence.

At this time I had a comb over with lot's of hair spray, that was my daily ritual and what I lived behind. It's moments like that then make me want to keep swallowing this finasteride, and exerting moderate amounts that I can afford towards hair restoration. I will sacrifice a lot in my life, from cheaper automobiles, towards cheaper rent to make a transplant less costly. Hair is sacred.
Ah, the good old combover! I know about that more than anything. Finasteride is literally a life saver, man. Hair is definitely sacred that's for damn sure, never forget that. I'm going to take a huge guess and say that the guy who was with the bald guy hitting on your friend probably wasn't the greatest looking, even if you have hair, your looks largely dictate how others react to you in a bar or club.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
She said that she wasn't feeling the way she did about me when we first met and that she just didn't feel strongly about me anymore. Yes, a bunch of unrelated bullshit unrelated to baldness about a week after I opened up to her about my baldness. It didn't help that I was highly emotional about it while telling her though. I learned my lesson and I don't ever mention balding when talking with people anymore.

I too have learned my lesson about opening up to people about hairloss struggles...in general it just doesn't end up being a positive thing. People not going through it simply CANNOT empathize with it. Period. It's just not possible for them for whatever reason, and all that's accomplished is you looking weak and insecure

Will continue to take finasteride and apply minoxidil behind closed doors, fighting the fight in silence

Although I'm coming to accept the reality that many people in my life right now will find out I had a transplant when I get it done in a couple months...will have no way of hiding it so when asked why my forehead looks like frankenstein I'm just going to be like "yeah I had surgery" and do my best to act like I give zero fucks

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score
I too have learned my lesson about opening up to people about hairloss struggles...in general it just doesn't end up being a positive thing. People not going through it simply CANNOT empathize with it. Period. It's just not possible for them for whatever reason, and all that's accomplished is you looking weak and insecure

Will continue to take finasteride and apply minoxidil behind closed doors, fighting the fight in silence

Although I'm coming to accept the reality that many people in my life right now will find out I had a transplant when I get it done in a couple months...will have no way of hiding it so when asked why my forehead looks like frankenstein I'm just going to be like "yeah I had surgery" and do my best to act like I give zero fucks
Yeah man, keep fighting the good fight but try to live your life to the fullest despite this sick disease lol the reality is that most people don't care or even know how to recognize a hair transplant. Especially if you go to a good doctor, it will be less noticeable. Doctors here in the states are pretty good.

T

tellersquill

I've told three girls I've dated about my balding in my past

-One of them told me I wasn't balding and that was my hairline (I left it at that)
-One of them said they'd stay with me no matter what (I broke up with her 6 months later so we'll never know)
-And another said her brothers balding and I should shave it if it bothers me

Maybe I'm lucky for not having negative reactions. Or maybe its because its only me temples and it hasn't gotten to NW3 yet.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because you got 2000 confidence grafts, that's why. :D

confidence transplant lol

and slayerstalk.com again

FLASH NEWS: girls (and guys) find balding disgusting (more at 11)

T

tellersquill

Is the term slayer an insult on this forum?

I always thought it meant you got laid - and where I'm from this is good. Whether you are attractive or not it is good.

blackg

Reaction score

This was a great post.

You also touched on how peoples real feelings come out once they are under the influence, and hair loss is definitely not looked on too kindly.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shocking indeed, users here have been writing such things for years; you can find threads dating back to 2009 where users wrote the same, damned things.

main reason for topic was to mention that OP dates with a hot girl (in the first sentence)

T

tellersquill

I think girls view baldness as negative for many reasons. One is clearly because it looks crap and you don't look your best. Another is telling their friends/family I am dating a bald(ing) guy, their reactions, makes them feel they have dated someone below them and settled. Finally, another reason which is sometimes overlooked but crucial imo. Premature baldness (significant balding before mid 20s) is a genetic red flag and normally associated with old age - pretty sure it puts them off even if they are not planning kids in their mind already. It's a rare genetic flaw to lose it so early and a chemistry killer. That's why even if you have had a transplant, it may not make much difference with certain girls if they find out the truth, like in the situation you describe. No doubt being fat is preferable, as it is self imposed and can be reversed. Of course it also looks bad but is quickly forgotten once the weight is gone.
Do you think a woman telling their friends they are dating a bald man is the same as a man telling his mate he's dating a fat woman?