Atcc Pta 6475, The Cure We Aren't Talking About?

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone began using or has purchased the Biogaia Osfortis?

https://everidis.com/product/biogaia-osfortis/
Yeah I started using it 2 days ago and it already seems to make my very oily skin even oilier. If you aren't an oil slick like me you probably have nothing to worry about though. I'm gonna continue on it for at least another week but if the oiliness gets worse I'll have to discontinue. It's sad because it does seem like it could be very beneficial for hair loss.

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thinking about ordering some and trying it out. However if the company has a patent on this then surely people that tested the product would have seen improvement to their hair.

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I started using it 2 days ago and it already seems to make my very oily skin even oilier. If you aren't an oil slick like me you probably have nothing to worry about though. I'm gonna continue on it for at least another week but if the oiliness gets worse I'll have to discontinue. It's sad because it does seem like it could be very beneficial for hair loss.

LOL. ridiculous. Give it 2-3 months then get back to us. Probiotics don't work overnight.

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL. ridiculous. Give it 2-3 months then get back to us. Probiotics don't work overnight.
Call it ridiculous but it's true, my skin is oilier than it has ever been 2 days after starting to take this. I decided I'll stay on this at least til I'm done with the bottle in 2 months because keeping my hair would be worth the extra oily skin. Same thing happened when i tried melanotan, automatically more oily skin.

pimpsmacker

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guess condensing everything I learned from all the research on the topic and passing it on isn't good enough for some people. Don't know why I waste my time trying to save other peoples time.

that guy could've been nicer, but he's got a slight point-- do you have pics to show progress?

also, how's it working so far?

Riq636

My Regimen
Reaction score
There’s a guy in the alternative treatments section that claims he had a gut bacteria transplant and his hair grew back in two years

vika

Reaction score
I have the same problem and i live in norway. Anyone found a site that sends to Europe?

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, the fact that there is no activity here, and that people like @Unacknowledged already tried this and didnt see any improvement regarding haiross - I guess this treatment goes to sh*t as well?

Lol it's funny how I get my hopes up everytime I started reading a thread about some new potential treatment, and then slowly get crashed as I keep reading....

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, the fact that there is no activity here, and that people like @Unacknowledged already tried this and didnt see any improvement regarding haiross - I guess this treatment goes to sh*t as well?

Lol it's funny how I get my hopes up everytime I started reading a thread about some new potential treatment, and then slowly get crashed as I keep reading....
So you call something a bust because it didn't work for one person after what, a few weeks? That's ridiculous. Personally, I had to stop taking it because it made my skin crazy oily, but I'm a person who's already cursed with terrible oily skin in general. How the f*** do you guys expect to find a new treatment if you don't experiment? I think this probiotic has a real chance of helping with hair loss, if you look this https://perfecthairhealth.com/l-reuteri-for-hair-loss-review/ article Rob goes into the reasons why this bacteria could be beneficial. Jesus christ I don't understand you people.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you call something a bust because it didn't work for one person after what, a few weeks? That's ridiculous. Personally, I had to stop taking it because it made my skin crazy oily, but I'm a person who's already cursed with terrible oily skin in general. How the f*** do you guys expect to find a new treatment if you don't experiment? I think this probiotic has a real chance of helping with hair loss, if you look this https://perfecthairhealth.com/l-reuteri-for-hair-loss-review/ article Rob goes into the reasons why this bacteria could be beneficial. Jesus christ I don't understand you people.

I still use it to this day. Not sure if i get any benefits but i do feel good so no point in stopping besides the money. Because that is not a problem i intent to take this for a good amount of time.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well
Well, first he taking it for few months not weeks. And second he is the only one here that taking it so it is 100% failure for now...
Besides, why are you even talking, you stop taking it cause of oily skin? You really wont be ok with oily skin for head full of hair?? Im sure you will have no problem with this trade, but you just dont really believe in it.

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well

Well, first he taking it for few months not weeks. And second he is the only one here that taking it so it is 100% failure for now...
Besides, why are you even talking, you stop taking it cause of oily skin? You really wont be ok with oily skin for head full of hair?? Im sure you will have no problem with this trade, but you just dont really believe in it.
I do believe in it and I was the first one on here to break the news about Osfortis, emailing with the distributor before it was even out, and I was probably the first one to order it too. I would have loved to continue taking it, but it made my skin oily to a level most people couldn't even imagine. That said, there are reviews saying it made people's skin better and even decreased oily skin, so i guess I just got screwed. I have gut issues that I'm working on, so once I get that fixed up I'm gonna give this probiotic another try. I have no stakes in whether you or anybody else keep their hair, but I know you'll never figure out a good treatment if you give up this early.

igamblesowhat

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Does anyone know if 10 billion CFU is a good dose (one serving), or should we take more?

10 billion CFU is relatively normal, even 2x what a lot of other probiotic supplements deliver in CFUs for other types strains. I would venture it is a good amount.

When we make yogurt, in theory, we create trillions of them with the proper type of food and fermenting, but to my knowledge no one measured it in a lab (maybe on Longecity?, I haven't read the thread there in months).

A lot of people reported effects on their skin and hair from Gastrus, which only has 100 million CFU. 1 tablet of Osfortis is 5 billion CFU, so I think there should be plenty of effect from this dosage. Even if you wanna go to a higher dose eventually, it would be a good idea to start at 1 tablet so your body can get used to it.

Of the 14 people I know having turned strain 6475 into yogurt, only 2 of them reported stomach/bowel upset. I personally never experienced it. Nonetheless, any time one radically alters the microbiome of the stomach, messy things could happen.

It is only temporary while the good and bad bacteria fight it out for dominance :)

No such effect for me. In fact, I would say my skin is less oily these days than in years past. I can't say it is due to the yogurt as I have done many, many things to improve my health, but that is my anecdote.

Call it ridiculous but it's true, my skin is oilier than it has ever been 2 days after starting to take this. I decided I'll stay on this at least til I'm done with the bottle in 2 months because keeping my hair would be worth the extra oily skin. Same thing happened when i tried melanotan, automatically more oily skin.

I had no issue with melanotan and oily skin either! You've been dealt a bad hand!!

There’s a guy in the alternative treatments section that claims he had a gut bacteria transplant and his hair grew back in two years

Do you have a link?

At the time of this thread creation, there was only one product containing 1 million bacteria. Now there is a new version containing 10 billion.

https://www.biogaia.com/product/biogaia-osfortis/

Cant find any place which ships to europe sadly...

Actually, the original product, BioGaia Gastrus, contained 100 million CFU of straight 6475, as well as 100m of a different tummy-friendly strain.

I do believe in it and I was the first one on here to break the news about Osfortis, emailing with the distributor before it was even out, and I was probably the first one to order it too. I would have loved to continue taking it, but it made my skin oily to a level most people couldn't even imagine. That said, there are reviews saying it made people's skin better and even decreased oily skin, so i guess I just got screwed. I have gut issues that I'm working on, so once I get that fixed up I'm gonna give this probiotic another try. I have no stakes in whether you or anybody else keep their hair, but I know you'll never figure out a good treatment if you give up this early.

Have you ever tried water fasting? A couple rounds of a few days a piece might help you with your skin issues permanently; I've read about it helping others at least.

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@igamblesowhat Ive never tried water fasting before, maybe I will as Ive exhausted all oily skin treatment options. I got IBS, so a lot of things work counterintuitively on my stomach.

igamblesowhat

My Regimen
Reaction score
@igamblesowhat Ive never tried water fasting before, maybe I will as Ive exhausted all oily skin treatment options. I got IBS, so a lot of things work counterintuitively on my stomach.

Well, not eating does wonders for your stomach, as it gives the lining time to heal. The first 2 or 3 days are rough for a carb eater, much easier if you are already in ketosis from eating a high fat, low carb diet, as your body swaps from burning sugar/carbs to burning fats when one fasts. After the first 2 or 3 days, hunger disappears. At that point, an average person could go for a month or more plain water fasting.

I would advise taking it slowly at first, and listening to your body. Although I have seen people do over 7 days on their first try at a water fast, I stair stepped in myself, with 12 hour, 16hour, 24h, 36h, then multi-day fasts.

To each their own, but it is quite rejuvenating. And who knows, cleaning out all the BS in one's body might help regrow hair too (it does help the microbiome from what I have read).

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, not eating does wonders for your stomach, as it gives the lining time to heal. The first 2 or 3 days are rough for a carb eater, much easier if you are already in ketosis from eating a high fat, low carb diet, as your body swaps from burning sugar/carbs to burning fats when one fasts. After the first 2 or 3 days, hunger disappears. At that point, an average person could go for a month or more plain water fasting.

I would advise taking it slowly at first, and listening to your body. Although I have seen people do over 7 days on their first try at a water fast, I stair stepped in myself, with 12 hour, 16hour, 24h, 36h, then multi-day fasts.

To each their own, but it is quite rejuvenating. And who knows, cleaning out all the BS in one's body might help regrow hair too (it does help the microbiome from what I have read).
I'm currently trying a different yeast based probiotic that I've heard is good for IBS sufferers, so I'll see how this goes and then move on from there. What has your experience with atcc pta 6475 been like? Any hair improvement, or general mood improvement? It's such a bummer this didn't work out for me because I've heard so many good things about it.