Atcc Pta 6475, The Cure We Aren't Talking About?

mercail

My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy crap the shipping is 39.59 (To Chile) whereas the tablets (gastrus, not even osfortis) are 29$
Man screw internalization costs, this is just a ripoff

asabovesobelow

My Regimen
Reaction score
The key here is to increase the bacterial counts into the trillions and at the same time having a regular intake of prebiotics. The amount of prebiotics needed to optimally feed the bacteria is not known. An often recommended daily dose seems to range between 5 and 20g.

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried this for a few months everyday.. then I quit, only because the whole process was a pain, heating the half and half without scalding takes forever, then cooling takes forever, mostly because my last batch I got fuzzy mold on the milk. I want to know why you can't just incubate water with prebiotic inulin in it and drink that, why the need for milk?? If we could grind up the tablets and add an appropriate amount of inulin to water in jars, and somehow figure out an incubation method (I did some in the pressure cooker, sitting in water) I wonder if that would work. Im not clear on what these bacteria eat, do they eat prebiotic fiber as they apparently do in the gut, or fat and protein in milk?? The issue is the quantity given to mice was far more than what we would get in a tablet. I dont have a microscope that could confirm the amplification is working.. couple hundred bucks.

asabovesobelow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried this for a few months everyday.. then I quit, only because the whole process was a pain, heating the half and half without scalding takes forever, then cooling takes forever, mostly because my last batch I got fuzzy mold on the milk. I want to know why you can't just incubate water with prebiotic inulin in it and drink that, why the need for milk?? If we could grind up the tablets and add an appropriate amount of inulin to water in jars, and somehow figure out an incubation method (I did some in the pressure cooker, sitting in water) I wonder if that would work. Im not clear on what these bacteria eat, do they eat prebiotic fiber as they apparently do in the gut, or fat and protein in milk?? The issue is the quantity given to mice was far more than what we would get in a tablet. I dont have a microscope that could confirm the amplification is working.. couple hundred bucks.
The proof for the bacteria's growth is in the thickening of the milk. Most supermarkets should have a highly pasteurized milk. They're usually labeled as lasting longer. I've always used 3% fat milk and it turns into a thick, nicely tasting, yoghurt.

The reason milk is used is because it has lactose in it which the bacteria can also feed on in addition to the prebiotic fiber or dextrose. It also tastes much better than if you'd do it with water. But if you can't find this highly pasteurized type and just find it too much of a hassle to heat and cool, then you could probably use water or another liquid without competing bacteria in it. Just have in mind that you're going to need more prebiotic fiber or dextrose to yield the same result.