Apple Cider Vinegar... part II

UunoTurhapuro

Established Member
Reaction score
Even if the ACV doesn't do anything, one thing it will do is alkalize the body which is great thing. Acidic condition is the environment liked by many diseases.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
acvfan said:
Brick - no new updates. I'll (or hopefully Squeegee will!) upload the new pictures in March.
acvfan can you resend me the pictures so I can repost them.. just send them to my maibox .. I had a problem with my photo uploader website..I lost them all...

THANKS!!

monkey22

Reaction score
Its amazing!! here in argentina it's very difficult to get organic acv...have you updated photos?? it's to encourage us a bit more!! i think u should make a youtube video so people would know the treatment...

can i use non organic acv??

acvlover

Reaction score
i was doing a google search and ran on this article.so i decided to join and give my personal take on vinegar.i am glad to see others using acv for hairloss and it is so much more than just a hairloss helper.over time it will regenerate your body also if you are dedicated to using it everyday.i have been drinking 4 tablespoons in a tall 16 ounce glass of water at room temperature now since december the 26,2009 daily.i have been on this now going on 14 months.when i started my hair was thinning very much on top all over and i also have a receded hairline.i do still have the receded hairline,but my hair is very much thicker all over on top.so in other words what hair i still have is much thicker than it was a year ago.i live in hope that it will proceed foward and fill in,but i am absolutely tickled that it has regrown to what it has already.i used to wear baseball caps all the time and now i hardly ever wear one and it kinda feels funny wearing one now.i no longer feel i have to cover up my head now.i do take 1,000 mcg. of biotin,50 mg. of zinc,1,000 mg. of vitamin c,150 mcg. of kelp,and a grapeseed extract capsule daily.i were taking these supplements for a long time before starting the vinegar so i know that it is the vinegar that has done contributed to the thickening of my hair.the vinegar has also reduced stiffness in my body and i am now very flexible like i used to be.i am a 38 year old male.i do use the bragg brand vinegar.i have never applied it topically although i think this would be a great idea.there are so many theories to hairloss that i could not tell which would be correct if any are correct.i personally think it has more to do with diet and self intoxication of chemicals,preservatives and the like that contribute to hair loss more than anything else.i have often talked to my father about how when i was just a kid growing up in the 1970's that seeing a bald headed guy was a rare sight and they were generally pretty old men at that.now it is a rare sight to see a man that has a full head of hair.seems everyone just about has hairloss or is completely bald on top nowadays.my father also said that when he was growing up in the 50's you rarely ever saw a bald guy back then.so it is this theory i think is correct.which is that people eat food laced with so many chemical and preservatives man made junk that the body does not get real nutrition anymore and when you dont get enough nutrition guess what the body is going to do.it is going to use what little nutrition it gets to sustain life and processes such as hair growth will suffer tremendously.so what does vinegar have to do with all of this?one word nutrition.apple cider vinegar is a superfood that is loaded with vitamins,minerals,and enzymes that help to rebuild and repair the body.although i will admit it is a slow process and it does take time.after i started drinking vinegar everday it was close to 6 months before i saw a good improvement in hair thickness.it works slow,but it does work.so think of it this way,if you dont try it look where you will be in say 5 years from now.so i would say to all who read this thread try it and if persistent you will see results,just be patient.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any photo's showing success of ACV (before and after pics)?

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
acvlover said:
i have been drinking 4 tablespoons in a tall 16 ounce glass of water at room temperature now since december the 26,2010 daily.i have been on this now going on 14 months.

December 26, 2010 was less than 2 months ago... is this accurate?

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

acvlover

Reaction score
sorry about the date.i meant to say 12-26-09 sorry for the mistake.i have been drinking it for almost 14 months.

acvlover

Reaction score
i am sorry to say that i did not come up with this treatment myself and cannot take credit for it.i got the idea about drinking apple cider vinegar for hairloss from a book that i happened to run up on in a used bookstore about 2 years ago.the title of the book is young again by john thomas.it is very hard to find although you can find it sometimes through the internet.he says that for body rejuvenation (and hair)you have to rid yourself of toxins,chemicals,and crap that you eat and drink on a daily basis from poor diet.he states to eat a natural diet of vegetables and some lean meats.no store bought junk with man made chemicals.no things such as margarine,canola oil,soy bean oil,sugar and the like.i have noticed that alot of products now have soybean oil in them.his theory about these cooking oils is that when ingested they stop up and block the tiny capillaries that feed the scalp.he says that to regrow hair one must stay away from these foods and chemicals.to speed up the process to drink one of 3 things.apple cider vinegar,fresh squeezed lemon juice or a tea made from home called kombucha tea.i chose vinegar because of ease of getting it and it seems to be the most cost effective thing.he also talks about the ph of the body and to drink one of these acidic drinks daily that it will speed up hair regrowth.you should google this book title and pick up a copy of it if interested it has some very eye opening information in it regarding health matters that not only help the hair,but the whole body.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
acvlover,

So you're doing 4 table spoons once a day?

I've been doing 3 table spoons a day, but only for the past month. I think I'm going to do it twice a day.

At what point is it too much?

BTW, I finally got used to the taste. Well, I'm not gagging anymore.

acvlover

Reaction score
yes i drink 4 tablespoons once per day.if you want to drink more go ahead.sometimes i do drink it twice daily but rarely ever.

bunchies

Reaction score
Hey guys , i'm not really balding yet but after reading what acv can do (not alone the hair) it might be good to start this treatment at a young age (21 y/o) .
But i live in Belgium so i don't really know wich brand , if there is any .
So what do i need to look at when i buy acv in the supermarkets ?
That it has the "mother" wich is the brown stuff at the bottom i think ? and what else ?

greetz

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
bunchies,

Get organic…with the "mother", as you already know.

Why are you on HairLossTalk.com if you're not balding? Is it in your family? Good luck, dude.

bunchies

Reaction score
Anarch said:
bunchies,

Get organic…with the "mother", as you already know.

Why are you on HairLossTalk.com if you're not balding? Is it in your family? Good luck, dude.

thx for confirming ;) .
Well a few years ago i kinda freaked out after i noticed i had a mature hairline .
It hasnt really changed after these 2 years but it still looks a bit thin at the hairline corners just like 2 years ago .
My dad went bald at age 38 , and there isnt really male pattern baldness at my mothers side .
anyway after reading what acv can do with youre hair and its good for youre entire body , why not just use it everyday and be healthier and might help future hairloss in the long run .

Maelstrom

Established Member
Reaction score
Should it be drunk on an empty stomach? Before a meal or after?

Tip: If diluted with black current squash and water the taste is bearable. Keep another cup of just squash & water to rinse out afterwards.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Is anyone else percieving a reduction in sebum/ greasyness. I don't seem to be getting as much around the hair line since ingesting ACV twice a day!

I noticed the same thing. My forehead isn't as greasy at the end of the day, plus it stopped my itchy scalp too. I only noticed that my itchy scalp was gone yesterday. Realized it has been a couple weeks since my scalp itched really bad. Couple of weeks, which perfectly coincided with my starting ACV.

The other thing I noticed about taking ACV is that while the rest of my family got sick with the flu this past week, I didn't notice anything different besides a headache. Perhaps, the ACV made my body alkeline enough that the flu couldn't get a foot-hold and make me sick.

I prefer to take my ACV in a shot glass, followed by a shot of olive oil and 16oz of water. The olive oil really helps to kill the taste of ACV, plus it's damn good for you.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
Harie said:
monty1978 said:
Is anyone else percieving a reduction in sebum/ greasyness. I don't seem to be getting as much around the hair line since ingesting ACV twice a day!

I noticed the same thing. My forehead isn't as greasy at the end of the day, plus it stopped my itchy scalp too. I only noticed that my itchy scalp was gone yesterday. Realized it has been a couple weeks since my scalp itched really bad. Couple of weeks, which perfectly coincided with my starting ACV.

The other thing I noticed about taking ACV is that while the rest of my family got sick with the flu this past week, I didn't notice anything different besides a headache. Perhaps, the ACV made my body alkeline enough that the flu couldn't get a foot-hold and make me sick.

I prefer to take my ACV in a shot glass, followed by a shot of olive oil and 16oz of water. The olive oil really helps to kill the taste of ACV, plus it's damn good for you.

I took your advice and bought some olive oil. Drank a teaspoon before a meal and my digestion and urine floor have improved tremendously. OMG! Kudos!!! Going to the bathroom has been less stressful.