Apple Cider Vinegar... part II

montrose

Reaction score
on my first week and I'm having some stomach discomfort on 1 1\2 teaspoons a day. anyone else experience this?

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys on ACV, have you noticed any increase in dreams?! I'm constantly having dreams, since starting ACV.. Prior to ACV, I would have maybe 1 dream a month.. Sorry I know this has nothing to do with hair loss.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
finfighter said:
Just because something is ''natural'', doesn't mean, it doesn't have possible side effects as well. Just a heads up guys-

''By taking ACV in small amounts, risks are minimal, but when taking ACV in large doses and for a long period of time, there can be some risks.When using ACV in the long-term, it can lower potassium levels in the body as well as reduce bone density. It is suggested that people who have diabetes should talk to their doctors before using ACV.[7] Since ACV is highly acidic, it should always be mixed with water or juice to reduce the harmful acidity. In one instance, a woman received acid burns in the throat after taking the pill version.[6]

When taken as a supplement, there may be side effects such as irritability, nervousness, and palpitations; other side effects may occur, and theoretically it may interact with certain medicines.[8] Though less common, constipation, gastric hypersecretory conditions, gastrointestinal irritation, headaches, vertigo, and vomiting may occur. Though rare, angina pectoris, drug-induced hepatitis, fainting, heart attacks, and tachyarrhythmia are also listed side effects.[8] It may also cause irritability and wakefulness in infants.''

lower potassium level? acv is full of it. harmful acidity? your stomach is a highly acidic already lol.. Everything can have side effects.. I can have an heart attack masturbating..

acvfan

Reaction score
Squeegee, you're back! I was getting worried. I'm in the middle of trying a new experiment... I tried adding the royal jelly component as mentioned in the book; it didn't work for me at all. BUT.... putting my brain to work, I found that Burt's Bees makes a royal jelly lotion, so for about 2 weeks I've been putting the lotion on my scalp about 15 - 20 minutes after the acv. It feels great, doesn't dry out like other lotions, and I think the hair growth has become even greater. We'll see!

Established Member
Reaction score
avcfan said:
I have not changed anything since the last postings other than applying the acv directly to my scalp.

I still drink the mixture of 2- 4 tablespoons with water several times a day. I am still adhering to a low-to-no gluten diet.

I was never diagnosed with anything that would specifically be related to anything like this.

On the last post/thread some contributers mentioned putting it on the skin. I did the research and decided it wasn't a joke.

Between 2 and 4 times a day (after my shower in the morning, when I get home from work, before bed, sometimes I squeeze in another time) I soak a cotton ball and dab it on lightly-- not enough so it runs.

It really tingles when applied, and the smell does go away within a few minutes.

I bought the Braggs health book, and it mentions crushing a capsule of royal jelly and mixing it with a tablespoon of the acv.

I might be trying that soon, but I'm so happy and a little bit shocked- I knew it was working but I was even blown away by the photos-I might not mess with a good thing.

I hope Squeegee can upload the photos to this post soon as I have no idea how.

I'm going to post some more photos probably in late February or early March.

[quote:tssll9q6]Thanks, guys!

Have you been trying it?

In the Braggs book, it describes it in this way: each hair follicle has its own oil can.

The oil can gets clogged by this stuff called bottle bacilli which makes the hair stop growing.

The acv kills the bottle bacilli and stimulates the oil can for greater activity.

They even suggest adding a pinch of cayenne powder with it. (Page 26) I might give that a go, too.

oMRLI.jpg

bMEYV.jpg

Progress looks legit, might start putting this stuff on my temples.[/quote:tssll9q6]

Great Results.

Trying this myself - it's cheap so why not and good for health.

I got mine in the mail this morning, put a tablespoon in a glass of water and used a straw to get it down.

I'll put some on my temples using a cotton ball to see what happens.

tootall

Reaction score
Is anybody concerned about the Acv taking the enamel off your teeth? Even though your diluting it of course.
Hopefully I'm just being paranoid....

montrose

Reaction score
tootall said:
Is anybody concerned about the Acv taking the enamel off your teeth? Even though your diluting it of course.

You could drink it with a straw or rinse your mouth out with water then brush your teeth.

peter079

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking at those pictures, there seems to be good improvement.

But, Why have your ears turned RED. And your scalp aswell?
It looks like the capillaries have really opened up. Could this be from
the ACV? or maybe it is just sunburn?

tootall

Reaction score
montrose said:
tootall said:

You could drink it with a straw or rinse your mouth out with water then brush your teeth.

I use a straw but u still gulp it down and I do.try to rinse my mouth out right after.
I just started Acv and will report if I get any results.

acvfan

Reaction score
Peter079, that photo is red because I used a color enhance feature on my photo software to help show the gray and fine hairs that are growing. When I retake new photos in a few days, I'm going to try and turn the flash off so it's a better illustration of growth. About the teeth, I've experienced no problem and have been to the dentist twice- he's said nothing about enamel loss. But I have found that the calculus build up easily comes off when flossing.

thinninghairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
im on miconazole and ketoconazole topically for androgens once every other day.

was thinking about adding apple cider vinegar in to the mix

also just read an interesting fact. can someone clairify for me that apple cider vinegar containts acetic acid which helps by opening the hair capilaries???

well i found a non stick pure form of this in kids cough surrup. acetic acid is the only active ingredient nothing added or taken away. might apply topically and see what happends what you think ?

thinninghairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
i just now found it in a 2% and 33% formla from a large beauty company in uk.gonna do some more research on this , if i like what i ready ill see if i can buy it over the counter

BenVegas

Reaction score
Interesting, just came across this thread.

I wasn't totally surprised with ACV being helpful for hairloss - its an old 'folk' remedy - that i have used time and time again to good effect for sore throats and infections. Who knows how it works, but i have no doubt that it does - many friends have had positive results as well.

Here is a site i'm sure some of you will take with a grain of salt - but its user driven, and ACV trumps anything else in terms of its wide ranging effects.

(For users that are time sensitive - the link is 17 pages long, you can scoll down and through pages to quickly see the list of ailments that it has worked on - also and each persons reports)

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html

acvfan

Reaction score
Here are my March photos.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K6JOYFYC

I took them outside so there was no flash. All the white hairs show up great, as well as the little starter hairs that will begin growing. (As I mentioned in an earlier post, that's how it seems to work-- dark little pin points show up, then the hair starts to grow.) I also re-uploaded the December picture with no color enhance so it's not so red. Now- the ultimate science experiment. One of my buddies who is an absolute chrome dome has started taking acv last Saturday. I saw him Wednesday, and he was freaking out because he could already feel growth stubble. I asked him to document his results.

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
Is anyone taking AC internally via pills? How many would you need to take to get the same amount as people drinking it?

peter079

Established Member
Reaction score
acvfan said:
Here are my March photos.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K6JOYFYC

I took them outside so there was no flash. All the white hairs show up great, as well as the little starter hairs that will begin growing. (As I mentioned in an earlier post, that's how it seems to work-- dark little pin points show up, then the hair starts to grow.) I also re-uploaded the December picture with no color enhance so it's not so red. Now- the ultimate science experiment. One of my buddies who is an absolute chrome dome has started taking acv last Saturday. I saw him Wednesday, and he was freaking out because he could already feel growth stubble. I asked him to document his results.

The link isn't working. For me anyway. Comes up with a website selling downloads.

DarkDays

Reaction score
What I would like to know, considering it seems to be working for some, is what its mechanism is. Is it making the skin around the follicle better or is it the potassium levels it provides?

Anyone with a good info about the mechanism of ACV?