Apple Cider Vinegar... part II

Hoppi

Reaction score
f* man this thing is freakin' HUGE ._.

Like, seriously, as anyone who may have been following my other thread and such stuff has probably seen.. ugh, I believe the connection of male pattern baldness/Androgenetic Alopecia to the digestive system is.... well, IT. It for a very high percentage of people with androgen-rooted hair loss.

And with god as my witness i WILL figure this one out!!!!!

ACV... is good for BOTH things I am currently focusing on very greatly - liver fat and candida. I greatly believe it's essential to analyze WHY acv seems to work and pick that apart for use in treating male pattern baldness/Androgenetic Alopecia.

I believe that somewhere between sluggish/fatty liver and candida / leaky gut.... we will find our answers :)

Hoppi

Hoppi

Reaction score
acvfan said:
Braggs is the brand- but any organic brand would work if it says it has "The Mother"; the spidery web-like cloudy stuff. I drink 2-3 tablespoons in a glass of water 2- 3 times a day, then apply with a cotton ball 2 times a day. Another great acv benefit I've noticed: all of the flowering tress are dumping out their pollen and I've had no allergies, runny nose, or sneezing this year-- amazing stuff.

THAT actually sounds like you may have killed off candida!

Candida is associated with allergies, itching, etc :)

hm......

acvfan

Reaction score
Hoppi, your hypothesis is incredible and makes great sense. I hope that more people are giving acv a try and keeping documentation. Back to the allergy component: I mowed the yard for the first time this season today and raked 8 industrial-size-bags worth of leaves. I drank acv before, once during, and when I was done- I am not the least bit congested or showing any other allergy symptom.

Jacob

Reaction score
I think there's some debate as to whether candida causes those types of allergies. Some do say it's the potassium(coconut water anyone?) and/or building up of the immune system that makes ACV work.

BTW..why don't they put that "mother" in gelcaps..or even sell it on it's own? Or maybe they do. I know ACV is available in in gelcaps.

Established Member
Reaction score
could I trouble someone for some quick answers to the below as I simply do not have time to read through this entire thread.

1. ACV.. is this acidic or alkaline? I assume that is is an alkaline if it's being used as a counter to candida???

2. application to the noggin... are you just applying ACV or are you doing the immortal hair combo and adding cayenne pepper and other sheit into the mix and using it as sort of a natural minoxidil as he calls it??

thanks

Jacob

Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
Jacob said:

Don't ya just hate it when your buddy that works at your favorite fast food joint tells you about all the nasty things he has seen in the kitchen....and what accidentally fell in the bean dip....

Thanks Jacob.. :puke:

:laugh:

That guy(or gal)/place actually sells apple cider http://mars.ark.com/~squeeze/ and ACV..so you'd think he'd know a little bit about it. Maybe he's wrong..but then again, maybe that's why they don't sell the plain "mothers" (if no one does) :laugh:

Jacob

Reaction score
You may actually be able to get the "mother" on it's own. I was looking at Swanson's black vinegar again(btw..with that product or their regular acv gelcaps..they once in awhile have a bogo sale) and came across this:

The first step in making Chinese black vinegar, or any type of vinegar, begins with a starter or "mother," which contains the bacteria that ferments your solution into vinegar. Vinegar starters are available at vinegar supply shops and some wine shops.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_7370049_chinese-black-vinegar-made_.html

The Swanson products if anyone is interested:

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU292/ItemDetail?n=0

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWK017/ItemDetail?n=0

Edit: Here's an example of the "mother"..vinegar starter: http://www.localharvest.org/natural-vinegar-starter-mother-of-vinegar-C10279

Jacob

Reaction score
1750 said:
could I trouble someone for some quick answers to the below as I simply do not have time to read through this entire thread.

1. ACV.. is this acidic or alkaline? I assume that is is an alkaline if it's being used as a counter to candida???

2. application to the noggin... are you just applying ACV or are you doing the immortal hair combo and adding cayenne pepper and other sheit into the mix and using it as sort of a natural minoxidil as he calls it??

thanks

On #1: Read the whole "note" section(under "click for comparison chart")..it's not letting me highlight to copy/paste it here: http://www.coconutsecret.com/vinegar2.html#
And there's another option..coconut vinegar.

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
1750 said:

thanks

On #1: Read the whole "note" section(under "click for comparison chart")..it's not letting me highlight to copy/paste it here: http://www.coconutsecret.com/vinegar2.html#
And there's another option..coconut vinegar.

thanks... not real expensive either it seems :)

Jacob

Reaction score

Hoppi

Reaction score
I don't personally feel that using ACV topically is really getting to the heart of the problem. It may yield some results, but I really feel that we need to focus on what in our bodies is possibly inadequate that ACV boosts up.

I still very much believe the liver is at the heart of most Androgenetic Alopecia, even if the actual cause of it struggling are toxins from the digestive tract, or struggling kidneys. I reckon if we were to boost our liver strength to like double, Androgenetic Alopecia would probably stop... don't you think? (for argument's sake)

Hoppi

Reaction score
I might go on high dose silymarin and Liv.52 combined as well as everything else to see if it helps O.O heh

Can't hurt eh? ^^

acvfan

Reaction score
Hoppi, this is great info. Here is the logic behind using the acv topically. "The high acidity (organic malic acid) plus powerful enzymes (life chemicals) in ACV kill the bottle bacillus, a germ responsible for many scalp and hair conditions. The problems caused by bottle bacillus include itching scalp, dandruff, thinning hair and often baldness. Every hair has its own oil can. Bottle bacilli clogs the openings. Scales and small dry crusts are formed. Itching and dandruff result. The oil-starved hairs either fall out or break off, causing thinning of the hair and often baldness. Apple cider vinegar not only kills bottle bacillus, but stimulates the oil cans to healthier, balanced activity. Pour two tablespoons ACV in cup. Moisten cotton with water, then soak in the ACV. Part the hair in sections, and apply directly to scalp. Leave on for at least 15 minutes, up to two or three hours, before shampooing… this helps to restore the proper acid/alkaline balance to scalp. For acute cases, this should be done daily or before every shampoo. For a healthy, after shampoo rinse (also for body) add 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar to quart of rinse water." - Paul C. Bragg

Read more: http://www.dherbs.com/articles/apple-ci ... z1HE7kczzh

Hoppi

Reaction score
Interesting! Could I use my plentiful supply of colloidal silver to kill it too? hehe ^_^

I have about 4 litres of the stuff in my room at the moment xD

Thing is.. I guess the reason I never really pursue topical things other than as "quick fixes", is because I see that at the same time as my scalp hair started thinning, my bodily hair started increasing. Doesn't this therefore suggest the root of the problem is purely hormonal, and that nothing happened to my scalp directly to cause male pattern baldness, only the effects of the systemic hormones?

That was my logic anyway!! lol

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Err well how could your hormones be responsible?

Unless you have really high levels of T and/or DHT which you could easily test for?

Hoppi

Reaction score
hairhoper said:
Err well how could your hormones be responsible?

Unless you have really high levels of T and/or DHT which you could easily test for?

well, I think the most important thing to note here is that there are other androgens other than T and DHT, such as DHEA.

Additionally, in studies, a weak liver is proven to cause hormonal changes and imbalances.

I think to rule it out is... well... wrong. lol

Jacob

Reaction score

acvlover

Reaction score
acvfan your pic's look very impressive.as i have stated i have been on acv daily since december 26th,2009.to all of the people on this thread that are using this regimen after awhile you should feel some definite loosening of the scalp tissue.acv helps to take the strain off of the scalp skin.seems most all men with male pattern baldness have a tight constricted scalp.over the course of many months i feel that my skull has shrunk a little bit and that is a good sign.is this just in my head,no i have noticed this in my caps and hats being looser than they used to although i don't rarely ever wear a cap.i have noticed over the years that my head seems to have enlarged some,but now i think it is going in reverse and hope this keeps up.although i have been using acv and getting results i have been wondering and trying to come up with theories of as to why and how acv works exactly.there could be several different theories to this subject and i have still been doing research on this subject and have come up with one theory although it is just a theory as i am no expert at all,i am just like everyone else on this forum and other forums trying to find the cause and cure of male pattern baldness.well here goes one theory=i think since medical experts always blame male pattern baldness as being genetic caused by 5 alpha reductase,dht,bad genes,etc. and blah blah blah i still think there many of the pieces of the puzzle missing.it could be as simple as your diet although since researching this i have come up with it somehow being related to scalp follicles that are insulin resistant and this over time causing a shrinking hair follicles that go dormant on the scalp.some drs. that have an open mind think that it could be this causing baldness even though the person does not in some cases have diabetes.this research has been exciting for me cause it could very well be related to insulin resistance.i do not have diabetes (yet anyway) and some of the symptoms seem to correlate with male pattern baldness and aging in general.i think you all should google insulin resistance causing male pattern baldness and do some investigative research for yourselves.so back to acv and how does this play in with the insulin connection.if you are a diabetic you can drink acv and your insulin levels will fall dramatically in a short while as i happen to know people who personally do this.it helps them alot.so i think by drinking acv on a daily basis it keeps insulin levels in check and after awhile you start seeing regrowth like acvfan has.using it topically like he has is a good idea,but i think the drinking of it is where the magic really happens.i am 38 years old and i had noticed that my body hair had diminished over time,but since starting acv i have noticed it has increased dramatically as my scalp hair has gotten thicker also so i don't buy into the dht theory being the only cause of male pattern baldness.i think over time acv detox's the body from the inside out and that is why i am seeing scalp and body hair regrowth.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
ACV helps a lot with EDEMA.. and I think after all that male pattern baldness is caused by a local EDEMA.. I am in Kandahar right now on the Air field..just got my internet connection..! This place is a damn zoo! Cannot believe the money we all spending for this stupid so called war lol.. America spent 280 millions in that sh*t hole last month just to chase and kill bad guys in sandals!!! Feel like I am at the Olympics right now with all the Nations here supporting the mission. Sorry for this thread jacking session!