Apple Cider Vinegar... part II

acvfan

Reaction score
"The high acidity (organic malic acid) plus powerful enzymes (life chemicals) in ACV kill the bottle bacillus, a germ responsible for many scalp and hair conditions. The problems caused by bottle bacillus include itching scalp, dandruff, thinning hair and often baldness. Every hair has its own oil can. Bottle bacilli clogs the openings. Scales and small dry crusts are formed. Itching and dandruff result. The oil-starved hairs either fall out or break off, causing thinning of the hair and often baldness. Apple cider vinegar not only kills bottle bacillus, but stimulates the oil cans to healthier, balanced activity. Pour two tablespoons ACV in cup. Moisten cotton with water, then soak in the ACV. Part the hair in sections, and apply directly to scalp. Leave on for at least 15 minutes, up to two or three hours, before shampooing… this helps to restore the proper acid/alkaline balance to scalp. For acute cases, this should be done daily or before every shampoo. For a healthy, after shampoo rinse (also for body) add 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar to quart of rinse water." - Paul C. Bragg

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That only explains when its applied topically though. No information about drinking it? That's what seems to be working for some moreso than applying topically

acvfan

Reaction score
"The falling out of hair is primarily due to a tissue salt deficiency, thus cider vinegar with its 'wonder products' will re-establish a natural balance, and supply the deficiencies where needed. Therefore, by taking the cider vinegar treatment the hair will maintain its natural growth. It will cease to fall out and grow more rapidly and thickly. This will take approximately two months, so perseverence is needed. The dosage is one teaspoonful of cider vinegar to a glass of water to be taken with or between meals. Cider vinegar can also be used externally for the treatment of dandruff, see under heading of External Treatments."

http://lacetoleather.com/wondrugpag3.html

DarkDays

Reaction score
I've been taking ACV supplements very on and off(mostly off), but I am thinking of trying to stick to them better now, despite the inherent danger of taking them with the medication I am already taking(I am taking spironolactone which is a potassium sparing medication).

I am currently on spironolactone and estrogen and I've had some decent regrowth(added on the regrowth I had the year before I started when I was doing the big 3. I quit minoxidil but I take propecia erratically and use Keto shampoo 2-3 a week. I am hoping the ACV can give me an extra edge if i stick to in a more regular manner. I am also taking probiotics against candea which has made an amazing difference to my body. Not sure if it has resulted in better hair, but better digestion and skin is enough for me to continue that.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DarkDays said:
I've been taking ACV supplements very on and off(mostly off), but I am thinking of trying to stick to them better now, despite the inherent danger of taking them with the medication I am already taking(I am taking spironolactone which is a potassium sparing medication).

I am currently on spironolactone and estrogen and I've had some decent regrowth(added on the regrowth I had the year before I started when I was doing the big 3. I quit minoxidil but I take propecia erratically and use Keto shampoo 2-3 a week. I am hoping the ACV can give me an extra edge if i stick to in a more regular manner. I am also taking probiotics against candea which has made an amazing difference to my body. Not sure if it has resulted in better hair, but better digestion and skin is enough for me to continue that.

Darkdays, how old are you? What Norwood are you? How come you are on such powerful meds. 10mg a day finasteride...woah...

DarkDays

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
DarkDays said:

Darkdays, how old are you? What Norwood are you? How come you are on such powerful meds. 10mg a day finasteride...woah...

I'm 32 and I was probably N2.5 a year ago with severe diffuse thinning but now I am N2 with diffuse thinning here and there(but it is seemingly thickening slowly, at least I am hoping).

The reason for the meds is that I am a transwoman who started Hormone Replacement Therapy about 3-4 months ago. I take 100mg of spironolactone twice a day and 2mg of Feminest(estrogens) three times a day.

With the right lighting I can hide the thinning.

http://i.imgur.com/mDFWA.jpg

My biggest battle is to get my damn temples to regrow. They are currently overflowing with small vellus hairs, but no terminals.

I've actually played around with a few things, such as:

- Dutasteride
Had to quite those after I started Hormone Replacement as they started to give me massive brain fog. At some point I thought I was about to die even.

- Tried the Revita shampoo for a while religiously(bathed and used it every single day for 3 months). Didn't document it for me personally(I was averse of mirrors. Still am to be honest).

- A few supplements here and there. Currently trying to stick to a probiotics regimen. Also taking now ACV daily and biotin along with a local blend that is for hair(has a lot of sh*t in it).

- I tried going the miconazole routine in May, but I was only able to get one tube while in Mexico and I can't buy them locally as they are ALL supplemented with steroids...

I've used Minoxidil but I quit as I don't want to rely on a product that will be detrimental to keeping my hair in check(ie. making it presentable for when I go to work and so). The liquid always dried up the hair so much that it started to curl up.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ahhh ok. That makes sense now.

Your picture is impressive. If you had not told me I would have thought you were a women. No doubt.

DarkDays

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
Ahhh ok. That makes sense now.

Your picture is impressive. If you had not told me I would have thought you were a women. No doubt.

Considering I once looked like a mafia soldier(I always used to gel my hair back and had a narrow piercing gaze that would have made Clint Eastwood proud) I take that as a compliment. :)

tootall

Reaction score
Been doing some research. Not sure if this has been brought up... but from what I found, DO NOT brush your teeth right after taking your Acv. It softens the enamel I guess, and you should wait at least 30 mins to an hour to brush.

I thought brushing was important to get it off right away.

Also, does anybody know if juice makes the acv less effective and we should use water?

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
What's the best study/article out there that lays out hard evidence that ACV can be beneficial to hair loss? For that matter, ditto for health benefits in general.

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
So I just bought a bottle of ACV for 3 bucks. Cheaper than I expected.

I tried downing a teaspoon of the stuff and that was just nasty. Tried again with a teaspoon in a cup of water and it was much more tolerable. If you do that, what amount of rinsing afterwards is necessary? Can you just rinse your mouth out with water and be done with it?

DMarte123

Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
acvfan said:
Here are my March photos.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K6JOYFYC

I took them outside so there was no flash. All the white hairs show up great, as well as the little starter hairs that will begin growing. (As I mentioned in an earlier post, that's how it seems to work-- dark little pin points show up, then the hair starts to grow.) I also re-uploaded the December picture with no color enhance so it's not so red. Now- the ultimate science experiment. One of my buddies who is an absolute chrome dome has started taking acv last Saturday. I saw him Wednesday, and he was freaking out because he could already feel growth stubble. I asked him to document his results.

I was able to pull up the last photos you linked but not these....I would like to see them if anyone can get to them and post them that would be great!

Has anyone been able to pull them up? Could be why there are not more comments on them acvfan!

I was able to pull up the pictures. What you have to do is click the orange highlighted download link, then scroll down the page and wait for the countdown (30 seconds) to expire. When that expires you can download the pictures.

After having viewed the supposed results I have to say I'm not impressed. Acvfan suggested in September that he had been using ACV for two months, so for eight months to go by and the only success is perhaps some terminal hairs I wouldn't be too thrilled. No one would call a regimen on minoxidil or Propecia successful with similar results.

Established Member
Reaction score
Wcis1.jpg

i39v7.jpg

rCIjH.jpg

hGc7i.jpg

RBxcx.jpg

qe0pj.jpg

Vxxaa.jpg

acvfan

Reaction score
The photos are 100% authentic. Since they've been uploaded here, I deleted the MegaUpload file. I'll post some more result photos in June.

acvfan

Reaction score
I sat on the deck cross-legged so I wouldn't move, contorted my arms to get the camera above my head, then just snapped the photos and hoped that my head was in the frame.

fight_the_power

Reaction score
I would thank you for creating this thread and providing us all these pics that is very helpful.

But to be honest I'm sure if I'm seeing a lot of regrowth, you obviously havent lost more hair but its hard to tell for certain how much regrowth you are having. Maybe its the lighting. But please keep us updated, thanks.

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
@ acvfan - How do you apply Apple Cider Vinegar to your scalp? Cotton Wool? Rinse?

acvfan

Reaction score
I soak a cotton ball then apply it to my head. I have been doing it after I shower. Then when that's dry, I put on the Burt's Bees royal jelly lotion. I ran into my chrome-dome -red-headed friend today. He's been very diligent in using the acv and is still freaking out about his hair growth.

S&L

Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't read the entire thread , but is there a specific type of acv you use ? only topical ? where do you buy yours ?

acvfan

Reaction score
Braggs is the brand- but any organic brand would work if it says it has "The Mother"; the spidery web-like cloudy stuff. I drink 2-3 tablespoons in a glass of water 2- 3 times a day, then apply with a cotton ball 2 times a day. Another great acv benefit I've noticed: all of the flowering tress are dumping out their pollen and I've had no allergies, runny nose, or sneezing this year-- amazing stuff.