Apple Cider Vinegar... part II

hethen

Reaction score
Couldn't you just mix it with something else...like cranberry juice or even whiskey / vodka?

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hethen said:
Couldn't you just mix it with something else...like cranberry juice or even whiskey / vodka?

It would make almost anything you mixed it with taste awful. Maybe Cranberry juice is potent enough to mask the taste...Maybe.

Aedan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i bought a 5 liter carton of Devon apple cider vinegar, with the mother, from bobbys health shop...

I did this as my brother who has been using braggs apple cider vinegar for 3-4 months is so confident it is working has not been on minoxidil for months... his regime is braggs apple cider vinegar and that mega-tek horse shampoo.

He says he loves touching his hair as it's thicker than ever, and he can't pull out any hairs.... I have witnessed this and was impressed.... time will tell however in a few more months if he sheds like crazy with no minoxidil.

question i needa ask tho, or query.

His braggs apple cider vinegar with the mother is very foul tasting and smelling, very strong vinegar taste..

the stuff i got which is supposed to be the exact same thing i assume... apple cider vinegar with the mother, however tastes and smells slightly different. it tastes a bit more like cider than anything else, and does not smell as harsh, in saying that it still turns the stomach a bit trying to down it.

The formulas look the exact same tho.... different smell and taste though?

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Isn't the Mega tek a leave in treatment, not a shampoo? I could be wrong?
I read it only helps people get longer hair, not with thinning, baldness or regrowth. Hopefull i am wrong!!

angusmojo

Reaction score
Regarding the connection between balding and insufficient potassium levels, you may be interested to know the components of the "so called" revolutionary TRX2 from Oxford Labs.

I just received it and here are the ingredients, you'll see how easy it is to do your own stack reproducing TRX2 "cutting edge science" as they say...
Amount per serving:
1) Potassium chloride 191mg
2) Biotin 150 ug (microgram)
3) Carnipure tartrate (L-Carnitine Tartrate) 800mg
4) Nicotinic acid 40mg
5) L-Leucine 150mg
6) Isoleucine 75 mg
7) Valine 75mg

It's recommended to take 3 capsules per day.

1) is easily available in bulk powder at a few $
2) is already in the stack of everyone here probably at higher dose (5000 ug)
3) is recommended in the immortalhair regimen and cost a few $ also
4) is also called niacin or vitamin B3, no need to say more
5), 6) and 7) also called BCAA is a famous stack of amino acid in sport regimen in the same quantity as BCAA pills you'll find everywhere

1 month supply costs 59€. So you may do the same for less and you can easily raise amounts for less.

I'll take you inform of my results w/ it but because acv could be linked to potassium channel, maybe it's not the snake-oil that most are saying.

Hoppi

Reaction score
I'm back on the ACV now as it seems a wiser choice than my malic acid supplements! I'm not sure if it's just the malic acid that makes acv useful but I think it has to be one of the absolute core components!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
interesting stuff:

In my opinion, your body's pH is determined by two things: 1) What you put into your body (food, beverages, drugs, etc.) and 2) What you eliminate or withhold inside your body (removal or harboring of acidic waste).

I personally believe Dr. Volkov's claims, and am presently beginning research to verify the hypothesis that increased acid in the gut will help to restore and maintain the body's natural pH balance through a process called homeostasis. I am of the opinion that at birth the pH of our gut is generally around 1.0. As we get older, our gut pH may rise to 2.0 or more. This is an astronomical difference and at this higher level the stomach may have trouble breaking down the foods we consume.

I am working to prove that disease comes from the same root cause-an increase of the pH of the gut, which can cause a massive overload of undigested food to build up in the intestines, eventually turning into putrefied acid waste (toxins). The body would then have no choice but to store this acid waste in its own tissues and stored fat, thus creating a more friendly environment for disease.

I want to prove that the countless names attached to illnesses do not really matter. What does matter is that they all come from the same root cause- too much tissue acid waste in the body!

For thousands of years, vinegar has been used to aide digestion. In Apple Cider Vinegar - Miracle Health System, Patricia Bragg states the secret of health lies in internal cleanliness. She states "Apple Cider Vinegar is a powerful cleansing and healing elixir for a healthier, stronger, longer life!" [Editor: H3O Concentrate (tm), when properly diluted, provides the acidity found in vinegar, but tastes like water, and is easy to drink.

Is Hypochlorhydria has something to do with hair loss?

acvfan

Reaction score
Squeegee, this is amazing stuff. I look forward to learning more. I'm still having sensational results. In fact just yesterday a woman from work that I haven't seen in a month said, "Nice haircut" to me. I haven't cut my hair, it's just that now I HAVE hair!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
squeegee said:
interesting stuff:

In my opinion, your body's pH is determined by two things: 1) What you put into your body (food, beverages, drugs, etc.) and 2) What you eliminate or withhold inside your body (removal or harboring of acidic waste).

I personally believe Dr. Volkov's claims, and am presently beginning research to verify the hypothesis that increased acid in the gut will help to restore and maintain the body's natural pH balance through a process called homeostasis. I am of the opinion that at birth the pH of our gut is generally around 1.0. As we get older, our gut pH may rise to 2.0 or more. This is an astronomical difference and at this higher level the stomach may have trouble breaking down the foods we consume.

I am working to prove that disease comes from the same root cause-an increase of the pH of the gut, which can cause a massive overload of undigested food to build up in the intestines, eventually turning into putrefied acid waste (toxins). The body would then have no choice but to store this acid waste in its own tissues and stored fat, thus creating a more friendly environment for disease.

I want to prove that the countless names attached to illnesses do not really matter. What does matter is that they all come from the same root cause- too much tissue acid waste in the body!

For thousands of years, vinegar has been used to aide digestion. In Apple Cider Vinegar - Miracle Health System, Patricia Bragg states the secret of health lies in internal cleanliness. She states "Apple Cider Vinegar is a powerful cleansing and healing elixir for a healthier, stronger, longer life!" [Editor: H3O Concentrate (tm), when properly diluted, provides the acidity found in vinegar, but tastes like water, and is easy to drink.

Is Hypochlorhydria has something to do with hair loss?

Yeah but ACV raises the bodys ph it doesn't lower it! So that doesn't make any sense. Unless a high acid concentration in the gut is what enables the rest of the body to remain at a higher alkalinity because of greater efficiency of the gut at breaking stuff down?

Anyone?

There is a difference between the Ph in the gut and the Ph in the blood..

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
It is also believed that vinegar (acetic acid along with its acetate salt) may help buffer and maintain stomach acid at a pH level of about 3.0.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
acvfan said:
Squeegee, this is amazing stuff. I look forward to learning more. I'm still having sensational results. In fact just yesterday a woman from work that I haven't seen in a month said, "Nice haircut" to me. I haven't cut my hair, it's just that now I HAVE hair!

Are you drinking or also applying it to your hair? I'm still trying to figure that out. :) :punk:

acvfan

Reaction score
I'm doing both. I drink about 2 tablespoons with water 2 or 3 times a day, and apply it with a cotton ball directly to my scalp 2 or 3 times a day as well. I bought the Braggs book; it suggested adding a royal jelly capsule to the acv and a pinch of cayenne powder. I tried that a few days but, unless I bought the wrong stuff, it made my hair very brittle- so I stopped, and continued with only the acv.

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
acvfan - any quick updates? how is the hair doing/growing?

I'm so curious about the hairline you have no i dea :woot:

acvfan

Reaction score
Brick - no new updates. I'll (or hopefully Squeegee will!) upload the new pictures in March.

Jake97

Reaction score
Tablespoon - is that the bigger spoon that you eat soup with, or the smaller for tea, coffe...