Anyone else considering totally checking out of society?

DPAMan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"What, you're suffering from depression because of you are losing your hair? I don't know, it never occurred to me that losing one's hair could be something that makes you depressed."

The a**h** in me would want to laugh in a guy's face who said that crap... but then I would just end up looking like a maniac.

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
I was born in communism. Nobody and I mean absolutely NOBODY was fat back then. Just watch old pictures or movies of communism, nobody is fat. My parents waked up early in the morning and queued for hours to get some food. Look at North Korea, only their insane leader is fat, the rest of the population is sickly thin.

Being fat is 100% eating too much. Fat people did this to themselves. I'm not talking about a little belly, as long as you have a normal BMI you're okay. But being above the normal range means you are one gluttonous person.

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
Nah Fred, you had no right to complain. Only transexuals and homosexuals are specials snowflakes that need to parade the streets to get attention. Screw you and your self image. If you wanted to have a vagina, you'd get free surgery and people will cheer for you. You just wanted hair as a normal young person, people spit in your face.

Note, I'm not a homophone, I totally agree with gays right and marriage. I'm just saying what priorities do liberals have. People want to sound so progressive but forget about the day to day issues that affect people the most. In Ireland they voted on gay marriage but women still have to get an abortion in the UK because it's illegal to that in their own countries. It's more socially acceptable to want a vagina than to want hair as a young person.

- - - Updated - - -

Lolz @ "I'm not a homophone". I wanted to say "homophobe".

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll say one thing Fred. How the **** does that hairline still stay intact until the very end? Your whole top is under attack big time, the hairline is thinning but still there holding on until the very bitter end. To me, as a receder (even if it isn't advanced), this is very strange to see. Shows how different male pattern baldness can be.

Is that your adult hairline or has it receded too? Mine was very low and had temple points.

I agree, losing such an amount of hair so early must have been hard.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, totally get you. I would say the best pattern in male pattern baldness (if there was one) would be a very slow pattern which starts at the vertex. Although some of these guys say they prefer to be a receder as can style it with thick hair, whereas thick hair can't hide the crown as it's harder to layer it (valid point).

There is a diffuser at work, like mid 30s. I feel I can count how many hairs he has left on his head, that's how little he has. But the hairline outline is there with the rest of his head. I think diffuse tends to be more aggressive as it's all DHT sensitive.

Have you seen the latest mission impossible? Although every main guy had a prominent hairstyle with good hair, there was one exception at the end. He was SEVERELY DIFFUSED but had grown it out with an intact hairline, looked very strange. Think he was called Attlee in the movie, they must have said he has to do it to fulfil the older intellectual look.

It was this guy

mcburney_395.jpg

He was outdoors at one point in the movie, dressed up with glasses, but it looked more diffused than this.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree on Kevin Smith. I would like that as he has thick hair still, maybe, but it's tough to decide. Ultimately though, we would still worry about it if we hate losing hair. Some get anxious thinking oh people can see it from behind me. The way it goes.

For you I would definitely fill in the crown. You have thin coverage at the front, even with it buzzed, so if you have a bald patch at the back, it will look like natural balding but still obvious hair loss. You have to take into account the whole package. So I agree with the crown filling to give a more uniform look, worst case scenario it looks diffuse, but at least it's uniform imo.

Problem with the belgian actor is he is too visibly bald. Okay he has front coverage, but he has gone into that bald territory for me.

This guy was in Mission impossible and buzzed, think he is 50 plus. If you can get something close to that thickness would look pretty good - not sure if you can unless you start using beard/body.

NarbildGronTrojaStaende.jpg

Tapajer1991

Reaction score
Just imagine being a receder with a big forehead. That's what I'm dealing with. I would rather lose all my top hair than to have a receding hairline and no temples point. Plus, I live in the most superfluous country in the world(the U.S). It's why I'm trying to do a hair transplant to get my frame back. Without it, I look awful.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can see how SMP helps for the buzzed look. I do agree, less is more. If it looks ultra thick and is never grown out, just doesn't look right. I am still uneasy with the idea of hair tattoos but each to their own.

I wouldn't say my views are extreme. In the sense, you think bald people with male pattern baldness are seen as losers, whereas shaving through choice is not. I don't believe it's black and white like that. I think most guys look best with medium length hair or more, but some also look good shaved. Now if it's shaved through choice or male pattern baldness, I don't feel there is much difference objectively for girls. Psychologically everyone on here hates male pattern baldness and may just want a frame, so it helps mentally.

My cousin is fully bald and shaves sly. He looks clean and younger, still does okay with girls but maybe not as much as before. A frame would help more but if it was a thin buzz cut, I know he would not want it, I don't think it would improve his look. It wouldn't improve his quality of life. He would want good density, growing it out, if it was possible. Like some bald guys on here want that, that would be a big change.

A guy came on a dating show here in the UK and most the girls said no. When asked, she said I can't take a shaved head guy back home. He had a hairline. So it comes down to preference, some girls like that look, some don't. It suits some guys, doesn't suit others too e.t.c.

Regarding the belgian actor, I have a better frame than him or at least the same with thick hair there and behind though. But my point is he would be seen as bald. It would be deluded to think otherwise imo. Look how much hair he is missing behind and in the middle, like all of it. No one is going to think "oh he has a frame of Norwood 2.5 so it's okay." It's more an instinctive thing. He looks like an advanced monk's bald patch, again that is known here too. You just need eyes to see all this.

What pattern of male pattern baldness did your Dad have btw? Maybe people oh you still have hair as they didn't want to hurt you. Family, friends wouldn't want you to worry. It's quite a common attitude.

For Kevin Smith that you showed me, it's obvious he has a hole but because it's early stages and he has thick hair elsewhere, it won't be a big deal. Again, I don't think male pattern baldness is something to be ashamed off. Personally I find it horrible, but I think from a society view point it's not as bad. I know you will disagree here but some bald guys say the same thing. I walk with my cousin, is it that bad? I don't think so. Mentally yes. I hope you know what I mean at least.

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
Fred, one of my relatives has hair like that François Damiens guy (actually better). I only noticed this because I was looking at pictures but if you would have asked me before caring about hair, I would have said he's not bald because the image I have of him when I looked at him was that he had a hairline. People only care when there is something really off, they know someone is somehow less attractive but they can't quite pinpoint the problem.

Tapajer1991

Reaction score
The toughest thing for is to deal with my work place where I'm the only guy losing hair. People notice I have thinning hair by staring at my hairline.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
My own experience says otherwise. I have seen people called out for a crown patch, receding hairline, diffuse thinning. Maybe not with that terminology but it's been called balding. By both guys and girls. Again, this doesn't mean it has a negative connotation. Just that it's an observation.

Regarding Jude Law, well considering his corners have gone to the middle of his head and he has a thin landing strip in the middle - it's obvious with that much recession. Just like the other guys with big crown holes or thin hair all the way through.

It's delusional to think people are stupid and don't pick on these things. People notice much finer detail about you than simple things like hair, that's easy. You guys make it sound like drawing a NW1 line with a crayon will be enough. I don't think my views are extreme at all regarding how hair should be.

Basically you say people don't notice hair loss and baldness is seen as loserish. I say people notice hair loss but it isn't viewed necessarily as loserish :)

That's it! Going by your logic Fred, I don't need a transplant. I don't agree with that. If I can style it better, it's good for me.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
My own experience says otherwise. I have seen people called out for a crown patch, receding hairline, diffuse thinning. Maybe not with that terminology but it's been called balding. By both guys and girls. Again, this doesn't mean it has a negative connotation. Just that it's an observation.

Regarding Jude Law, well considering his corners have gone to the middle of his head and he has a thin landing strip in the middle - it's obvious with that much recession. Just like the other guys with big crown holes or thin hair all the way through.

It's delusional to think people are stupid and don't pick on these things. People notice much finer detail about you than simple things like hair, that's easy. You guys make it sound like drawing a NW1 line with a crayon will be enough. I don't think my views are extreme at all regarding how hair should be.

Basically you say people don't notice hair loss and baldness is seen as loserish. I say people notice hair loss but it isn't viewed necessarily as loserish :)

That's it! Going by your logic Fred, I don't need a transplant. I don't agree with that. If I can style it better, it's good for me.
I never associated balding with loser. I associated it with aging. To me, all hair does is either make you look older or younger based on how much hair you have. When I see a person with alot of tattoos, I think "loser"( or trashy) but that is just me.

Tapajer1991

Reaction score
I think frame is important when you balding on top. I'm barely hanging on to my receding hairline. I feel like 1200-1500 graft would definitely improve my look.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
There was no hope. Only a lifetime of being a lonely bald loser.....

The lack of hope is what makes a disease horrible. To me, death was better than this future I imagined at the time. At least it was peaceful, no more suffering.

"Depression is the inability to construct a future" - Rollo May

Seems pretty accurate to me.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never associated balding with loser. I associated it with aging. To me, all hair does is either make you look older or younger based on how much hair you have. When I see a person with alot of tattoos, I think "loser"( or trashy) but that is just me.

Same. Balding is probably the single most thing that stops men ageing gracefully. That's not to say a clean look some people can't pull off, I mean generally. Only 15% of 80-90 year olds have advanced male pattern baldness. That's why looking around at people my age or much older, it seems that some recession/diffuse thinning/crown patch is the maximum point. I think Shookwun mentioned that 50 plus, some hair loss is expected. If you can still style it and some hair loss is on display at an older age, it's not a big deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Your hair transplant isn't going to change people's perception of you. If you don't tell them, they won't notice it. But if it makes you feel better mentally, go for it.

Yes. I asked my gf if I look any different to when I was Norwood 1 (been with her the whole time), she said it wasn't noticeable until I pointed it out due to my hair being thick. But she can now see the difference after I pointed out the forehead change. She still thinks it's not a big deal but mentally I know I want a better hairline. I don't think anyone else will really pick up on it tbh but that's not my intention anyway. Doing it for myself.

I do agree I never noticed hair loss in that ghostbusters guy. But we were kids! I can't believe people in a bar sang you have no hair, at least all the negativity has gone from what you say.

- - - Updated - - -

The hairline changes your whole face dynamics, lets you better style your hair with more freedom, and external factors don't matter (e.g. wind uncovering bald temples, water etc)

NW1 hairlines = looks healthy, other hairlines looks like you're balding and ill. However, some clever styling some Norwood+ hairlines can make them look okay.

Bill Murray in that pic would have looked a million times better with a NW1 hairline, it would have enhanced his facial features, head shape and make him look healthy. In that picture he looks like hes on the verge of balding and in denial and is doing everything to pretend he is not balding.

The temples even made his face longer

I agree. I know it depends on individuals but I do feel the last hairline of respectability is a genuine Norwood 2 with temple points. It's also a necessary hairline to have the freedom to style your hair. Otherwise you're restricted. I agree on balding and ill. I totally see why some people shave it off like my cousin, when it gets to a point.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
got at any links to back up that 15% norwood rate for 80 years olds wolf?

i agree though, fred, i never noticed balding before i started to go bald.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score

Most dont notice it cause not only are they not worrying about it, they have better things to do then to stare at peoples heads, they dont care.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here, I never payed much attention to baldness until I started to experience it myself. In fact, when I was a small child, I used to think baldness was some sort of hair style. And for men who were slick bald, I thought they had there heads shaved completely smooth on the top and had their scalps polished, and left the hair grown out on the sides as a type of grooming style.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score

I read it on a reputable surgeons website where it was broken down into ages and grades of male pattern baldness. Can't remember where. Also on Dr Rassman's site he mentioned that Norwood 5 plus is actually very rare too among male pattern baldness persons. It also figures with what I see daily even in Caucasians. The rate must be even lower in Greece. In places like England the stat that half of men have hair loss by 50 is true but that includes things like any small loss! Overall looking around I don't think high NWs are the norm for most male pattern baldness sufferers.

Then add in the solutions we have now. I would say baldness is pretty avoidable for most new generation sufferers. Bar extenuating circumstances like aggressive genes, sides on meds e.t.c.

- - - Updated - - -

I certainly don't equate hair loss to the most severe illnesses. That is extremely ignorant.

Me neither.