Any Experience With Very Low Dose Oral Minoxidil (less Than 5 Mg)

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
Can you cut those tablets in half and use 2,5mg daily? Is the source serious, did someone made any tests with it?

thanks

WelshGuiri

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all as promised another update, 7 week update.

Still on 3.5mgs a day, shedding appears to have to have stopped. Hairs darkened and people have been commenting this past week that my hair looks thicker. Personally I havent noticed a great deal but it is still early.

Side effects, somedays I feel drained but then my sleeping could be better. I've noticed my skin looks more flush in the face alot and abit puffy, nothing I'm too concerned about. Just started taking collagen tablets to see if this makes a difference.

Mike.

Dealing With It

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty much in a week in 1 had heart palpitations.

Now in about the 2 month mark and i been getting sudden chest pains (near the heart).
I'm now considering stopping oral minoxidil....
Is it ok just to stop taking?

Girlfriend thinks my eyelashes have grown longer but i dont think i've had much hair growth change

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After 128 days on oral minoxidil, i notice a lot more wrinkles on hands and feet (i had almost none wrinkles on feet) and a little more wrinkles on forehead and undereyes, but nothing major yet. But on hands and feet, the collagen depletion effect of minoxidil is obvious. I take 20g collagen powder a day, but it seems useless

Eyelashes are crazy long and I am starting to notice thicker head hair, so thats positive. But I am scared of the collagen destruction since I am only 21.

Last edited:

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After 128 days on oral minoxidil, i notice a lot more wrinkles on hands and feet (i had almost none wrinkles on feet) and a little more wrinkles on forehead and undereyes, but nothing major yet. But on hands and feet, the collagen depletion effect of minoxidil is obvious. I take 20mg collagen powder a day, but it seems useless

Eyelashes are crazy long and I am starting to notice thicker head hair, so thats positive. But I am scared of the collagen destruction since I am only 21.
How long until your hair became noticeably thicker

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok fellow I am about to make the switch from high dose topical minoxidil ( like 4 ml daily), to 1.25 mg oral minoxidil daily.
Which is more likely to give me sides ? the 1.25 mg daily dosis?
Will it cause dark circle under eye / hypertrichosis / puffy upper eyelid/ weight gain? thanks a lot brah

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the product is legit ?
Its legit.I personally use loxidil but I doubt that there is any difference at all.

ok fellow I am about to make the switch from high dose topical minoxidil ( like 4 ml daily), to 1.25 mg oral minoxidil daily.
Which is more likely to give me sides ? the 1.25 mg daily dosis?
Will it cause dark circle under eye / hypertrichosis / puffy upper eyelid/ weight gain? thanks a lot brah

I have a high tolerance for sides but If I had to choose between topical and oral I would say that topical gave me more sides.I was applying around 2.5 ml once a day and now Im taking 5 mg oral.I had dark circles and puffy eyelids which are now gone since I take oral.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its legit.I personally use loxidil but I doubt that there is any difference at all.

I have a high tolerance for sides but If I had to choose between topical and oral I would say that topical gave me more sides.I was applying around 2.5 ml once a day and now Im taking 5 mg oral.I had dark circles and puffy eyelids which are now gone since I take oral.

thanks I am planning to take 1.25 mg oral instead of 4 ml 5 % daily . I hope to have less sides .
No hypertrichosis from the oral version. I am really scared to have a huge huge shed after 5 years on topical minoxidil . You quit cold turkey?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks I am planning to take 1.25 mg oral instead of 4 ml 5 % daily . I hope to have less sides .
No hypertrichosis from the oral version. I am really scared to have a huge huge shed after 5 years on topical minoxidil . You quit cold turkey?

1.25mg isn't enough, even though 0.6mg was still shown to be effective, use 5mg instead. That's what the studies used. It's essentially like taking a sugar pill in terms of sides for me(other than water retention) i have taken 10mg for the majority of the time i have been on oral min and i put on like 11lbs in water weight on that dosage.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow i hope i will not gain any weight with 2.5 mg ?
i have a huge scalp irritation from topical minoxidil wo i have to do the switch

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow i hope i will not gain any weight with 2.5 mg ?
i have a huge scalp irritation from topical minoxidil wo i have to do the switch

Like i said use 5mg, not 1.25 or 2.5mg, 5mg is what is needed imo. Im not sure how much water weight 5mg will put on you, i use spironolactone so that's not an issue for me anymore. You could try natural diuretics like dandelion root if you wanted, never tried it before but might be effective if you experience weight gain.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is an obligation to experiment weight gain on oral minoxidil?
I have now an extremely red scalp from the topical , could it cause me hair thinning?

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1.25mg isn't enough, even though 0.6mg was still shown to be effective, use 5mg instead. That's what the studies used. It's essentially like taking a sugar pill in terms of sides for me(other than water retention) i have taken 10mg for the majority of the time i have been on oral min and i put on like 11lbs in water weight on that dosage.
this is an obligation to experiment weight gain on oral minoxidil?
I have now an extremely red scalp from the topical , could it cause me hair thinning?

FWIW I would start with a low dose of oral and then move to 5mg later as an option. I know 5mg is ideal but I'd put money on 2.5mg oral beating topical min. Derelict is resistant to sides but who know, you might be one of the few that have unacceptable sides.

Also, back years ago when I tried topical min LIQUID it also gave me a red scalp and worse it gave me tons of dead skin that I could sometimes peel off in pieces as big as my my thumb. I then tried foam topical min and it was much better on my scalp but still a bit red.

I've been on oral min for... I forget how long... maybe two months and no sides so far but I'm gonna stick to low dose.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
FWIW I would start with a low dose of oral and then move to 5mg later as an option. I know 5mg is ideal but I'd put money on 2.5mg oral beating topical min. Derelict is resistant to sides but who know, you might be one of the few that have unacceptable sides.

Also, back years ago when I tried topical min LIQUID it also gave me a red scalp and worse it gave me tons of dead skin that I could sometimes peel off in pieces as big as my my thumb. I then tried foam topical min and it was much better on my scalp but still a bit red.

I've been on oral min for... I forget how long... maybe two months and no sides so far but I'm gonna stick to low dose.

I wouldn't really say i have a high tolerance to these types of drugs or particularly resistant, but for results and side effect profile 5mg is the optimum dosage for oral minoxidil imo. I have went as high as 20mg before out of sheer desperation but it made no difference compared to 10mg, i recently just switched to 5mg. I think it's a perfectly safe drug to take at that dosage but it's up to each individual i guess.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral min gave me bad fluid retention, and I only used it at 1.25mg a day. My eyes became very puffy looking and also developed dark rings around them, making me look like a raccoon. My stomach also became noticeably bloated. I stopped the treatment after a couple of months and these side-effects went away. Be careful with using oral min as it is potent stuff.