Any Experience With Very Low Dose Oral Minoxidil (less Than 5 Mg)

Pollylocks

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on medication a month or so shorter than yourself, with small improvements. From the many threads I've read these things take alot of time.

You mention working out 4 to 5 times a week, are you a natural? Do you consume high amounts of creatine or protein shakes with HGH additives.. if so these could be contributing factors.

Yeah all natural, i'd never touch the juice for a number of reasons, the main one being hair haha. No creatine. Just 2 scoops of gold standard whey protein every day, the rest I get from lots of chicken and tuna.

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn’t you stop using the topical, though? If you stopped using the topical, things can end up being slightly delayed since the dependant hairs from your prior topical minoxidil use will fall out, and you will be back at square one.
Yeah I stopped using it when I switched to oral.I should probably give it 4 months before comparing it to topical.

kevinlaforce

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I've had a few comments from people at work today saying my hairs looking better so it must be working, and I'm just not noticing it as much. As for random hair growth fortunately not, arm hair and chest hair has noticeably thickened and darkened.

I have noticed thicker hair on my eye brows, like they sprout in all directions i literally had to trim them recently, it looked like Robert de Niro 2020 grandpa eye brow..

so must be doing something positive:)

kevinlaforce

My Regimen
Reaction score
According to the medication instructions on my loniten it states take once a day so it was obviously too much, besides I think it's good for your heart and liver which breaks it down to have some rest bite

Yeah i agree, its all about how you apply the minoxidil, i think some people over do it, like me in the beginning

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I stopped using it when I switched to oral.I should probably give it 4 months before comparing it to topical.

I'd give it a year to see maximum results, i used it for about 3 months or so without seeing much progress so decided to add foam once at night with dermarolling, started seeing results a few months after that, but once i stopped topical about 4 months ago or something i didn't lose any gains.I thought it was the topical+dermarolling doing most of the work but it was oral minoxidil. In my experience at least it takes a while to get results from it. Also bear in mind that while i started oral min at roughly october 2018 i also started dutasteride about november 2018 so i don't know how much that has helped too.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd give it a year to see maximum results, i used it for about 3 months or so without seeing much progress so decided to add foam once at night with dermarolling, started seeing results a few months after that, but once i stopped topical about 4 months ago or something i didn't lose any gains.I thought it was the topical+dermarolling doing most of the work but it was oral minoxidil. In my experience at least it takes a while to get results from it. Also bear in mind that while i started oral min at roughly october 2018 i also started dutasteride about november 2018 so i don't know how much that has helped too.
Oral minoxidil + dermaroller sounds like a very good combo!

What you say gives me hope because i see no results on head hair after 95 days on oral minoxidil

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
5mg per day

I am currently taking 10mg but have taken as high as 20mg before, i believe however that 5mg is the optimal dsoage and i will be switching to 5mg once i run out of 10mg pills. Keep at it for 12 months and hope you are a good responder. Wishing you all the best.

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I could literally see new baby hairs after two weeks when I first started using topical.With oral-nothing,plus I lost my topical gains.I feel like im wasting my time with this stuff.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on 10mg oral minoxidil at night, seen slight improvement on diffuse thinning on top of my my head but my crown is still in bad shape, i added topical minoxidil to my crown also at night about a month ago, hoping to see some progress. Because of it's short half-life(4 hours) compared to topical which is 22 hours i believe i don't know if splitting the 10mg and taking 5mg in the morning and 5mg at night would produce better results. I have had no side effects from oral minoxidil.

Split the drug inhalf morning and night. The half life of the drug and its distribution will. be more consistent and you will experience better benefits. I did.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started taking 1.25 mg/day yesterday. I have 10 mg pills (the only ones I found) so using my pill cutter was a bit difficult. No side effects so far.

The distribution of the dosage per pill is only guaranteed on the half mark (center line). Eg if you cut a pill of 10mg in 2 in the center line, you will get two half pills of 5mg. If you now cut one of this 5mg pills in two, you won't get two pills of 2.5mg, you may worth case get one pill with 0mg and the other with 5mg. The distribution is not guaranteed below half sections. Because of the half life of the product, you run the risk of having days without the drug in your system. Very variable levels are not so good to bring consistent results.

kevinlaforce

My Regimen
Reaction score

could you tell me a bit more about the oral minoxidil how much a day do you take it , the price compared to foam and any sides cheers

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am currently taking 10mg but have taken as high as 20mg before, i believe however that 5mg is the optimal dsoage and i will be switching to 5mg once i run out of 10mg pills. Keep at it for 12 months and hope you are a good responder. Wishing you all the best.
Thank you man, fingers crossed!

Do you think it's better to take it 1 time per day or 2 time?

kevinlaforce

My Regimen
Reaction score
this cant be it !!!

Attachments

• IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 267

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good night, I will try to be quick, I decided to write here because I think my example can help a lot of people.

I'm 27 years old I'm a doctor (almost there) a student actually and I'm an Norwood 2

I have been using oral Minoxidil for 7 months, 5 mg per day.

I used topical minoxidil for 4 years along with 1 mg of finasteride, never 100% resolved the hair loss always continued.

I had a serious health problem 3 years ago I had to use huge doses of corticosteroids and immunosuppressants, my hair grew like crazy at that time, a lot of hair, a lot, but of course I lost all my hair when I stopped the medication, I used it before that 1 year of finasteride and topical minoxidil, without great results, maybe it helped to control the fall, at that time I was an NW1.

My hair fell out a lot when I stopped corticosteroids and immunosuppressants even with finasteride and minoxidil, I shaved my head, decided to do the treatment again.

So I started again with oral dutasteride, topical Minoxidil and topical growth factors,Baldness continued to advance but I think it was less fast, I stayed on this regimen for 9 months, I lost my c***, I had no desire to have sex, I turned a refrigerator, I stopped take dutasteride and went back to finasteride.

So I changed my oral Finasteride 1 mg, Flutamide OH topic, minoxidil Topic, Topical growth factors, I had a lot of results in this treatment, my skin was great, but I lost my dick again and here it was much worse, I decided to quit too, hair but I can't f***, I took the women and my dick didn't go up kissing I couldn't take the women home because my dick didn't respond, I lost a lot of sex.

So desperate and without wanting to mess with my hormonal axis I decided to take oral minoxidil.

My current treatment Minoxidil oral 5mg, finasteride 1 mg, topical growth factors and dermaroller (0.5 and 1.5) I have been in it for 7 months at the beginning I had an ominous shedding, after 2 months in this treatment my hair grew madly over the whole body, everybody I wondered if I had a hair transplant I gained a lot of volume, however it is 60 days since I started a VIOLENT shedding again and I cannot say why I was NW1 I am an NW2 in 60 days I lost a lot of hair again!

I will stay on this regimen for 1 year and see what happens, but it seems that my baldness has started to move fast now with oral minoxidil.

If anyone has an opinion I am open to them.

Peace my warriors!

Last edited:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good night, I will try to be quick, I decided to write here because I think my example can help a lot of people.

I'm 27 years old I'm a doctor (almost there) a student actually and I'm an Norwood 2

I have been using oral Minoxidil for 7 months, 5 mg per day.

I used topical minoxidil for 4 years along with 1 mg of finasteride, never 100% resolved the hair loss always continued.

I had a serious health problem 3 years ago I had to use huge doses of corticosteroids and immunosuppressants, my hair grew like crazy at that time, a lot of hair, a lot, but of course I lost all my hair when I stopped the medication, I used it before that 1 year of finasteride and topical minoxidil, without great results, maybe it helped to control the fall, at that time I was an NW1.

My hair fell out a lot when I stopped corticosteroids and immunosuppressants even with finasteride and minoxidil, I shaved my head, decided to do the treatment again.

So I started again with oral dutasteride, topical Minoxidil and topical growth factors,Baldness continued to advance but I think it was less fast, I stayed on this regimen for 9 months, I lost my c***, I had no desire to have sex, I turned a refrigerator, I stopped take dutasteride and went back to finasteride.

So I changed my oral Finasteride 1 mg, Flutamide OH topic, minoxidil Topic, Topical growth factors, I had a lot of results in this treatment, my skin was great, but I lost my dick again and here it was much worse, I decided to quit too, hair but I can't f***, I took the women and my dick didn't go up kissing I couldn't take the women home because my dick didn't respond, I lost a lot of sex.

So desperate and without wanting to mess with my hormonal axis I decided to take oral minoxidil.

My current treatment Minoxidil oral 5mg, finasteride 1 mg, topical growth factors and dermaroller (0.5 and 1.5) I have been in it for 7 months at the beginning I had an ominous shedding, after 2 months in this treatment my hair grew madly over the whole body, everybody I wondered if I had a hair transplant I gained a lot of volume, however it is 60 days since I started a VIOLENT shedding again and I cannot say why I was NW1 I am an NW2 in 60 days I lost a lot of hair again!

I will stay on this regimen for 1 year and see what happens, but it seems that my baldness has started to move fast now with oral minoxidil.

If anyone has an opinion I am open to them.

Peace my warriors!

I really do think that finasteride can’t support a shed from oral minoxidil, it seems to be that.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regarding shedding: I don't have any interest supporting a product but I can tell from experience that revivhair with the optional additions has done the job to counter shedding with minoxidil.