Any Experience With Very Low Dose Oral Minoxidil (less Than 5 Mg)

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am 22 years old. On oral minoxidil since 80 days. Hair is getting thinner and thinner. My hair line is being destroyed by oral minoxidil. Was Norwood 1 before oral minoxidil, now Norwood 2. I am a diffuse thinner. Overall density worse than ever. This thing is scary, i don't even see any shedding, hair is just getting thinner.

I hope it will grow back, i can tell you i am f*****g scared

I can tell the product is legit:

-eyelashes are VERY long, got lot of comments by women on it, some if them asked me if i wore mascara o_O
-thicker eyebrows
-beard is thicker
-head hair is growing twice rapidly
- hair is more noticeable on legs, arms, hands and fingers but nothing crazy

I had extrem fatigue the first week, i suppose it caused low blood pressure. Everything is normal now. No side effects at all, no dark circles or puffy eyes, no water retention. I drink a lot of water (3-4 liter per day) and eat collagen peptides (20g a day)

I am on 5mg oral minoxidil a day. Thinking of adding microneedling and ZIX.

Hope it will work. I am a diffuse thinner. Probably have DUPA or at least retrograde alopecia.

Time will tell, fingers crossed ;)

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am 22 years old. On oral minoxidil since 80 days. Hair is getting thinner and thinner. My hair line is being destroyed by oral minoxidil. Was Norwood 1 before oral minoxidil, now Norwood 2. I am a diffuse thinner. Overall density worse than ever. This thing is scary, i don't even see any shedding, hair is just getting thinner.

I hope it will grow back, i can tell you i am f*****g scared

I can tell the product is legit:

-eyelashes are VERY long, got lot of comments by women on it, some if them asked me if i wore mascara o_O
-thicker eyebrows
-beard is thicker
-head hair is growing twice rapidly
- hair is more noticeable on legs, arms, hands and fingers but nothing crazy

I had extrem fatigue the first week, i suppose it caused low blood pressure. Everything is normal now. No side effects at all, no dark circles or puffy eyes, no water retention. I drink a lot of water (3-4 liter per day) and eat collagen peptides (20g a day)

I am on 5mg oral minoxidil a day. Thinking of adding microneedling and ZIX.

Hope it will work. I am a diffuse thinner. Probably have DUPA or at least retrograde alopecia.

Time will tell, fingers crossed ;)

Please don’t use oral minoxidil alone...

WelshGuiri

My Regimen
Reaction score

My thoughts exactly, you need a DHT blocker in your regimen.. it could be shedding BUT it also could be the progression of your hair loss. I'm on finasteride 1mg, has definitely helped maintain my hair.

Best of luck mate.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know someone who is on oral minoxidil alone since 15 years and still Norwood 1

Also i have respect for my penis, so i will never take again a systemic dht blocker (tried finasteride, killed my dick in less than a month)

I will add Zix to my regimen very soon

WelshGuiri

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know someone who is on oral minoxidil alone since 15 years and still Norwood 1

Also i have respect for my penis, so i will never take again a systemic dht blocker (tried finasteride, killed my dick in less than a month)

I will add Zix to my regimen very soon

Sorry to hear about your libido, however are you 100% certain it was attributed to finasteride? I for one did notice a drop however after a few weeks of perseverance the affects subsided and now I feel normal. Re-Minoxidil i actually feel it has helped my erections. Good luck on Zix btw.

If your shedding doesnt subside maybe lower the dosage??

Also this person you know, have they had any side effects over the years?

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your libido, however are you 100% certain it was attributed to finasteride? I for one did notice a drop however after a few weeks of perseverance the affects subsided and now I feel normal. Re-Minoxidil i actually feel it has helped my erections. Good luck on Zix btw.

If your shedding doesnt subside maybe lower the dosage??

Also this person you know, have they had any side effects over the years?

Yes i am 100% certain it's fina. I grew boobs (gyno) and had to remove them with surgery..

The person i know is my uncle. He is on oral minoxidil since he was 35. He is around 50 now. He is on 10mg per day. He told me he has none side effects but he is hairy like a gorilla. Pretty sure it's because of the minoxidil

WelshGuiri

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes i am 100% certain it's fina. I grew boobs (gyno) and had to remove them with surgery..

The person i know is my uncle. He is on oral minoxidil since he was 35. He is around 50 now. He is on 10mg per day. He told me he has none side effects but he is hairy like a gorilla. Pretty sure it's because of the minoxidil

Oh that's real bad, I'm very cautious of this myself checking every other day. Was that a gradual thing or did it happen pretty rapidly?

Regards your uncle that's amazing great to hear, any ideas what level of baldness did he have before starting the medication?

I'm a Norwood 3 vertex (diffuse thinning on top).. hoping to get the a Norwood 2 but I'll be happy to maintain as well.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh that's real bad, I'm very cautious of this myself checking every other day. Was that a gradual thing or did it happen pretty rapidly?

Regards your uncle that's amazing great to hear, any ideas what level of baldness did he have before starting the medication?

I'm a Norwood 3 vertex (diffuse thinning on top).. hoping to get the a Norwood 2 but I'll be happy to maintain as well.

The gyno was growing very rapidly and continued months after i stopped finasteride. Finasteride even gave me severe cystic acne that left scars..

My uncle was a heavy diffuse thinner like me with a Norwood 2 i would say based on the photos i saw. Now he is a thick Norwood 1 with very good overall density, no signs of balding it's crazy.

I hope i will have the same results but i have doubts..

WelshGuiri

My Regimen
Reaction score
The gyno was growing very rapidly and continued months after i stopped finasteride. Finasteride even gave me severe cystic acne that left scars..

My uncle was a heavy diffuse thinner like me with a Norwood 2 i would say based on the photos i saw. Now he is a thick Norwood 1 with very good overall density, no signs of balding it's crazy.

I hope i will have the same results but i have doubts..

You hear horror stories from finasteride but they tend to be quite rare, how long were you on the drug? Damn sorry to hear all that.

On the other hand theres still hope with minoxidil, and that's some awesome results that your uncle got. Ive heard it's the most effective drug IF you dont have side effects.

Last edited:

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You hear horror stories from finasteride but they tend to be quite rare, how long were you on the drug? Damn sorry to hear all that.

On the other hand theres still hope with minoxidil, and that's some awesome results that your uncle got. Ive heard it's the most effective drug IF you dont have side effects.
I stayed on finasteride for 3 months

"Ive heard it's the most effective drug IF you dont have side effects"

I know, but for the moment i am seeing nothing positive.. Hair thinner than ever. Fingers crossed

WelshGuiri

My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently started 1.25 mg oral minoxidil. Too early to notice anything but dont plan on ever increasing my dose. Dr. prescribed 2.5 mg daily and I take half.

Once my 1mg minoxidil tablets run out I'll continue to take just 2.5mg daily. Let us know how you get on

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Once my 1mg minoxidil tablets run out I'll continue to take just 2.5mg daily. Let us know how you get on

Yep, will do. I started low does finasteride back in Oct 2019 and havent noticed anything good or bad yet from that. Hoping that adding the low dose oral min will give me a boost. According to my hair Dr the two have a synergy and extra kick specifically when taking orally together, vs using topical for either.

If I forget to update then jump on my profile page and leave a reminder. couple other folks do it. There's alot of trial and error with this stuff so its good to see what works or doesnt for different people.

WelshGuiri

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, will do. I started low does finasteride back in Oct 2019 and havent noticed anything good or bad yet from that. Hoping that adding the low dose oral min will give me a boost. According to my hair Dr the two have a synergy and extra kick specifically when taking orally together, vs using topical for either.

If I forget to update then jump on my profile page and leave a reminder. couple other folks do it. There's alot of trial and error with this stuff so its good to see what works or doesnt for different people.

I started finasteride around the the same time I think it was September.. havent noticed too much but then the fact there hasn't been further hair loss is a positive.

Anyway just over a week update on 3.25mg dosage of oral minoxidil, feeling great no sides such as shedding, slight fatigue and headaches that I was getting have gone and no dark circles. Overall 2 and a half weeks on oral minoxidil so no noticable difference in hair quality yet.

I'll start to update monthly here on.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started finasteride around the the same time I think it was September.. havent noticed too much but then the fact there hasn't been further hair loss is a positive.

Anyway just over a week update on 3.25mg dosage of oral minoxidil, feeling great no sides such as shedding, slight fatigue and headaches that I was getting have gone and no dark circles. Overall 2 and a half weeks on oral minoxidil so no noticable difference in hair quality yet.

I'll start to update monthly here on.

Any shed?

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No shedding HOWEVER I was a topical user prior. From what I've read those that are completely new to Minoxidil I.e no topical, have more of a chance of shedding.

what about dark circles underneath your eyes? did you ever experience that?