Any Experience With Very Low Dose Oral Minoxidil (less Than 5 Mg)

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also reduce any foods that contain Quercetin, orange, citrus and asprin as these inhibit su1t1a1 sulfotransferase
sh*t-does quercetin actually inhibit str? Just started using for its autophagy inducing effects.

ozelhospital

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try 2.5mg in morning a 2.5mg at night.
Or reduce to 1.25mg/1.25mg.

Get The best hair transplant center in Turkey to over come the problem of hair loss at effective cost. We offer services like Beard transplantation,Eyebrow hair transplantation,Hair transplantation for women etc. to know more about us please visit our website or call us at +905551044433.

Last edited:

Upnadam10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try 2.5mg in morning a 2.5mg at night.
Or reduce to 1.25mg/1.25mg.

Get The best hair transplant center in Turkey to over come the problem of hair loss at effective cost. We offer services like Beard transplantation,Eyebrow hair transplantation,Hair transplantation for women etc. to know more about us please visit our website or call us at +905551044433.
Why do people take 2x a day? is it because of the short half life? I just started a week ago... Is 1x a day useless?

Maxx79

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any updates from any of the low-dose users?

I've finally managed to get a prescription, and should start taking it soon 1x per day in combination with topical minoxidil 1x per day.

For those who take the OM once a day, do you take it in the morning or in the evening?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

I've finally managed to get a prescription, and should start taking it soon 1x per day in combination with topical minoxidil 1x per day.

For those who take the OM once a day, do you take it in the morning or in the evening?

Not a low dose user, 10mg i take but i stopped topical a while ago now and may hair situation hasn't deteriorated at al, i thought the dermarolling and topical was doing most of the work, i may have been wrong. I would say just ditch the topical and low dose oral once a day. I take mine at night but i don't think it really matters.

Michel Iorio

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hairline keeps improving.

This combined with needling has yielded good and consistent improvement.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Are any of you guys on a diuretic with oral minoxidil? I’m on about 5-6mg (2.5 twice a day) and my eyes are so swollen with fluid from the fluid retention side. It’s actually horrific and giving me the worst under eye bags.. I’m thinking about going to a doctor to get on a potassium- sparring diuretic since they don’t lower the blood pressure. (Wold use spironolactone, but I had an allergic reaction to it last winter. Broke or in hives for a week)

And is anyone else SUPER FATIGUED on oral minoxidil?

Michel Iorio

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are any of you guys on a diuretic with oral minoxidil? I’m on about 5-6mg (2.5 twice a day) and my eyes are so swollen with fluid from the fluid retention side. It’s actually horrific and giving me the worst under eye bags.. I’m thinking about going to a doctor to get on a potassium- sparring diuretic since they don’t lower the blood pressure. (Wold use spironolactone, but I had an allergic reaction to it last winter. Broke or in hives for a week)

And is anyone else SUPER FATIGUED on oral minoxidil?

How long have you been taking it?

Did the fatigue coincide with using the meds?

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
How long have you been taking it?

Did the fatigue coincide with using the meds?

move been on since October 1st. Did 2.5mg for maybe two weeks then upped to 5mg after that.

and yes, 100% it’s minoxidil lol. I have every horrific side effect in the book. Just wondering if anyone had gotten around them. I just stopped using it today because I legitimately can’t keep my eyes open from the fluid retention and also the fatigue. I have eye bags on top of eye bags.. it’s insane

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
move been on since October 1st. Did 2.5mg for maybe two weeks then upped to 5mg after that.

and yes, 100% it’s minoxidil lol. I have every horrific side effect in the book. Just wondering if anyone had gotten around them. I just stopped using it today because I legitimately can’t keep my eyes open from the fluid retention and also the fatigue. I have eye bags on top of eye bags.. it’s insane
spironolactone worked well for the fluid retention side effects. I used 100 mg/day. Without spironolactone edema in feet and ankles was bad. Unfortunately I stopped oral min 6 days ago because skin issues became unacceptable. I've been on this yo-yo with oral min for a year now but won't go back this time.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
spironolactone worked well for the fluid retention side effects. I used 100 mg/day. Without spironolactone edema in feet and ankles was bad. Unfortunately I stopped oral min 6 days ago because skin issues became unacceptable. I've been on this yo-yo with oral min for a year now but won't go back this time.

I can’t use spironolactone, I had an allergic rash on it after a month so that’s that. I may look for another potassium sparring diuretic though.

how were your eyes? Did the fluid issue and eye bag issue go away when you used spironolactone? I hope I can stay on this. I’m taking a small 3-4 day break and I’m going to restart.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can’t use spironolactone, I had an allergic rash on it after a month so that’s that. I may look for another potassium sparring diuretic though.

how were your eyes? Did the fluid issue and eye bag issue go away when you used spironolactone? I hope I can stay on this. I’m taking a small 3-4 day break and I’m going to restart.
I slowly got the dark circles under the eyes even with spironolactone. For me, I think the eye thing is a combination of thinning of the skin with volume loss (likely collagen reduction). I had other issues too. It is really unfortunate as this stuff is really effective for regrowth.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I slowly got the dark circles under the eyes even with spironolactone. For me, I think the eye thing is a combination of thinning of the skin with volume loss (likely collagen reduction). I had other issues too. It is really unfortunate as this stuff is really effective for regrowth.

Weird how people react so differently to minoxidil, my skin is fine on 10mg, no dark circles or anything, just about 11/12lbs of water retention which spironolactone takes care of. I read on another post you made that you work out a lot, i might start working out a bit at home(too anxious to go to a gym) just some weights and a cycling bike. How does oral minoxidil effect you when working out? any problems?

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score

yeah I have the dark circles too. I’d live with that, but the bags under my eyes and welling in my eyelids are insane.

Weird how people react so differently to minoxidil, my skin is fine on 10mg, no dark circles or anything, just about 11/12lbs of water retention which spironolactone takes care of. I read on another post you made that you work out a lot, i might start working out a bit at home(too anxious to go to a gym) just some weights and a cycling bike. How does oral minoxidil effect you when working out? any problems?

If you have no sides at 10mg, you’ll be fine. I work out too and I straight up almost passed out the other day after doing hammer curls lol. I got so light headed and dizzy. But I have like every side effect so it makes sense.

im also on minoxidil sulfate. I’m a member of the private forum and we had a group buy recently for it.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah I have the dark circles too. I’d live with that, but the bags under my eyes and welling in my eyelids are insane.

If you have no sides at 10mg, you’ll be fine. I work out too and I straight up almost passed out the other day after doing hammer curls lol. I got so light headed and dizzy. But I have like every side effect so it makes sense.

im also on minoxidil sulfate. I’m a member of the private forum and we had a group buy recently for it.

Cheers, im going to lower my dosage from 10mg to 5mg anyway once i run out of 10mg pills, so the chances of any sides are even lower. I don't think there is any need to go higher than 5mg tbh. I had my first heart palpitation not long ago from oral minxoidil and it scared the sh*t out of me, i have been taking it since octoer 2018 and that was the first one i ever had so going to 5mg hopefully stops that from happening again.

tajoga

Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't posted on here for years..just a brief explanation of my situation, I'm in my 50's now and still desperately fighting. I've been using topical minoxidil for probably 25 years !
I have little hair left but suffer from such crippling depression due to my hair loss that I continue to try new things. I've been needling for about two months now and without a doubt the minoxidil sides have been dramatically increased. Heavy, blurry, puffy eyes and fatigue ! I've decided I'd really like to try Oral minoxidil and am hoping I can find a online prescription free source, I know I've seen comments on here speaking of sources but just cant seem to find them..thank you..