Any Experience With Very Low Dose Oral Minoxidil (less Than 5 Mg)

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m still on minoxidil at 5mg a day once a day now orally. I tried once a day because my eye swelling is so bad. I know no one has ever solved the issue of swelling in the face so just be careful and if you’re just starting, USE IT WITH A DIURETIC. I’m not a bad looking guy and now my face is bloated and hair dependent on this dumb *** drug

Attachments

• 71E7BEA7-B870-4F44-90C6-D40B4AC6457E.jpeg
    71E7BEA7-B870-4F44-90C6-D40B4AC6457E.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 507

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m still on minoxidil at 5mg a day once a day now orally. I tried once a day because my eye swelling is so bad. I know no one has ever solved the issue of swelling in the face so just be careful and if you’re just starting, USE IT WITH A DIURETIC. I’m not a bad looking guy and now my face is bloated and hair dependent on this dumb *** drug
Lol your face looks normal and you have a lot of hair?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
His eyes do look slightly puffy to me. My eyes were similar to his or maybe a little worse on oral min, which is why I stopped using it.

Puffy eyes due to oral or topical min are hard to treat unfortunately. A diuretic such as furosemide may or may not help, and diuretics themselves are risky to use especially over the long-term, and should always be used under a doctor's supervision. Some people on here seem to be using oral spironolactone to treat the puffiness and bloatedness caused by oral min, which seems an unusual step to take considering that oral spironolactone is a drug used by transsexuals that has strong feminizing and other side-effects. My own advice is that it might be best just to stop using oral min if you find it is causing your face to look different. The puffy eyes, dark circles around the eyes, and premature facial wrinkles do appear to be commonly reported by people who use oral or topical min. I'm just not sure if it is worth continuing to use the treatment if you find it is causing these face-related side-effects.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score

this is the dumbest response

His eyes do look slightly puffy to me. My eyes were similar to his or maybe a little worse on oral min, which is why I stopped using it.

Puffy eyes due to oral or topical min are hard to treat unfortunately. A diuretic such as furosemide may or may not help, and diuretics themselves are risky to use especially over the long-term, and should always be used under a doctor's supervision. Some people on here seem to be using oral spironolactone to treat the puffiness and bloatedness caused by oral min, which seems an unusual step to take considering that oral spironolactone is a drug used by transsexuals that has strong feminizing and other side-effects. My own advice is that it might be best just to stop using oral min if you find it is causing your face to look different. The puffy eyes, dark circles around the eyes, and premature facial wrinkles do appear to be commonly reported by people who use oral or topical min. I'm just not sure if it is worth continuing to use the treatment if you find it is causing these face-related side-effects.

I would use spironolactone to be honest, but I tried it last year without minoxidil and i had a bad allergic reaction after a little over a month. Had hives everywhere.

I was on furosemide for a month last month lol used 40-80mg under doctors prescription and it did nothing. Made me dizzy and killed my energy, but face was still swollen as well as eyes.

minoxidil is just poison. Fluid retention is not a joke. All my other sides went away, like dizziness and heart palpitations.. for whatever reason, the fluid remained

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost 5 months with 5mg per day

Hair loss stopped , hair seems a little thicker and hair line seems better, but nothing crazy

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s the difference between Loxidil, Noxidil, and minoxidil 5 ?

WelshGuiri

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick report, I was getting dark circles and I noticed some wrinkles so i purchased some collagen tablets. These along with drinking more water has helped tremendously, I recommend them to everyone.. facial skin is way better and circles/eye puffiness has almost gone.

Anyone feel slightly more out of breath on oral minoxidil? I'm a healthy guy but I notice I get out of breath easier, work out regularly etc.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s the difference between Loxidil, Noxidil, and minoxidil 5 ?

As far as i am aware all should work fine, i always stick to loxidil forte though personally. I remember a member here called anxiousandy who said he switched from loxidil to pip minoxidil 5 and had a shed, but that could just have been coincidence.

can a natural diuretic be legit ?

You could try a natural diuretic like dandelion root but i have no personal experience with it, i use spironolactone as part of my hair loss regimen so that helps with water retention.

lawyeah

My Regimen
Reaction score
As far as i am aware all should work fine, i always stick to loxidil forte though personally. I remember a member here called anxiousandy who said he switched from loxidil to pip minoxidil 5 and had a shed, but that could just have been coincidence.

You could try a natural diuretic like dandelion root but i have no personal experience with it, i use spironolactone as part of my hair loss regimen so that helps with water retention.
4th day on oral min ( 2,5 mg ) no shedding, hair are thicker , i feel a warmness on the head that i didn't experienced before. no bad sides for the time being

DickFisher

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have some oral minoxidil, but I've been hesitant about trying it because of side effects. I also have ADHD, for which I'm prescribed amphetamines; do you think the diuretic effect of the amphetamines would be enough to counter the sodium/water retention, especially if I'm taking the minoxidil at a relatively low dose (2.5mg)?

lawyeah

My Regimen
Reaction score
i have a question : will topical caffein ( applied the other day ) counter the effect of oral min cause of his vasoconstrictor effect ?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have a question : will topical caffein ( applied the other day ) counter the effect of oral min cause of his vasoconstrictor effect ?
I very much doubt it. I should think that topical caffeine would not be anywhere near strong enough.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
10 mg is a high dose it's better to start low and build upwards as your body gets used to the tolerance.

Yeah, i think the optimal dosage for hair benefits and healh risks is 5mg, i have taken as high as 20mg before and saw no difference between that dosage and 10mg, i don't think i will see any difference switching from 10mg to 5mg

coco_304

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, i think the optimal dosage for hair benefits and healh risks is 5mg, i have taken as high as 20mg before and saw no difference between that dosage and 10mg, i don't think i will see any difference switching from 10mg to 5mg
Did you shed after switching from high dose to low dos??