Any Experience With Very Low Dose Oral Minoxidil (less Than 5 Mg)

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral min gave me bad fluid retention, and I only used it at 1.25mg a day. My eyes became very puffy looking and also developed dark rings around them, making me look like a raccoon. My stomach also became noticeably bloated. I stopped the treatment after a couple of months and these side-effects went away. Be careful with using oral min as it is potent stuff.

Other than water retention i never had any of the problems you are describing thankfully, my stomach like you looked very bloated at 10mg, spironolactone takes care of the water retention now though and i don't have that problem anymore.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
is it normal that i experiment more headache and diziness with high dose of topical minoxidil than when i take oral minoxidil 1.25 mg?

What is more likely to cause side effect :
* 5 to 6 ml of high dosage of topical minoxidil 5%
* or 1.25 to 2.5 mg of oral minoxidil daily

Thanks a lot man.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Other than water retention i never had any of the problems you are describing thankfully, my stomach like you looked very bloated at 10mg, spironolactone takes care of the water retention now though and i don't have that problem anymore.
The puffy eyes is due to water retention too. Did you notice this side-effect as well or just the bloated stomach? It is good that you've managed to treat the water retention with spironolactone. Has the spironolactone itself caused any noticeable sides?

is it normal that i experiment more headache and diziness with high dose of topical minoxidil than when i take oral minoxidil 1.25 mg?

What is more likely to cause side effect :
* 5 to 6 ml of high dosage of topical minoxidil 5%
* or 1.25 to 2.5 mg of oral minoxidil daily

Thanks a lot man.
Difficult to say, because studies have shown that the amount of topical minoxidil that goes systemic varies very considerably between different people. In your case, it seems that the amount that must have gone systemic from the topical dosage that you were taking was greater than 1.25mg, as you experienced greater side effects from using it topically than from using a 1.25mg oral dose. I am assuming here that the headaches and dizziness you experienced were indeed being caused by the minoxidil and not by something else. It is of course important to rule out other possible causes of these particular symptoms, of which there are many.

seanvandamme

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm running out of oral minoxidil (on 5mg lonitab once daily for 8 months) and can't get my shipment in time because of the outbreak.

Will have to resort to drinking the topical solution (Regaine is safe with only alcohol, minoxidil and propylene glycol) while the shipment makes its way to me. Does anyone know how I can get 5mg from topical minoxidil? I read from AnxiousAndy's thread that 1ml of Rogaine 5% is 50mg, so was wondering whether 1ml of Rogaine 2% is 20mg.

Would really really appreciate any input guys!

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
The puffy eyes is due to water retention too. Did you notice this side-effect as well or just the bloated stomach? It is good that you've managed to treat the water retention with spironolactone. Has the spironolactone itself caused any noticeable sides?

Difficult to say, because studies have shown that the amount of topical minoxidil that goes systemic varies very considerably between different people. In your case, it seems that the amount that must have gone systemic from the topical dosage that you were taking was greater than 1.25mg, as you experienced greater side effects from using it topically than from using a 1.25mg oral dose. I am assuming here that the headaches and dizziness you experienced were indeed being caused by the minoxidil and not by something else. It is of course important to rule out other possible causes of these particular symptoms, of which there are many.

what can we do to supress the puffy eyelid?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what can we do to supress the puffy eyelid?
You could try taking a diuretic such as furosemide under a doctor's supervision. Some people on here use spironolactone to help treat the water retention, but spironolactone itself is a very hardcore drug that has strong feminising and other side-effects. As for me, I just decided to stop using oral min altogether when I noticed it was making my face look like that of a raccoon. I'm a Norwood 2.5, and I now just use three drops of topical min on each of my temples once a day. The amount of systemic absorption from this will obviously be extremely small.

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It always says that its sold out.They only have minox5 and minox10.You can order loxidil from cm4shop.
How do you make your payments? They don’t take PayPal or credit cards. Do you recommend a certain option of payment?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could try taking a diuretic such as furosemide under a doctor's supervision. Some people on here use spironolactone to help treat the water retention, but spironolactone itself is a very hardcore drug that has strong feminising and other side-effects. As for me, I just decided to stop using oral min altogether when I noticed it was making my face look like that of a raccoon. I'm a Norwood 2.5, and I now just use three drops of topical min on each of my temples once a day. The amount of systemic absorption from this will obviously be extremely small.

so oral minoxidil has much more absoprtion than topical minoxidil right? even while using high dosage of topical
i checked this article of dr donovan
https://donovanmedical.com/hair-blog/oral-minoxidil-top-10
the 4th point

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you make your payments? They don’t take PayPal or credit cards. Do you recommend a certain option of payment?
Western union,bank transfer or skrill.Just remember that they ship from Thailand,so they wont be able to send it right away.

seanvandamme

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm running out of oral minoxidil (on 5mg lonitab once daily for 8 months) and can't get my shipment in time because of the outbreak.

Will have to resort to drinking the topical solution (Regaine is safe with only alcohol, minoxidil and propylene glycol) while the shipment makes its way to me. Does anyone know how I can get 5mg from topical minoxidil? I read from AnxiousAndy's thread that 1ml of Rogaine 5% is 50mg, so was wondering whether 1ml of Rogaine 2% is 20mg.

Would really really appreciate any input guys!

Bump :(

Running out of oral min and I'm scared.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you find spironolactone made a difference

I don't know, im still recovering from a letrozole shed, im going to give spironolactone until december before deciding whether to add anything else to my regimen.

coco_304

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all.

What if i take 10mg of oral minoxidil and the goes down to 2.5mg??

Can i drink minoxidil liquid instead of oral, if yes, which one and how??

Tanks.

Last edited: