Any Experience With Very Low Dose Oral Minoxidil (less Than 5 Mg)

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have slight dark circles however they have been there prior to starting, I wouldnt say the medication has made them worse.

I see... I also have slight dark circles underneath my eyes and I feel like topical minoxidil exacerbated them

WelshGuiri

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see... I also have slight dark circles underneath my eyes and I feel like topical minoxidil exacerbated them

Possibly however it's not permanent should you stop the use of Minoxidil. It's possible I may add collagen supplements to my routine to see if they have any overall effect on my dark circles.. however as already mentioned I dont believe Minoxidil is the cause.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
90 days on 5mg per day

Crazy eyelashes

but worse head hair than ever.. It begins to really scare me since almost all people who had success with oral minoxidil had results very rapidly

No visible shedding but hair worse than ever

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
90 days on 5mg per day

Crazy eyelashes

but worse head hair than ever.. It begins to really scare me since almost all people who had success with oral minoxidil had results very rapidly

No visible shedding but hair worse than ever
Same thing for me.Im on day 72 but all that Ive got are thicker eyelashes and weird body hair shed cycles.

WelshGuiri

My Regimen
Reaction score
Either of you guys used the topical before the oral version, if not it could be the initial shed you get.. I started on the topical and my shedding lasted about 3 months.. too early to say regards my hair atm.. but body hair and nails are growing super fast.

kevinlaforce

My Regimen
Reaction score
not working for me until now
i wanna drop it all ... i have no regrowth ...
1.5 year Propecia and 4 months minoxidil plus nizoral really healthy diet not smoking etc like everything amazing nothing works

i wanna find something natural
i had feeling minoxidil wud have worked for me but it aged my skin so dramatically dropped to 1 x day

as for natural rosemary seemed to work really well for making hair strong and maintenance...

thinking about quit it all its driving me nuts plus i wanna travel and sh*t ...

this regime is driving me nuts

since i don't have gains i really think id be fucked when quit

anyone have idea about natural ways i have a feeling its about making my strong again

any thoughts

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in. I’m on minoxidil sulfate orally. At first I thought it was awesome because of the small hairs growing near my sides and near the eyebrow. I’ve been on 5mg since october 2nd. My hairline has still receded further regardless of minoxidil and me being on dutasteride. Also, my eyes are so swollen it’s ridiculous.

I have been dermaneedling and I think this might be negatively impacting my hairline. Regardless, minoxidil WILL turn you into a zombie. And the hair growth is not worth it. I have no hairline improvement

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Either of you guys used the topical before the oral version, if not it could be the initial shed you get.. I started on the topical and my shedding lasted about 3 months.. too early to say regards my hair atm.. but body hair and nails are growing super fast.
I didn't use topical before. My hair is worse than ever, but what is scaring me is that i dont notice any shedding. For exemple, when i shake my hair for 30 secondes or more, i don't see any hair falling...

when i wash my hair, i dont see any hair on my hands..

it s really weird since my density is very weak these days

I think it's not working for me.

Last edited:

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
not working for me until now
i wanna drop it all ... i have no regrowth ...
1.5 year Propecia and 4 months minoxidil plus nizoral really healthy diet not smoking etc like everything amazing nothing works

i wanna find something natural
i had feeling minoxidil wud have worked for me but it aged my skin so dramatically dropped to 1 x day

as for natural rosemary seemed to work really well for making hair strong and maintenance...

thinking about quit it all its driving me nuts plus i wanna travel and sh*t ...

this regime is driving me nuts

since i don't have gains i really think id be fucked when quit

anyone have idea about natural ways i have a feeling its about making my strong again

any thoughts
For how long are you on oral minoxidil?

Pollylocks

My Regimen
Reaction score
sasdasda.jpg Hey all, just made an account to share my experience and look for advice.

I started finasteride and rogaine foam in June 2018 because i noticed the front right region of my scalp getting thinner. It really wasn't bad at all and I hopped on as a preventative measure.

Fast forward to July 2019 I went to see an ISHRS doctor because I hadn't noticed any improvement at all. No regrowth. Nothing. If anything it was a little worse. He advised dropping the Rogaine and starting oral minoxidil 1mg which I did that very day.

I reduced my topical Rogaine to 1x a day til November 2019 before dropping completely. Still taking 1mg finasteride and 1mg oral minoxidil daily.

In Jan 2020 I went back to see him as i felt things were still getting worse. He found that strange and bumped my prescription up to 2mg oral daily.

I decided to buzz my hair a few weeks ago and was horrified to see how thin it was all over. I buzzed it 1 year ago and it is so much worse now. Looks like a diffuse NW7. Kinda freaking out now wondering how the f*** its getting worse when I've been on finasteride all this time as well as oral minoxidil. Is it possible that neither of these medications work for me or that they have made things worse?

I've tried to attach images but it doesn't work and I can't add links to my post because I'm new account. I'm 29, eat healthy and work out 4-5 days a week.

Last edited:

Dealing With It

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went to a hair transplant surgeon in thailand and they recommended me oral minoxidil prior to a hair transplant surgery.

I talked to my dr about it and they said give it a go but monitor the effects/blood pressure etc.
Currently cut up a 10mg tablet into 4's (roughly 2.5mg) the first night it was hard to sleep cause i was paying close attention to my heart, i wasnt sure if it was just a placebo effect though.
Second night was fine and still feel fine...

Still early days but will update once time goes on

WelshGuiri

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another quick update!

Had a couple of occurrences where I've felt my heart beating rather fast.. checked using my smart device and watch and can confirm my heart rate has raised by about 5 to 10 beats per minute from my average after taking the oral minoxidil.. this tends to last for a few hours before it returns to normal.

My hair is starting to look thicker however this could just be the fact I'm letting it grow a little longer.. to be confirmed when I buzz it soon.

Body hair is growing at a phenomenal rate, beard has thickened and dare I say it darkened in colour... strange.

The journey continues.

WelshGuiri

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 139089 Hey all, just made an account to share my experience and look for advice.

I started finasteride and rogaine foam in June 2018 because i noticed the front right region of my scalp getting thinner. It really wasn't bad at all and I hopped on as a preventative measure.

Fast forward to July 2019 I went to see an ISHRS doctor because I hadn't noticed any improvement at all. No regrowth. Nothing. If anything it was a little worse. He advised dropping the Rogaine and starting oral minoxidil 1mg which I did that very day.

I reduced my topical Rogaine to 1x a day til November 2019 before dropping completely. Still taking 1mg finasteride and 1mg oral minoxidil daily.

In Jan 2020 I went back to see him as i felt things were still getting worse. He found that strange and bumped my prescription up to 2mg oral daily.

I decided to buzz my hair a few weeks ago and was horrified to see how thin it was all over. I buzzed it 1 year ago and it is so much worse now. Looks like a diffuse NW7. Kinda freaking out now wondering how the f*** its getting worse when I've been on finasteride all this time as well as oral minoxidil. Is it possible that neither of these medications work for me or that they have made things worse?

I've tried to attach images but it doesn't work and I can't add links to my post because I'm new account. I'm 29, eat healthy and work out 4-5 days a week.

I've been on medication a month or so shorter than yourself, with small improvements. From the many threads I've read these things take alot of time.

You mention working out 4 to 5 times a week, are you a natural? Do you consume high amounts of creatine or protein shakes with HGH additives.. if so these could be contributing factors.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another quick update!

Had a couple of occurrences where I've felt my heart beating rather fast.. checked using my smart device and watch and can confirm my heart rate has raised by about 5 to 10 beats per minute from my average after taking the oral minoxidil.. this tends to last for a few hours before it returns to normal.

My hair is starting to look thicker however this could just be the fact I'm letting it grow a little longer.. to be confirmed when I buzz it soon.

Body hair is growing at a phenomenal rate, beard has thickened and dare I say it darkened in colour... strange.

The journey continues.

I’ve been on it for almost 6 weeks, and my initial shed is still ongoing. It has definitely seemed to lessen compared to last week. Have you started growing hairs on your forehead, inner arm and random areas?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same thing for me.Im on day 72 but all that Ive got are thicker eyelashes and weird body hair shed cycles.

Didn’t you stop using the topical, though? If you stopped using the topical, things can end up being slightly delayed since the dependant hairs from your prior topical minoxidil use will fall out, and you will be back at square one.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn’t you stop using the topical, though? If you stopped using the topical, things can end up being slightly delayed since the dependant hairs from your prior topical minoxidil use will fall out, and you will be back at square one.

I was using topical along with oral for close to a year, stopped the topical quite a while ago now and it made zero difference to my hair. No shed or anything, i thought topical+dermarolling was doing most of the work but i was wrong, it was the oral min.

WelshGuiri

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been on it for almost 6 weeks, and my initial shed is still ongoing. It has definitely seemed to lessen compared to last week. Have you started growing hairs on your forehead, inner arm and random areas?
Yeah I've had a few comments from people at work today saying my hairs looking better so it must be working, and I'm just not noticing it as much. As for random hair growth fortunately not, arm hair and chest hair has noticeably thickened and darkened.

WelshGuiri

My Regimen
Reaction score
i use foam 2 x day for two months and then switch to 1 x day because 2 x day made me look terrible
According to the medication instructions on my loniten it states take once a day so it was obviously too much, besides I think it's good for your heart and liver which breaks it down to have some rest bite