Any Experience With Very Low Dose Oral Minoxidil (less Than 5 Mg)

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what do you mean ? hairs on the side have increased

I mean your shoulders and below that. Back of your torso lol. Isn't it called your back in english?

This side of your body

back-pain.jpg

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did two years of finasteride and 1 mg oral minoxidil and had good results. I wanted better results so I ended moving to 2 mg oral minoxidil and duasteride and have been on that for 2 years now. I started at 21 so I was still going through puberty and hadn't fully grown my beard yet, I'm still fairly sure the minoxidil helped my beard growth along. I haven't had any adverse side effects but I already had dark circles under my eyes from years of sleep deprivation. I'm going to review late October and consider upping my dose again, I still have a few vellus hairs that haven't maturated yet on my right temple that I think I can get get growing with a little more juice.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did two years of finasteride and 1 mg oral minoxidil and had good results. I wanted better results so I ended moving to 2 mg oral minoxidil and duasteride and have been on that for 2 years now. I started at 21 so I was still going through puberty and hadn't fully grown my beard yet, I'm still fairly sure the minoxidil helped my beard growth along. I haven't had any adverse side effects but I already had dark circles under my eyes from years of sleep deprivation. I'm going to review late October and consider upping my dose again, I still have a few vellus hairs that haven't maturated yet on my right temple that I think I can get get growing with a little more juice.
What was your experience when you switched from finasteride to dutasteride?

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you still seeing hair fall out or has it completely stopped? I am also on 1.25mg daily finasteride and now 2x 2.5mg oral minoxidil

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What was your experience when you switched from finasteride to dutasteride?

Nothing changed at all, I continued to regrow hair on my temples.

Are you still seeing hair fall out or has it completely stopped? I am also on 1.25mg daily finasteride and now 2x 2.5mg oral minoxidil

I've been continually regrowing hair for the past 4 years. I had noticeable sheds when I started with finasteride/minoxidil, but I haven't had a noticeable shed since despite my temple hairs slowly growing back. I've just had vellus hairs slowly maturing over the past 2 years or so. The thing with my routine is I started with a very small minoxidil and finasteride, waited for two years and then changed my routine. I still have a few vellus hairs on my hairline which haven't fully grown yet so I'm going back to my dermatologist to discuss increasing my minoxidil again. I'm basically just trying to get the perfect dose of minoxidil to get all of my hairs growing, and then I'll consider tapering off the medication.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing changed at all, I continued to regrow hair on my temples.

I've been continually regrowing hair for the past 4 years. I had noticeable sheds when I started with finasteride/minoxidil, but I haven't had a noticeable shed since despite my temple hairs slowly growing back. I've just had vellus hairs slowly maturing over the past 2 years or so. The thing with my routine is I started with a very small minoxidil and finasteride, waited for two years and then changed my routine. I still have a few vellus hairs on my hairline which haven't fully grown yet so I'm going back to my dermatologist to discuss increasing my minoxidil again. I'm basically just trying to get the perfect dose of minoxidil to get all of my hairs growing, and then I'll consider tapering off the medication.
Sounds similar to me with the vellius hairs on temples. They are very slow at maturing though, definitely takes over a year to see noticeable difference. For me i still have hair falling out in the shower and sink etc of all different thicknesses but would say i am still seeing some regrowth. I wondered if you would say the same or if you dont notice any hair fall out at all now?

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm basically just trying to get the perfect dose of minoxidil to get all of my hairs growing, and then I'll consider tapering off the medication.

Consider lowering your dose of minoxidil once you've achieved maximum regrowth?

If so, this is an interesting approach; I've considered similar. Please let us know how this goes (guess we'll be waiting a while )

Anyone else tried this?

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anyone who uses oral minoxidil is more effective than microneedle plus minoxidil?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anyone who uses oral minoxidil is more effective than microneedle plus minoxidil?

I tried oral minoxidil along with needling daily and topical minoxidil for almost a year, once the brand of minoxidil foam i was using was discontinued (qgain 5% foam) was stopped i dropped topical altogether and my hair didn't suffer from it, that was at some point last year. I have been taking oral min from about october 2018, mostly at 10mg but i have cut back to 5mg.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried oral minoxidil along with needling daily and topical minoxidil for almost a year, once the brand of minoxidil foam i was using was discontinued (qgain 5% foam) was stopped i dropped topical altogether and my hair didn't suffer from it, that was at some point last year. I have been taking oral min from about october 2018, mostly at 10mg but i have cut back to 5mg.
what about regrowth ?

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you notice any difference when going up from 5mg to 10 or also when going down from 10mg to 5?

toronto

Reaction score
Still on 1.25mg of oral minoxidil a day. No sides, not sure any results either. Probably not enough minoxidil but I'm not desperate, going to continue at this low dose for the time being and include microneedling from this coming weekend.

Purchased from cm4shop. Slightly concerned and annoyed that I have to order from a dodgy site. Anyone have any thoughts on the safety of drugs purchased from sites based in Thailand? My main concern with taking oral minoxidil at this low dose is impurities/nasties in the product. What are peoples thoughts?
Are you apply any topicals to your scalp after micro needling? Or just oral minoxidil.
I guess my question is ... is there any benefit to micro needling if you’re not apply any growth topicals to your scalp? Or is microneedling an effective thing on it’s own.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you apply any topicals to your scalp after micro needling? Or just oral minoxidil.
I guess my question is ... is there any benefit to micro needling if you’re not apply any growth topicals to your scalp? Or is microneedling an effective thing on it’s own.
I do the same. 5mg daily oral minoxidil and dermaroll once a week. It has made a small difference but not significant enough. I have seen studys where dermarolling alone did have a benefit but nothing compared to the benefit it has when combined with topical minoxidil.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Starting to think oral minoxidil does nothing for me. Nearly a year now and very little results. Anyone else experiencing some good results?

@Rysteve93 how you going with it? Did you up the dosage to 20mg?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Starting to think oral minoxidil does nothing for me. Nearly a year now and very little results. Anyone else experiencing some good results?

@Rysteve93 how you going with it? Did you up the dosage to 20mg?

If you have been on it for a year and seen no results you are probably better of just going back to topical+needling or a combo of both. Where is your hair loss? crown or temples?

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have been on it for a year and seen no results you are probably better of just going back to topical+needling or a combo of both. Where is your hair loss? crown or temples?
I have never tried topical because I get eczema so was worried it might irritate my scalp. On the hairline and temples.

I think i remember you saying you didnt get anything off oral minoxidil. Was it different for you with topical?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never tried topical because I get eczema so was worried it might irritate my scalp. On the hairline and temples.

I think i remember you saying you didnt get anything off oral minoxidil. Was it different for you with topical?

i did get something from oral min i think, just not as good as expected, why not try between 5 and 10ml of oral castor oil for 6 months? I think it works well with oral min.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i did get something from oral min i think, just not as good as expected, why not try between 5 and 10ml of oral castor oil for 6 months? I think it works well with oral min.
Thats interesting. I have been thinking about that. I think i saw you say something about it before.

Someone always suggested to me oral pumpkin seed oil. Have you tried this?