Any Experience With Very Low Dose Oral Minoxidil (less Than 5 Mg)

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i don't really know but it boosts collagen and elastin, btw i didn't see any regrowth on oral castor oil. I only use it for the skin. i heard also that castor oil is a good durietic but that are just suppositions
I've used oral castor for ~3 weeks previous at 5 mL a day and will probably try it again. Why do you think it helps with collagen synthesis? Could you share some info?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi guys, i get pretty bad hypertrichosis from minoxidil , I am planning to do laser hair removal . But this costs a lot and i will keep taking the minoxidil / oral minoxidil. So will the unwanted body hiar come back after laser removal if i keep taking minoxidil?

lawyeah

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi guys, i get pretty bad hypertrichosis from minoxidil , I am planning to do laser hair removal . But this costs a lot and i will keep taking the minoxidil / oral minoxidil. So will the unwanted body hiar come back after laser removal if i keep taking minoxidil?
wtf you just have to shave it ????

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4 months on 5mg daily oral minoxidil.

No side affects. Hair on body seemed to grow longer and darker. Skin seems normal.

No shedding at all since day 1. Noticed more vellius hairs on temples but too early to say it is working for sure. Hair fall in shower etc is still at same rate of about 20 hairs a day.

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4 months on 5mg daily oral minoxidil.

No side affects. Hair on body seemed to grow longer and darker. Skin seems normal.

No shedding at all since day 1. Noticed more vellius hairs on temples but too early to say it is working for sure. Hair fall in shower etc is still at same rate of about 20 hairs a day.
Do you have dark circles

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
Still on 1.25mg of oral minoxidil a day. No sides, not sure any results either. Probably not enough minoxidil but I'm not desperate, going to continue at this low dose for the time being and include microneedling from this coming weekend.

Purchased from cm4shop. Slightly concerned and annoyed that I have to order from a dodgy site. Anyone have any thoughts on the safety of drugs purchased from sites based in Thailand? My main concern with taking oral minoxidil at this low dose is impurities/nasties in the product. What are peoples thoughts?

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The company Mosh will send out finasteride and oral minoxidil but they are quite expensive

8thgen

Reaction score
Hello all. Have been on and off user of the big three since 2007ish. Was going to completely get out of the game after using 15% minoxidil on my head and face (after derma rolling) led to crazy heart problems, a super aged face, and extreme dark puffy eyes. I since started using 0.1% Tretinoin on my face and temples (for anti-aging), which is working well.

I'll post my routine below (which I have been on for three weeks), but I only added oral minoxidil yesterday. I will try and post regularly every month or so with results (pics if I get amazing results).

1mg finasteride daily
5% Topical Minoxidil (2x per day)
5mg oral minoxidil...started just yesterday
0.1% Tretinoin at night (on face and temple area where I apply minoxidil)
1.5mm Dermapen (2x per week)....started just yesterday
2% Ketoconazole (Nizoral Shampoo)...everyday, leave on for 20 minutes

I lost about 2.5 inches at the sides of my hairline at 20 (13 years ago) and was diagnosed with male pattern baldness. Since then, the sides went a bit further back (like .5 inches), but moved towards the middle. The middle has moved back about 1 inch, and is now kind of a sharp triangle.

As of now, I am seeing lots of tiny black hairs growing all over my temple area. If they continue to grow, I will have a better hairline now then I can ever remember having (even more then the hair I had in my teens). We will see what happens.

Side effects:
-none, just some slight anxiety, faster heartbeat, and tiredness since starting oral min. I suspect this will go away as my body gets used to the meds

Additional notes:
-I probably won't experience puffy eyes since I'm on maximum tretinoin and take 30mg vyvanse which kind of acts as a powerful diuretic

Last edited:

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all. Have been on and off user of the big three since 2007ish. Was going to completely get out of the game after using 15% minoxidil on my head and face (after derma rolling) led to crazy heart problems, a super aged face, and extreme dark puffy eyes. I since started using 0.1% Tretinoin on my face and temples (for anti-aging), which is working well.

I'll post my routine below (which I have been on for three weeks), but I only added oral minoxidil yesterday. I will try and post regularly every month or so with results (pics if I get amazing results).

1mg finasteride daily
5% Topical Minoxidil (2x per day)
5mg oral minoxidil (2.5mg 2x per day)...started just yesterday
0.1% Tretinoin at night (on face and temple area where I apply minoxidil)
1.5mm Dermapen (2x per week)....started just yesterday

I lost about 2.5 inches at the sides of my hairline at 20 (13 years ago) and was diagnosed with male pattern baldness. Since then, the sides went a bit further back (like .5 inches), but moved towards the middle. The middle has moved back about 1 inch, and is now kind of a sharp triangle.

As of now, I am seeing lots of tiny black hairs growing all over my temple area. If they continue to grow, I will have a better hairline now then I can ever remember having (even more then the hair I had in my teens). We will see what happens.

Side effects:
-none, just some slight anxiety, faster heartbeat, and tiredness since starting oral min. I suspect this will go away as my body gets used to the meds

Additional notes:
-I probably won't experience puffy eyes since I'm on maximum tretinoin and take 30mg vyvanse which kind of acts as a powerful diuretic
The early fast heartbeat with oral minoxidil does go. Just dont focus on it.

Its a good treatment but does take time. I am definitely noticing hairline improvement but its slow. Dermarolling seems to quicken up the regrowth.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
2.5 up to 10mg daily. Used it for about a year in total. Noticeable increase in body and beard hair but zero results for scalp hair. Nothing but increased shedding.
Are u diffuse or just receeding hairline ?

I have noticed in the 10 days taking it my hair is spikier and sheds less

Michel Iorio

My Regimen
Reaction score
The early fast heartbeat with oral minoxidil does go. Just dont focus on it.

Its a good treatment but does take time. I am definitely noticing hairline improvement but its slow. Dermarolling seems to quicken up the regrowth.

Completely agree, improvement is very gradual, but consistent.

I've noticed dermapen every 4/5 days @ 1.5mm seems to be better than once every 7 days.

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

How long have you been taking and what's your body hairs condition right now ? Nobody talked about body hair growth whole topic. I have been taking oral minoxidil for 1.5 months and my upper arms and back starting to become hairy. They are still wispy but i can't imagine what will it become on 6 months if it continue to grow like this.

Does anybody know when this stabilize ?

lawyeah

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been taking and what's your body hairs condition right now ? Nobody talked about body hair growth whole topic. I have been taking oral minoxidil for 1.5 months and my upper arms and back starting to become hairy. They are still wispy but i can't imagine what will it become on 6 months if it continue to grow like this.

Does anybody know when this stabilize ?
i noticed the increase in body hairs too but i just shave sometimes my arms and legs. it's ok for me