Any Experience With Very Low Dose Oral Minoxidil (less Than 5 Mg)

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I plan on using 2.5mg oral minoxidil, but I don't think I'm going to take it every day, it's going to be an on-off thing to improve vascular performance.

Remember if you're using topical minoxidil that sh*t has a half life of 22 hours, whereas oral minoxidil has a comparatively very short halflife of like 2.8 to 4.2 hours.

If you are using both oral and topical, I would definitely low dose them both unless you totally know your body can take it.

I'm going to use loniten especially during the winter because I have really terrible issues with vascular constriction.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Extreme High doses of curcumin could cause heart palpitations especially with minoxidil. You say you had palpitations later on, would this be at same time you added curcumin

Curcumin unless you buy a very highly refined product that only contains the active curcuminoid substance has a sh*t-ton of oxalates which can build up in your kidneys and give you kidney stones. Just a PSA, kidney stones are not f*****g fun.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How many drops of the solution do you drink?
I am not good at counting drops but I shoot for half of the 25 ml line which isn't easy because they all taper downward. Female dosages of oral minoxidil go as low as .25 mg which seems astonishing low to me since what's that, one third of a drop daily?

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I plan on using 2.5mg oral minoxidil, but I don't think I'm going to take it every day, it's going to be an on-off thing to improve vascular performance.

Remember if you're using topical minoxidil that sh*t has a half life of 22 hours, whereas oral minoxidil has a comparatively very short halflife of like 2.8 to 4.2 hours.

If you are using both oral and topical, I would definitely low dose them both unless you totally know your body can take it.

I'm going to use loniten especially during the winter because I have really terrible issues with vascular constriction.
the half life on tissues is the same, there is prolonged effect on tissues of oral minoxidil even after its out of the serum

lawyeah

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello, does anyone know what's going on with CM4shop ? i don't found their URL adress...

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, so minoxidilmax 5% nonPG formulation absolutely works, I should have listened to my instincts and went with the dilute 2.5% formulation I was going to concoct myself with it, but I decided to see how far I could get with the 5% minoxidil application once per day.

I made it from march 2nd to the 8th and yesterday for the first time I started feeling very lightheaded and sluggish, and had this really strange heaviness in my lungs that I thought was me getting sick again but it is now gone because I decided to stop with the 5% minoxidil and give it a rest for a day.

I'm only doing 2.5% from here on out, I'm just too sensitive to too many things, but at least that's proof for anyone interested, yes the minoxidil you buy at that place is the real stuff.

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello my friend, it is a COX inhibitor, directly influencing prostaglandins mainly in increasing PGE2, you need to read a little about it, there is a lot of content about it in this forum and a lot of discussion of the real effect. What can I say and that I got an insane regrowth in my last treatment, I got hair from when I was 15 years old in 3 months, a lot of growth! but immunomodulators have insane side effects mainly for vital organs, i don't know if it would be wise to take this medication for hair loss this is really dangerous, i will open a topic soon with photos.
Hello my friend. I'm very interested in your success with sulfasalazine. In this thread you wrote that you will start taking sulfasalazine again and I am very interested in this caused your hair to grow?? I take a lot of things myself, but I have very severe baldness and I have to look for new ways to treat it. I started taking sulfasalazine two weeks ago 1 gram per day, I'm going to increase the dose to 1.5 grams per day. If it is not difficult, write how much do you take sulfasalazine? And if there are similar topics on the forum, please throw off the links.. I unfortunately found only two and they are very short and not informative. Sorry for my English, I'm writing through a translator.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4 months on 5mg oral minoxidil per day

i notice some new wrinkles under the eyes

And i take 20g collagen powder per day

Collagen destruction by minoxidil is real

Skin texture is strange. I can tell the skin quality is worse than before minoxidil but i am on tretinoin since a few weeks. Tretinoin can make skin worse at the beginning of the treatment. So i don't know

I am 21 years old by the way

Copper peptides and matrixyl should help with that.

Also 5mg oral minoxidil seems like a lot, I can't even handle 5mg topical minoxidil.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello my friend. I'm very interested in your success with sulfasalazine. In this thread you wrote that you will start taking sulfasalazine again and I am very interested in this caused your hair to grow?? I take a lot of things myself, but I have very severe baldness and I have to look for new ways to treat it. I started taking sulfasalazine two weeks ago 1 gram per day, I'm going to increase the dose to 1.5 grams per day. If it is not difficult, write how much do you take sulfasalazine? And if there are similar topics on the forum, please throw off the links.. I unfortunately found only two and they are very short and not informative. Sorry for my English, I'm writing through a translator.

Sulfasalazine is dangerous because it lowers immune function, it's used periodically for things like crohns disease during flare-ups to calm the inflammation, constant long term use would probably be like inducing immune system failure to a certain degree.

My similarities with tato increase the more I know him, I have suffered with inflammatory GI issues my whole life, only I was never put on such medications.

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sulfasalazine is dangerous because it lowers immune function, it's used periodically for things like crohns disease during flare-ups to calm the inflammation, constant long term use would probably be like inducing immune system failure to a certain degree.

My similarities with tato increase the more I know him, I have suffered with inflammatory GI issues my whole life, only I was never put on such medications.
We're willing to eat a lot and sacrifice a lot for our hair, aren't we? I have studied sulfasalazine quite well, I know that it reduces the immune response, it is used in autoimmune diseases.. This is the reason for its cosmetic effect on the hair. I am interested in the real reviews of those who have tried it for hair growth and topics on the forums, if you know such please throw it off. At the moment, the only side effects are bouts of apathy and an excited appetite.

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want you to understand that I have an immunological-based pathology, I discovered this path unintentionally in one of my treatments.

I have mild, super-controlled Ulcerative ColitisI had a lot of inflammation in my intestines when I was younger and i discovered i have a cronic disease in my bowel I had I haven't used any medication for some time, my illness has "disappeared" for a long time.

I had a treatment a few years ago in a crisis.

50 mg prednisolone + 50 mg azathioprine + 4800 mg mesalazine

Nw0, I recovered my entire hair in 6 months, whole, I don't have extreme nor very severe baldness. I am a dense nw2 today, at the time I should have been nw1-2, I recovered completely, total density.

But look at this treatment, practicing it is suicidal, I only did it because it was necessary and unintentionally I discovered a lot during the treatment.

I researched what could have happened at the time, but immunosuppressants interfere in many ways, I think the Beta catanin pathway that dictated growth here, inhibited by strong immunosuppressants.

Sulfasalazine increases PGE2 levels as well as minoxidil.

I tried after a few years to take only sulfasalazine to see if it would have worked.

I took it for 3 months along with my standard treatment for hair loss at the time, finasteride and minoxidil, I took 3000 mg

Result 0, I think when I got the result it was the combo of everything, not just her.

Another user of ours Bridgeburn tried it too, with no results

I tell you that not throwing sand in your treatment far from it, experiment can work for you, but this is what I learned and saw happen.

In my opinion the immunological route is more dangerous than the hormonal route.

Playing with the immunological route is playing God, a side effect can literally kill you.

Sulfasalazine causes reversible infertility(crazy thing), and I want you to note that it is toxic to the kidneys, as well as any anti inflammatory (Prostraglandin route)

Last edited:

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want you to understand that I have an immunological-based pathology, I discovered this path unintentionally in one of my treatments.

I have mild, super-controlled Ulcerative ColitisI had a lot of inflammation in my intestines when I was younger and i discovered i have a cronic disease in my bowel I had I haven't used any medication for some time, my illness has "disappeared" for a long time.

I had a treatment a few years ago in a crisis.

50 mg prednisolone + 50 mg azathioprine + 4800 mg mesalazine

Nw0, I recovered my entire hair in 6 months, whole, I don't have extreme nor very severe baldness. I am a dense nw2 today, at the time I should have been nw1-2, I recovered completely, total density.

But look at this treatment, practicing it is suicidal, I only did it because it was necessary and unintentionally I discovered a lot during the treatment.

I researched what could have happened at the time, but immunosuppressants interfere in many ways, I think the Beta catanin pathway that dictated growth here, inhibited by strong immunosuppressants.

Sulfasalazine increases PGE2 levels as well as minoxidil.

I tried after a few years to take only sulfasalazine to see if it would have worked.

I took it for 3 months along with my standard treatment for hair loss at the time, finasteride and minoxidil, I took 3000 mg

Result 0, I think when I got the result it was the combo of everything, not just her.

Another user of ours Bridgeburn tried it too, with no results

I tell you that not throwing sand in your treatment far from it, experiment can work for you, but this is what I learned and saw happen.

In my opinion the immunological route is more dangerous than the hormonal route.

Playing with the immunological route is playing God, a side effect can literally kill you.

Sulfasalazine causes reversible infertility(crazy thing), and I want you to note that it is toxic to the kidneys, as well as any anti inflammatory (Prostraglandin route)
Thanks for the reply. I think to take it for 2-3 months, not exceeding the dose of 1.5 grams. If there is no hair growth during this time, I will give it up.

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, among other things, I also take oral minoxidil. At the beginning of the reception, the heartbeat increased so that I heard these beats at night.. But after a week + - they subsided, but did not pass completely, still the heartbeat is frequent. There are no other side effects. I take a little more than a month, 5 mg a day

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, among other things, I also take oral minoxidil. At the beginning of the reception, the heartbeat increased so that I heard these beats at night.. But after a week + - they subsided, but did not pass completely, still the heartbeat is frequent. There are no other side effects. I take a little more than a month, 5 mg a day
The Tell-Tale Heart

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Normal, it means that the medicine is working.

Marked vasodilation = increased heart rate.

To a certain extent, note that if the vasodilation is extremely accentuated we will have accumulations of liquids including in the pericardiocardiac, causing pericardial effusion :D

But calm down , this extreme case , but can happens , take care with dosage minoxidil .